• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really see the Maol/Faddy connection at this time myself. I mean, it's possible, but seems thin. I wouldn't mind seeing them as vote contenders tho.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Sparks isn't saying anything new anyway. all the mechanical info about the bathroom is in the opening post.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Sparks isn't saying anything new anyway. all the mechanical info about the bathroom is in the opening post.
I guess he can move people into it, which begs the question if there's already two people in there, can he switch one out or was Fran lying about there only being 2 people allowed in there at night.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it is a 100% red flag either way, but town Maol would probably (?) make me feel better about Faddy's interactions D1 whereas a scum Mao would make me feel a lot worse about them. It wouldn't be confirmation, but it would be good information going into D2, I think.

they were the best of times

(everyone liked that)
Hm, but you don't necessarily find Mao scummy? It would be an information lunch?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
hey cool remember when everyone who isn't Faddy said not to role claim

those were good times
Mmhmm.

-------

I guess I'm still just waiting to hear more from the players who haven't said much yet.

Of those with 10 or more posts, I guess this is a read list I can give for now (no particular order):

Definitely Would Not Vote Today:
Chugg
Monkey
Sawneeks
Faddy
Sparks
Bae
Aeleus

For the people below 10 posts, I guess I would say that I'd most like to hear more from Stu, Nicole, Kalor, Ketkat, Terrabyte, and Kyan simply because I mostly feel better about those names than some of the others when I stare at the player list.

Anyone not mentioned is someone I could see myself voting for at this point in time I suppose.

-------

I don't have much else to say right now, I'm just watching anime.

Or wait, is Avatar: The Last Airbender considered an anime? It wasn't made in Japan, but it's still pretty anime, right?

I'll call it anime.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
flatearthpandas, I thought you wanted to be called feps, with the S, for plural pandas. Have I been wrong all these years?

Anyway, I'd love to see where you are now, re: nin and everything else. But perhaps especially with nin.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Monkey, what do you think of my Would Not Vote Today list so far? Agree? Disagree?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Fanto

So you would lunch sorian?
GbDlhLd.gif

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Monkey, what do you think of my Would Not Vote Today list so far? Agree? Disagree?
Eh. Some of these I dunno why you wouldn't vote them, and you're not explaining so I'm not sure how you're getting there outside of possibly "these people have done some things." And if you're keeping Sparks over that role claim, meh, whatever. That's a role that could go either way. Is him actually claiming it maybe more town? Maybe. But who knows.

What do you think of Vere being shocked that people are voting for info on d1? (I am an advocate for voting scum reads on d1 but I mean, yeah, I think choosing a lesser of two evils or scummy+info is pretty standard). Though I hope SweetNicole has a chance to respond. I'd like to hear from her on it.

Anyway, I'll probably do my own lists later/in the morning and we'll have some overlap.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
You know, while I respect the idea of voting for me for information, I'm questioning what information you really get out of it considering the only relationship between me and Faddy is a complete fabrication Sorian came up with to explain why I didn't call out Faddy with them when I was asleep.

Other than that, I haven't interacted with Faddy all that much outside of like, a post where I corrected his read and Sorian swooped in to further their narrative.

Oct 27, 2017
Eh. Some of these I dunno why you wouldn't vote them, and you're not explaining so I'm not sure how you're getting there outside of possibly "these people have done some things." And if you're keeping Sparks over that role claim, meh, whatever. That's a role that could go either way. Is him actually claiming it maybe more town? Maybe. But who knows.

What do you think of Vere being shocked that people are voting for info on d1? (I am an advocate for voting scum reads on d1 but I mean, yeah, I think choosing a lesser of two evils or scummy+info is pretty standard). Though I hope SweetNicole has a chance to respond. I'd like to hear from her on it.

Anyway, I'll probably do my own lists later/in the morning and we'll have some overlap.

When you put it that way .....

Oct 27, 2017
That scumread on vere by monkey

it's like I hit my elbow on something wooden and now I realize what's in front of my nose

hmmmm vote change pending now

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Hm, but you don't necessarily find Mao scummy? It would be an information lunch?

I wouldn't be surprised if he was scum, but it being day one, I can't say he's like red flag scummy for me. It'd be more of a hunch/intuition, that and the fact that it seems like we'd get some information about it.

This day one has felt weird to me in that there hasn't been anyone, in my mind, who has jumped out as being immediately scummy or acting in a way that indicative scum. It might be that it is a larger game so there's more people to keep track of or that I'm trying to stay more open minded about alignments and the way people speak in this game than I have in the past or just that people are playing better/acting different.

IDK; feeling pretty meh on voting overall, and with my having to vote significantly early (like 12+ hrs in advance), not sure what's the optimal thing I should do to help.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

It's D1 and most of them are the players that are generating a lot of content that I mostly agree with. Aeleus is there because I like your read tbh as well as their big post in response to me earlier, Bae is there just because, Sparks is there for the role claim yes, and yes I do think he's more Town for having claimed it, he didn't claim shit in LiS until the heat was truly on him and his Scum partners gave him the ok and told him what to claim. You could maybe add Mao to this list too tbh now that I think about it some more.

I do agree that voting for info on D1 is probably one of the better days to vote for info if one was so inclined. Vere poking away at people with follow-up questions seems pretty standard Vere to me I guess, I hadn't really thought much of it.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
This day one has felt weird to me in that there hasn't been anyone, in my mind, who has jumped out as being immediately scummy or acting in a way that indicative scum. It might be that it is a larger game so there's more people to keep track of or that I'm trying to stay more open minded about alignments and the way people speak in this game than I have in the past or just that people are playing better/acting different.
I feel this for sure, not just you. I think it's that half the game has made a pretty good amount of posts, while the other half has made around the minimum required, so there's kind of an imbalance in content from a lot of the players. That's what it feels like to me at least.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
It's D1 and most of them are the players that are generating a lot of content that I mostly agree with. Aeleus is there because I like your read tbh as well as their big post in response to me earlier, Bae is there just because, Sparks is there for the role claim yes, and yes I do think he's more Town for having claimed it, he didn't claim shit in LiS until the heat was truly on him and his Scum partners gave him the ok and told him what to claim. You could maybe add Mao to this list too tbh now that I think about it some more.

I do agree that voting for info on D1 is probably one of the better days to vote for info if one was so inclined. Vere poking away at people with follow-up questions seems pretty standard Vere to me I guess, I hadn't really thought much of it.

I will say it's a pretty interesting (?) role to claim considering it essentially is a transporter or position swapper which is an extremely powerful ability and could be used to manipulate pretty much everyone.

If someone ever claims 'I did X with Y' sparks can then claim 'well I placed X in bathroom' etc.

I can see how it can be used to manipulate information or distort what happened on a given night.

Also, according to roles scum was given free (safe) claims so he doesn't need any clearance or whatever to be able to claim a role since, if he is scum, his role claim is 100% safe.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I will say it's a pretty interesting (?) role to claim considering it essentially is a transporter or position swapper which is an extremely powerful ability and could be used to manipulate pretty much everyone.

If someone ever claims 'I did X with Y' sparks can then claim 'well I placed X in bathroom' etc.

I can see how it can be used to manipulate information or distort what happened on a given night.

Also, according to roles scum was given free (safe) claims so he doesn't need any clearance or whatever to be able to claim a role since, if he is scum, his role claim is 100% safe.
It still depends on whether or not the Bathroom actually does what Fran says it does though, he was very notorious for openly lying to us in Conspiracy 1, he loved it. But yeah, if we take everything at face value right now and assume it's all true, it would be a pretty good role for either alignment.

As for the last point, I gave Scum safe fake claims in LiS as well, what I meant was that he literally asked Scum chat if he should claim, and they said go ahead and told him which one to use since he was going to be lynched. I just don't think he'd claim recklessly like this if he was Scum, but yeah it's all Meta and I'll admit that, just my opinion.

OP
OP
Fran

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

nin (3 votes)
flatearthpandas - #363
Fanto - #436
TheWorthyEdge - #494

Faddy (3 votes)
Sorian - #101 #341
Terrabyte20xx - #415
Dr. Monkey - #522
Blargonaut - #681

Sawneeks (2 votes)
Verelios - #98
malus - #594

TheWorthyEdge (1 votes)
weemadarthur - #385

EzekelRAGE (1 votes)
Maolfunction - #452

Fanto (1 votes)
Pirate Bae - #208

Sorian (0 votes)
Terrabyte20xx - #206 #415
Funky Dude Sparks - #315 #592

TheChuggernaut (0 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #132 #135

Pirate Bae (0 votes)
Fanto - #264 #430

Dr. Monkey (0 votes)
Fanto - #96 #264

B-Dubs (0 votes)
weemadarthur - #207 #385

Not voting: SweetNicole, Ynnek7, Faddy, Funky Dude Sparks, Kalor, EzekelRAGE, Ketkat, TheChuggernaut, Sorian, Sawneeks, Aeleus, Stuart444, Zippedpinhead, nin, Kyanrute

Post Counts:
Funky Dude Sparks: 106 Fanto: 63 TheChuggernaut: 47 Sorian: 44 Dr. Monkey: 42 Maolfunction: 41 Sawneeks: 37 Faddy: 31 EzekelRAGE: 25 Verelios: 24 nin: 24 Blargonaut: 22 Pirate Bae: 12 SweetNicole: 11 Aeleus: 11 Zippedpinhead: 10 Stuart444: 10 TheWorthyEdge: 8 Kalor: 8 Ketkat: 8 weemadarthur: 8 Terrabyte20xx: 7 Kyanrute: 7 Ynnek7: 6 flatearthpandas: 4 malus: 3

Current Countdown:
4gpg7egg4i

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

==== DAY 1 MOVEMENT ====

Day Start

library (Active votes: 5)
verelios - #98
kyanrute - #114
maolfunction - #147
zippedpinhead - #205
blargonaut - #347

kitchen (Active votes: 4)
kyanrute - #110 #114
ketkat - #139
funky dude sparks - #204
flatearthpandas - #344
theworthyedge - #505

dining room (Active votes: 3)
kalor - #157
stuart444 - #345
ynnek7 - #443

rec room (Active votes: 3)
fanto - #96
sawneeks - #146
aeleus - #220

quarters (Active votes: 2)
kyanrute - #106 #110
dr. monkey - #176
malus - #353

bathroom (Active votes: 2)
faddy - #99
weemadarthur - #187

dining room [highlight/] (Active votes: 0)
ynnek7 - #442 #443

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Oct 26, 2017
okay, caught up. stayed up all night watching October faction and playing ori (not good, delightful) so just woke up a bit ago. not really impressed with the pages of crap that greeted me.

guys, i tried, i really tried to summon an ounce of caring about the aeleus thing. just a lot of loud players flexing on each other. better to have happened than not but ugh.

verelios is my best read for the day. he came in, reacted to several things decently, made some links. nai, but I appreciate the shitposts from sparks and maol for adding a bit of light to that slog

Oct 26, 2017
flatearthpandas, I thought you wanted to be called feps, with the S, for plural pandas. Have I been wrong all these years?

Anyway, I'd love to see where you are now, re: nin and everything else. But perhaps especially with nin.
Yeah, proper abbreviation is feps. i thought about messaging fran about it but couldn't be bothered in the end. to be fair, i included both in the sign ups.

My vote on nin was throwaway. i doubt I'll be voting him eod. his, uh, plan isn't something that i think warrants much. doesn't really even count as trying to look busy. not scummy just nai. I'd like to say he ought to be trying to look better if he were scum but I don't believe he would

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I wish to vote out one of the following players:

Monkey
For encouraging this whole dumb back n forth indiscriminately while also distancing herself from having any actual opinion, only denial of opinion.

Theworthyedge
He says I'm right to vote him and I trust him implicitly

Kyanrute
People who love books are very towny but one of them must be scum, i bet it's kyaa.

Pirate Bae
Who are we kidding, she never doesn't roll scum. Why wait around any phases before handling it.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

Monkey
For encouraging this whole dumb back n forth indiscriminately while also distancing herself from having any actual opinion, only denial of opinion.

Theworthyedge

Kyanrute
People who love books are very towny but one of them must be scum, i bet it's kyaa.

Pirate Bae
Who are we kidding, she never doesn't roll scum. Why wait around any phases before handling it.
1. Incorrect, I came out of it scumreading Faddy and townreading Aeleus. And slight town on Sorian. On Sneeks and Vere, people tried to ascribe reads to me I didn't make. Why would I let that stand? As for the dumb back and forth, point to where I encouraged? If you mean correcting blatant misreads of a post and factual errors in game histories, uh, sure. I guess that's "encouraging." Whatever, wee. I know this is conspiracy and all, but too many folks are just making shit up for comfort.
2. Sure, TWE is no loss so far.
3. This is dumb.
4. This is also dumb.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
okay, caught up. stayed up all night watching October faction and playing ori (not good, delightful) so just woke up a bit ago. not really impressed with the pages of crap that greeted me.

guys, i tried, i really tried to summon an ounce of caring about the aeleus thing. just a lot of loud players flexing on each other. better to have happened than not but ugh.

verelios is my best read for the day. he came in, reacted to several things decently, made some links. nai, but I appreciate the shitposts from sparks and maol for adding a bit of light to that slog
This is a good post.

Monkey

Theworthyedge

Kyanrute

Pirate Bae
This is a bad post.
1. Incorrect, I came out of it scumreading Faddy and townreading Aeleus. And slight town on Sorian. On Sneeks and Vere, people tried to ascribe reads to me I didn't make. Why would I let that stand? As for the dumb back and forth, point to where I encouraged? If you mean correcting blatant misreads of a post and factual errors in game histories, uh, sure. I guess that's "encouraging." Whatever, wee. I know this is conspiracy and all, but too many folks are just making shit up for comfort.
2. Sure, TWE is no loss so far.
3. This is dumb.
4. This is also dumb.
This is a good post.
this is boring can we go back to playing watch dogs
This is a bad post.

And with that, I'm going to bed. I will see you all in the morning or else perhaps from my phone for a little while longer.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
wee's take is so bad I wonder if she's a neutral lyncher. The other three reads aren't reads and the one on me is built from inaccuracies. Seems forced.

Anyway, I too am going to bed.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Guess for the record I...believe sparks? I don't know, I see no other reason to just blurt that out if it were a lie. Alignment-wise is another question and there's a large part of me that wants to just write him down as Town and then look back later.

Mmhmm.

-------

I guess I'm still just waiting to hear more from the players who haven't said much yet.

Of those with 10 or more posts, I guess this is a read list I can give for now (no particular order):

Definitely Would Not Vote Today:
Chugg
Monkey
Sawneeks
Faddy
Sparks
Bae
Aeleus

For the people below 10 posts, I guess I would say that I'd most like to hear more from Stu, Nicole, Kalor, Ketkat, Terrabyte, and Kyan simply because I mostly feel better about those names than some of the others when I stare at the player list.

Anyone not mentioned is someone I could see myself voting for at this point in time I suppose.

-------

I don't have much else to say right now, I'm just watching anime.

Or wait, is Avatar: The Last Airbender considered an anime? It wasn't made in Japan, but it's still pretty anime, right?

I'll call it anime.
Why chuggs btw? He's been super relaxed so far and I can't tell if its 'this is fun and im helping when i can' or 'watching the world burn' relaxation.

(warning: shameless plug)
if you're enjoying that just wait until Pedro and I finally run Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia. Coming soon!

Monkey

Theworthyedge

Kyanrute

Pirate Bae
dont you always want to kill sorian?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does this nin vote have any actual weight to it?

Also, VOTE: Maolfunction for wagonomics since Faddy is already tied for the lead.

Also, Fanto I see your shit, you are coasting and trying to lead conversation just like you did last time.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
nevermind then.

you gonna respond to monkey's reply or nah?
Ppl are so mean this game. Waaaah.

I'm literally in bed and gotta get huge calculations done at work tomorrow. I do still hate hecht rhythm due to my work schedule. Some days I'm not much use, what can I say. I only hope like 4 ppl die in N1 to try to control the excess posting as well as the overabundance of players. Etc.