• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I don't have any strong reads right now, which isn't out of the norm for me for day one. No one has done anything outright scummy in my mind. It is even harder in a game like there where there's twenty-six people.

I'm most interested in seeing how voting goes down and the arguments surrounding that, but unfortunately I'll be gone for that time.

Right now, I think I'm probably going to place a vote on Maol and leave it until the end of day (since I won't be around to change my vote before day end irl). I definitely noticed the Faddy/Maol interaction earlier that Sorian pointed out, and Faddy astutely commented that we could flip Maol and possibly gain some info on Faddy as a result. I don't have a strong reading any particular way on Maol, and I figure, if there is going to be a flip day one, I'd at least like to get some information out of it.

Probably my strongest (?) town reads right now are Sawmeeks or Dr. Monkey, but it is still very early in the game. They seem to be active and asking questions that have helped me as a player who can't be here learn some things about other players.

What does everyone make of these statements:
thats a wild idea You have there.
like me staying on one day in the bathroom, planting a bomb and next day telling you all to go there in order to explode ? thats a good plan sou have there but for one its not very helpful if you are town lol And second of all it wasnt mine.
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔The bathroom

the batrooom

the bafroom

The bathroom is a trap 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

What do you know Sorian?????
I have a role that related to the bathroom
the bathboom

Ccxc.gif

Is this role claiming? Shooting the shit? Bread crumbs?

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have any strong reads right now, which isn't out of the norm for me for day one. No one has done anything outright scummy in my mind. It is even harder in a game like there where there's twenty-six people.

I'm most interested in seeing how voting goes down and the arguments surrounding that, but unfortunately I'll be gone for that time.

Right now, I think I'm probably going to place a vote on Maol and leave it until the end of day (since I won't be around to change my vote before day end irl). I definitely noticed the Faddy/Maol interaction earlier that Sorian pointed out, and Faddy astutely commented that we could flip Maol and possibly gain some info on Faddy as a result. I don't have a strong reading any particular way on Maol, and I figure, if there is going to be a flip day one, I'd at least like to get some information out of it.

Probably my strongest (?) town reads right now are Sawmeeks or Dr. Monkey, but it is still very early in the game. They seem to be active and asking questions that have helped me as a player who can't be here learn some things about other players.

Yes bread crumbing

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I think someone mentioned that they thought Verelios was acting more subdued than usual, that is a read I agree with but given the only meta of Verelios I know is his scum meta it doesn't mean much for me right now.

Technically I find Stu's current posts suspicious as heck, but given I've felt this way about every D1 I've played with him I'm willing to ignore it.

wait, if you are willing to ignore suspicious behavior with stu, why are you now suddenly refusing to do it in regards to everyone else?

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
It's the Stu cycle. Comes off as real scummy on day 1 and then you give him a couple of days and he solves the game. Towns better off with him alive
no, my concern is why aelus will let stu slide with suspicious behavior (even if he's a boon in later days) and not others?

like if you see something fishy, call it out. the rest of town should know, too. don't let meta reads excuse scummy behavior, that's Mafia 101

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Faddy's idea about Saw and Sparks not being in cahoots seems like a reasonable one for now. Now that we've transitioned past the "early game dank MAYMAYS and ULULZ" -phase, would wanna hear more from Sparks, given that he left with the lulz. There could've been a bit of an attention dodge there (or here, given that the disappearance is still going on?) but it is impossible to know for sure.
rcq6Yts.gif

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
More caught up now, yes, that's about the level of what nin would come up with (again, just a nin thing so /shrug). Plan isn't great, I highly doubt the rooms matter in a meaningful way and especially this early with this many people it will be impossible to gain much knowledge. The bathroom (probably) works as advertised and past that, maybe some roles or the scum kill have to be within the same room but the data of everyone being in the same room except nin would tell us nothing unless nin was exactly the one to die.
When did we get old, Sorian

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so glad that Sparks is the one who's gonna tell us all about the bathroom. That won't add any confusion to the thread, surely.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Every Day should be a Thunderdome between the 2 players in the Bathroom; only players who feel they're too important to lose or act, i.e. Power Roles and scum, would ever choose to hide in there overnight.

Oct 27, 2017
So theoretically I pick someone from this crowed put them in the bathroom for one night/day whatever

THEY CAN'T DO SHIT TO ANYONE! That's what I mean soundproof

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone has a power role (hence role madness) so If i were take bae and put her in the bathroom, she wouldn't target anyone for the day or night cycle whenever

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
EB31PXf.gif

NOTE:

A [Mafia] game where the player(s) pick their Role from any one of the previous games that player has played in; they PM their selection to the host before game-start.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

What would Maol's flip tell you about Faddy, either affiliation? You didn't mention in your post.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
What would Maol's flip tell you about Faddy, either affiliation? You didn't mention in your post.

I don't think it is a 100% red flag either way, but town Maol would probably (?) make me feel better about Faddy's interactions D1 whereas a scum Mao would make me feel a lot worse about them. It wouldn't be confirmation, but it would be good information going into D2, I think.

hey cool remember when everyone who isn't Faddy said not to role claim

those were good times

they were the best of times

No I don't want anyone to roleclaim, thanks..

(everyone liked that)