• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
1st I was like "oh that vote is so town Fanto and fits with the general vibes he's given."

2nd I was "oh that explanation is weird though."

I'll let the vibes reign supreme for now but tone down the positive read a bit.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it right? Let's vote within the people generating the most content. So anyone on my Townish list is now my Would Vote Today list. Add Sorian to it as well.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck the usual D1 meta, I want to vote for either Monkey or Sorian today.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Because they are antagonizing people and acting as though their subjective reads are objective reality. They are full of themselves and don't deserve any special treatment from us.

I don't see anyone acting like their reads are objective. If you want to do scums job for them on day 1, go ahead and lynch the active players.

Terrabyte20xx

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, does it bother anyone else that Aeleus was a big talking point for the day yet never got a single vote? Just a wired inconsistency I noticed going back over the thread.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, does it bother anyone else that Aeleus was a big talking point for the day yet never got a single vote? Just a wired inconsistency I noticed going back over the thread.
Aeleus was a big talking point because people were tripping over each other trying to town read them. Not surprised they never got any votes.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Give some reads tbh.

I don't like wee's posts so far and I agree with whoever said that your posts come across as poking around to see what sticks but never really offering anything yourself.

I think maol is fine, nin is null, still want to see more from terra. Sparks' claim is pretty stupid to pull this early in the game but it got people talking so whatever. I give it a town lean since I doubt scum would bring attention to themselves this early on unless they were fishing for a counterclaim.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
If I wanted to go with a D1 meta/policy vote, I'd go for one of these players:
Nin - Needs to be gone before LyLo anyway.
Sparks - Even with the claim, I don't feel like reading through 100 posts of his nonsense each day phase.
Sorian - Don't feel like reading his arguments.
Wee - Don't feel like reading her eccentric posts.
Kalor - Can never get a good read on him.
TheWorthyEdge - Same as above.

Otherwise we can try to shake things up and target someone else that would be more difficult to vote out on D1. Like Monkey, for example.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I'm gonna bounce for a bit. I'm glad Faddy is here; I want to see more from him. I'd also really like malus to respond to my post to him.
You mean this one?
I'm torn on this. On the one hand, the information is already out there, because Sparks can't exist in a game without role claiming or asking for roles. But on the other hand, this is past fishing and into digging. It's framed in the first of these as relatively townie (should "we" decide) but without a ton else from malus I'm not sure how to weigh this role digging.
I guess it could be read as role fishing though Sparks role is already out there, so not much I could have learned anyway. I was just thinking about the room mechanic and how the bathroom changed things, which made me curious how Sparks role would be affected by it.

Also I still want to know what people think about the bathroom people.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Add Blarg to the above list as well, because he's been nothing but nonsense so far, he was much more Townie in his last game by this point.

Oct 26, 2017
bedtime for me, i should be back by day end. just in case i sleep through, let's get a real vote out there.

tbh, was definitely gonna switch my vote off nin because it was a joke. his initial response was fine but the later one seemed strange. and the random train he's got is something i'd kind of like to keep going.

then I realized all I can remember zeke posting for pages is siri requests and truffle shuffle. chugg is doing a lot of siri as well, but bringing content in between.

vote: EzekelRAGE

malus

Oct 30, 2017
To me monkey falls into the "too useful as town to be lunched D1" category, so I won't be voting there.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sparks - Even with the claim, I don't feel like reading through 100 posts of his nonsense each day phase.

Otherwise we can try to shake things up and target someone else that would be more difficult to vote out on D1. Like Monkey, for example.
Fanto, are you ok?
It sounds like you hate everything right now and I'm a lil worried about you.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
There, I think I just had one big frustrated shaking and it got all the rust off of me, I'm feeling a bit cooler now.

Unvote

Let me think for a bit here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

This was me cutting through any bullshit in my mind and letting my thoughts roam free. This is my actual "Would Vote Today" list.

The easiest vote here is TWE, even if he is Scum I doubt his Scummates would disagree.

Nin is also easy.

Sparks probably won't get voted out because of his claim, and I do agree we probably shouldn't do that, but what I said above still stands.

Sorian/Wee/Kalor. That's the spicy zone.

Vote: Sorian

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Are you only worried because you ae on the list?
No, I'm worried because fanto seems unwell.

If people want to vote me out they can. I'm town but not likely to be much use as a role in the first couple days, and by then I often get night killed by scum. At least for day two i'll have SOME time to actually play instead of it happening during busy times at work and irl.

So if i'm to be the sacrificial lunch remember how much pirate bae wanted to get rid of me. Scum teams love getting town to remove me so they don't need to be arsed.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
malus I really don't care for the bathroom folks nor do I in general think too much about the rooms (sans Fort Kyaaa). Is a bastard game, anything could be true or not. I guess the sole noteworthy thing right now would be if the bathroom was completely empty N1.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Stuart444 has asked for a replacement. Will confirm when I get one
Sad to see you go Stu, hope you recover from jet lag soon

Don't have time to do any proper posts right now and will probably be around for 2-3 hours before EoD (keep in mind I need to cook and eat during that time) so if you've got any questions ask before them.

Not giving this vote much thought but currently my biggest scum read is faddy, don't like the recent output of Nin either.

Vote: Faddy

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??

what?

Nin I would consider voting for today, I haven't really liked his stuff

that is absolutely not a good reason to vote for Sparks or Sorian. If Sparks' claim is true, that's a huge boon for town and we should absolutely keep him around for as long as possible until it's proven he's scum or someone counterclaims (which I wouldn't expect until later)

Sorian is a high content, quality contributor to town (when town, he's tricky when scum) and should lynch him only if and when he's proven to be scum

I agree with Kalor and TWE though

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I know they're not answering questions about it anymore but are we just going to ignore Ael's really sus breadcrumb?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
what?

Nin I would consider voting for today, I haven't really liked his stuff

that is absolutely not a good reason to vote for Sparks or Sorian. If Sparks' claim is true, that's a huge boon for town and we should absolutely keep him around for as long as possible until it's proven he's scum or someone counterclaims (which I wouldn't expect until later)

Sorian is a high content, quality contributor to town (when town, he's tricky when scum) and should lynch him only if and when he's proven to be scum

I agree with Kalor and TWE though
Most of those reads were given in a fit of frustration because I feel like I have no reads that I'm passionate about here. Of course I agree about Sparks. Sorian however, meh, I would say his "quality contributions" to Town in the last year have been much smaller than his disruptiveness and completely wrong reads and narratives that he's loudly pushed as Town, add to that how he is as Scum, and yeah, I don't think we need to wait for definitive proof to get rid of him.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Sorian/Wee/Kalor. That's the spicy zone.

Vote: Sorian
wee isn't spicy, wee has done plenty to earn a vote. Can you give any actual reasons for Kalor or Sorian? I personally see none for either and I'd like to see a case. "He's not as good as town" doesn't hold water with me, nor is "he's hard to vote later." He's not. He gets voted out plenty.

I'm far less concerned about Sorian than I used to be and yes, he's tricky, but the problem is what do we gain by removing him day one here without anything scummy from him? What connections are there? What knowledge? Might as well throw a dart in the dark.
I know they're not answering questions about it anymore but are we just going to ignore Ael's really sus breadcrumb?
Several people did not ignore it and said things. Is it weird or is it actually suspicious? I lean the former.

vote: TheWorthyEdge

Faddy's shhhh I'm town does not convince me but I would also like to see if we can get anything out of TWE.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
What connections are there? What knowledge?
You're hard defending him for one, Bae just defended him. Let's see what happens if Sorian is a top candidate for the vote today. Do people vote for him or don't they? We get as much out of him as anyone else. You're gunna vote for TWE and pretend that's the most insightful vote ever? Lol.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
You're hard defending him for one, Bae just defended him. Let's see what happens if Sorian is a top candidate for the vote today. Do people vote for him or don't they? We get as much out of him as anyone else. You're gunna vote for TWE and pretend that's the most insightful vote ever? Lol.
I didn't pretend anything. You're just in a pissy mood. Don't take it out on me.

I'm asking why you actually want to vote for Sorian. You expect me to not defend someone I townread? Why?

malus

Oct 30, 2017
malus I really don't care for the bathroom folks nor do I in general think too much about the rooms (sans Fort Kyaaa). Is a bastard game, anything could be true or not. I guess the sole noteworthy thing right now would be if the bathroom was completely empty N1.
Sure anything could be a lie, but in my experience that is not how Fran rolls. Last time the rooms had no function at all, but nowhere did it say they did anything. I think it would be silly to state a specific function only for it to be false.
As far as we know it's basically a jail for 2 people. They are (pretty much) guaranteed to not be the night kill and also to not be the ones doing the night kill.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm asking why you actually want to vote for Sorian. You expect me to not defend someone I townread? Why?
He's pushing a trash narrative that I'm "coasting" and "leading discussions" in this game for one. Yeah, I have more posts than anyone but Sparks, but lets call me out for coasting instead of like, anyone fucking else. Also totally had not been leading any discussions in this game, he made that up.

His reads are terrible in this game so far, he's being antagonistic and getting into pointless arguments as always, he deserves no special treatment.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
He's pushing a trash narrative that I'm "coasting" and "leading discussions" in this game for one. Yeah, I have more posts than anyone but Sparks, but lets call me out for coasting instead of like, anyone fucking else. Also totally had not been leading any discussions in this game, he made that up.

His reads are terrible in this game so far, he's being antagonistic and getting into pointless arguments as always, he deserves no special treatment.
So you were pretty much coasting, and admitted it yourself, and still say you don't really have any firm reads, but you're mad because Sorian said you were coasting? Playing the game is not antagonistic. Sorian has not been particularly antagonistic in this game. Much more tame than past Sorians, in fact. I'd argue your whole "special treatment" thing (wtf is that even?) is just as antagonistic, in fact.

No one is arguing about special treatment except you. No one is saying Sorian should get special treatment. I am saying that I see no indication Sorian is scum.

Mad ain't a read and you know it.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

This is all true.

At the same time you were getting on monkey for voting for me on day 1. Aren't those situations exact mirrors?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Well fuck it, I am mad at this game, my reads are trash, this D1 sucks, I don't know what to do. I don't like having this pressure on me in these games where I'm expected to pick someone to fucking vote for so everyone who can't make up their minds can sheep me like every other game and then I pied piper Town to it's doom. I don't want to be a leader here, I'm not looking to convince anyone of anything.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Sure anything could be a lie, but in my experience that is not how Fran rolls. Last time the rooms had no function at all, but nowhere did it say they did anything. I think it would be silly to state a specific function only for it to be false.
As far as we know it's basically a jail for 2 people. They are (pretty much) guaranteed to not be the night kill and also to not be the ones doing the night kill.

I don't agree with the last sentence and I think it is too early to trust Fran, Our Benefactor.

Oct 25, 2017
Well fuck it, I am mad at this game, my reads are trash, this D1 sucks, I don't know what to do. I don't like having this pressure on me in these games where I'm expected to pick someone to fucking vote for so everyone who can't make up their minds can sheep me like every other game and then I pied piper Town to it's doom. I don't want to be a leader here, I'm not looking to convince anyone of anything.

it's okay Fanto you can sheep me if you want

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all should be convincing me of who I should vote for tbh. I'm the lost Townie right now, guide me. Give me something to look into, I need some focus.