• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
VOTE: TheChuggernaut

baaa says sheep

About 50% placeholder, 30% ever-present scum read whatever Chuggs does. Rest unknown.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Short PSA:

I won't be around for day end. I'm quite comfortable with my vote on Sawneeks and will leave it there. I think what most stood out to me is her urging Sparks to vote early on while she still hasn't placed a vote. Also much of her early posts are about how she can't read Sparks which doesn't say anything.
Ok ok, reread the kerfuffle with sorian and faddy, then zeke and maol.

Sorian n Faddy isn't really much alignment-wise since they would fight regardless of their own respective alignments and i don't see much there as a whole. If anything I'd say maaaaybe not w/w but Aeleus has a good point regarding them both. I do think the only interesting point to gleam from the whole thing is Faddy misremembering Aeleus' past roles and thus misreading their initial post. He even does a total flip on Aeleus in this post and then just...leaves it.

how ominous.

Zeke and Maol felt like they were talking over one another and also not understanding either sides argument. I'm more inclined to say this feels like they wouldn't be on a team together but that's mostly gut at this stage. Think I'm coming out of this with a slightly better feeling on Maol than I am Zeke. :x

but this is also combined with the feeling that i dislike anyone who is giving Aeleus brownie points for that post. The only real difference is how people are describing why they are giving the points away and some read better than others even if i dislike it.

i do find it semi interesting that this all originated with Sparks (and by extension myself since I asked) but most of the above players haven't commented on either of us and have just been bickering.
I think this is the only post from her that has any kind of substance, but it again doesn't really say anything besides "could be this, but could also be that".

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I know I know,
Y'all should be convincing me of who I should vote for tbh. I'm the lost Townie right now, guide me. Give me something to look into, I need some focus.

Cut that shit out and play the game by making up your own mind on who to vohe.

Thank me later

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Fanto if it came down to it and Sorian was a top candidate I wouldn't vote for him, no. Monkey beat me to the reasoning.

Take a step back if you need to, man. We've got time before EOD.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Short PSA:

I won't be around for day end. I'm quite comfortable with my vote on Sawneeks and will leave it there. I think what most stood out to me is her urging Sparks to vote early on while she still hasn't placed a vote. Also much of her early posts are about how she can't read Sparks which doesn't say anything.

I think this is the only post from her that has any kind of substance, but it again doesn't really say anything besides "could be this, but could also be that".
Not only was that her only real substantive post, but she sheeped the summary of the Faddy/Sorian issue and never really addressed Faddy outside of that. It's why I mused on a possible connection there.

I am very interested in seeing where she goes today. I don't like that she hasn't voted yet at all, not even a prod vote.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
right from skimming through the thread here are the people I have as my town.

Monkey, Sawneeks, Fantomas, wee, Ketkat, nin, chuggs, blarg, flatearthpandas and Nicole.

I was going to put zeke on my list too but I have enough doubt to not make even this light town list.

Scum is harder.

I didn't like TWE's opening post. Felt too self concious.
Sorian has been scummy.
PirateBae. Just a lot of nothing
Maol. I haven't liked many of their posts

I would go in those 4 today.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm worried about Tee Dub E being set up as the easy target here tbh. I don't think losing him would be a huge town loss, but of the two games I've played with him, this reminds more of his town game than his scum game. Scum Edge tries harder IIRC

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm worried about Tee Dub E being set up as the easy target here tbh. I don't think losing him would be a huge town loss, but of the two games I've played with him, this reminds more of his town game than his scum game. Scum Edge tries harder IIRC
I submit scumEdge in TMBG giants as an example, in which he got by via doing not much and bussing, but I'd like to hear why you think this is town version.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Yeah but does he have any posts that overly strike you as town? I haven't seen any

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
[...] Blarg - We just witnessed a beautiful Blarg game in which he was solving like a boss and now he's back to full-on gimmicks. I wouldn't vote there today because even in that game he had a sketchy d1 but I don't like it in comparison. Still just a point of observation. [...]
There's no point in hunting right now when a 1/3rd of us are going to die over the first 2 or 3 Nights, Doctor

knife cuts steak the Matrix is bliss

Oct 25, 2017
I submit scumEdge in TMBG giants as an example, in which he got by via doing not much and bussing, but I'd like to hear why you think this is town version.

This reminds me more of his HoH town game than his TMBG game. Granted I don't really remember his early TMBG game and he wouldn't have time to bus here, but I remember him putting up more of a fight and pushing other players and that hasn't really happened here

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
I could go maol hmm. Verily defensive but on the other hand I could see myself playing pretty much just like that if I was town as well. Perhaps the care part would then be too much, would I care that much AND that early? No, I wanna say.

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, I fell into the "Oh shit Edge might be pulling some sneak shit again" trap in HoH and it turned out we just killed a townie and I'm just worried about repeating that. He very well could be scum, but I don't think that's where I would vote today

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Well fuck it, I am mad at this game, my reads are trash, this D1 sucks, I don't know what to do. I don't like having this pressure on me in these games where I'm expected to pick someone to fucking vote for so everyone who can't make up their minds can sheep me like every other game and then I pied piper Town to it's doom. I don't want to be a leader here, I'm not looking to convince anyone of anything.

No-one is looking at you to lead town or intentionally planning to sheep your vote. If it happens, it's purely coincidental. Not some grand plan.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, I fell into the "Oh shit Edge might be pulling some sneak shit again" trap in HoH and it turned out we just killed a townie and I'm just worried about repeating that. He very well could be scum, but I don't think that's where I would vote today
Do you keep your vote on wee? Her defense was... let's call it interesting.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
What is this weird nin wagon? These votes are shit.

-----

Maolfunction Do we think it's kosher that Nicole has to drop a vote early and then not worry about having to justify the day end wagons? It's mildly annoying but then your post reads more like it bothers you because her vote is stuck to you more than the actual absence of her for most of the day phase.
No, I don't think that's kosher either, but I'm not gonna press it because if she can't be here then she can't be here. Whatever. I really don't care that her vote is on me, but I do care that her vote is so lazy and how she didn't bother to really explain why my flip would yield more information than players who I think have more connections to players rn than me. People like Faddy, Aeleus, Sparks, and you are all connected to multiple people at this point, the most you get out of me is some info on Zeke, mayne Dr Monkey if you squint, I guess. And Faddy if you actually believe your narrative, Sorian.

Anyway, as for some other players I'm not feeling particularly hot about. The wee posts so far haven't been great, but I'm not up for voting them out today. But I'm gonna be keeping an eye on them. I could be persuaded to vote TWE today, but I'm gonna hold off it for now just for wagonomics. Blarg is an option too, he's being even weirder and less helpful today than last game, but I'm sure he'd act like this regardless of alignment. I just don't like the noise.

No one else is really standing out to me looking at the roster. I wouldn't get rid of Sparks or nin today. The claim by Sparks and the weird suggestions from nin don't sound like scum play to me, they could be neutrals but eh, I'm not gonna pursue that thought much for a lunch option. My guttiest take is that Stu's slot is town.

Oct 25, 2017

I didn't like his early posts about the room stuff and nothing else has really impressed me from him. My only issue with that is I can't figure out if thats something scum would come right out the gate with which is why I'm not voting for him right now. I'll vote for him, but I'm not confident about it

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking back at HoH and not seeing the comparison so I'm not sure how useful meta is in reading TWE at all. Therefore my current position is TheWorthyEdge isn't doing anything so far and I'd like to see him contribute in some way so we can make an informed decision.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
I didn't like his early posts about the room stuff and nothing else has really impressed me from him. My only issue with that is I can't figure out if thats something scum would come right out the gate with which is why I'm not voting for him right now. I'll vote for him, but I'm not confident about it

Is nin alone in the "not impressed" -group? Assuming he is not, why him above the others?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Vote: Maolfunction
I can't help but see that back and forth as noise. When I proved one of his reasons for voting me was wrong he pivoted the entire conversation to me town reading/defending ael.

Move: Kitchen

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
VOTE: TheWorthyEdge

Bad first post. And nothing redeeming after that. At this point they aren't a great loss to the game.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

What about the current voters on nin, do you agree with the idea that the reasoning used by those voters is weak?

Oct 25, 2017
Is nin alone in the "not impressed" -group? Assuming he is not, why him above the others?

It's mostly just a lot of the low posters that haven't really done anything that have stood out to me as townie right now. Nicole, Kalor, Ynnek, Terra. Not really feeling a scum read on any of them, but there's nothing that makes me think they're town. Nin is the only that I'm not impressed by that I could see getting voted out today which is why I would switch to him.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
It's mostly just a lot of the low posters that haven't really done anything that have stood out to me as townie right now. Nicole, Kalor, Ynnek, Terra. Not really feeling a scum read on any of them, but there's nothing that makes me think they're town. Nin is the only that I'm not impressed by that I could see getting voted out today which is why I would switch to him.

Fair enough. Don't agree about Kalor, his actions have been NAI imo. I dunno, I always tend to read you as scum.

Will try to look for an alternative though.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
nin Lets argue about the details of the #plan.

Was it something you could see happening when you thought it up, teased it and when you posted it?

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
First of all:

unvote

Secondly, anyone that is considering voting me now I think can be attributed to the Town team. There's no reason to defend me at this point in time and as a Day 1 lynch I'm probably the best vote Town could throw down because of past games.

NOW. I'm not saying you do it. Because that would be sad. Simply, I think I'm looking at Chugg on this one. There's really no reason to defend anyone at this current stage of the game, and I'm definitely a person Scum wants to keep around through the end game because I'm an easy kill.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
First of all:

unvote

Secondly, anyone that is considering voting me now I think can be attributed to the Town team. There's no reason to defend me at this point in time and as a Day 1 lynch I'm probably the best vote Town could throw down because of past games.

NOW. I'm not saying you do it. Because that would be sad. Simply, I think I'm looking at Chugg on this one. There's really no reason to defend anyone at this current stage of the game, and I'm definitely a person Scum wants to keep around through the end game because I'm an easy kill.

That reasoning is flawed. Voting for you doesn't indicate alignment because scum might see you as an easy vote/one that doesn't really need justified.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
In my humble opinion.
Yes.

It was something I thought of after waking up.
Yet it seemed plausible at that time

A point someone brought up against you was that you gave up on the plan in quite the unenthusiastic manner. What made you not defend and champion the plan, even if the odds were against it succeeding? It was your plan after all and you thought it was a good one, even if just in theory.

Why was the transition from the poetic nin - the champion of the plan, to the nin of today so sudden?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
First of all:

unvote

Eh, this is whatever. I don't love the shade on Chuggs but I can understand it. I want to see you do any other scumhunting, personally, but I don't love the people on this vote with me, so--

unvote

Eyeballing a few other possibilities but also taking care of some paperwork here so it'll be a minute before I revote. I'm curious about how current discussions unfold anyway.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
A point someone brought up against you was that you gave up on the plan in quite the unenthusiastic manner. What made you not defend and champion the plan, even if the odds were against it succeeding? It was your plan after all and you thought it was a good one, even if just in theory.

Why was the transition from the poetic nin - the champion of the plan, to the nin of today so sudden?
hello, I am someone, and thank you for bringing this up, because I really do want to know why nin made a big fuss only to completely drop his idea.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
That reasoning is flawed. Voting for you doesn't indicate alignment because scum might see you as an easy vote/one that doesn't really need justified.

But Day 1? If someone's going to be lynched Day 1 Mafia squirms with excitement. If that person is me however they're squirming a bit less because of how everyone perceives muh gaym. They don't want me gone now, they want me gone later. That's how I'm looking at it.