• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't look like the vote tool picked up my vote, one more time, gotta get posts in this game somehow, right.

Vote: EzekelRAGE

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ahem, let's try that again without breaking quotes.

I don't really like these posts by Zeke. They seem forced and I don't think they're actually doing much other than reinforcing the idea that Sparks is town, which a scum!Zeke would already know, of course. I also don't get why it's better to keep reads about Sparks, one of the most volatile players in the roster, to yourself considering how his play style naturally draws people into wanting to vote for him. If someone has a better understanding of Spark's playstyle, town is better off knowing it up front.

So I'm gonna Vote: EzekelRAGE

I feel like town Zeke would have just posted *truffleshuffle* in response to that little exchange. This feels like someone trying to push himself into the game early on to gain influence.

How's that for a read.
I like the read for sure. I think I had mentioned that "keep the read to yourself" post earlier as well, but ultimately felt it was a very Zeke thing to say since he usually speaks from his own perspective on how best to play as Town, whether or not that lines up with anyone else's, so it was ultimately NAI to me. But, I do like the rest of your analysis here as well, something felt off to me about Zeke's posts earlier and this puts it into words better than I was able to.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Commenting on general controversies as I go:

nin's "I have something" is pretty towny; gotta agree with Faddy on that, especially if it comes to nothing, which is what I expect.

Arguing over meta reads on day one is boring. It's like the no-kill discussion, except more likely to come from scum, I think, though only a little.

Sparks has 61 posts of fucking nothing and I almost want to vote there just to remove a significant chunk of clutter, but also because he's a loose cannon who can really skew votes. Not sure that's a big danger in a big game, though.

Wasn't that the game where he accidentally admitted to being a poisoner or something? I didn't play in it, but I have a vague memory. I would expect then a small difference between town and scum Sparks might be less hollering for mass claims/role claims but who knows, since he basically outed himself at least once.

Interesting, thank you.

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.png

See, this is why you don't get townread.

Still a page back and need to get back to work but just wanted to say this now before I forget. That is not towny nin, that is just nin. He regularly comes in with some hot fake info at game start and then never follows up with it, that's NAI at all.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Still a page back and need to get back to work but just wanted to say this now before I forget. That is not towny nin, that is just nin. He regularly comes in with some hot fake info at game start and then never follows up with it, that's NAI at all.
Possibly, but I think the rest of nin seems relatively townie. I don't get scum vibes from his plan, just sorta silly ones. I doubt I'd vote there today as things stand at present.

Will have some more in a bit, playing more catchup at home, too, and a lot has piled up.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
There are two ways this map mechanic will turn out.

My initial thought was that the map is a red herring. Just like the last time.

But this being a sequel and repeating the same idea would be boring I think this time around the map will have some kind of impact.

My suggestion will be that we all stay on the same room, except me being the only one being in a another room.

My though was that if there is the likely hood of another room being dangerous. I would sacrifice myself.

Of course there would also be the possibility of me trying to lure everyone else into a trap and me being a sole survivor.

That what I remember being written down on the paper I left home

What does everyone else think of that plan ?
I'd be down for it but it seems like some of the others haven't showered in days, do you really want to be stuck in a room with them?

(in all seriousness, I think the plan was doomed to fail given how much support it would need, including getting somepople out of that bathroom. Even if you did I doubt there's a bomb which could wipe out most the players anyway, it'd be a great way to waste all the time Fran ect put into designing it and fun for no one but spec, more likely rooms do nothing again. Conspiracy 3 meanwhile? All about them map mechanics)

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Ahem, let's try that again without breaking quotes.

I don't really like these posts by Zeke. They seem forced and I don't think they're actually doing much other than reinforcing the idea that Sparks is town, which a scum!Zeke would already know, of course. I also don't get why it's better to keep reads about Sparks, one of the most volatile players in the roster, to yourself considering how his play style naturally draws people into wanting to vote for him. If someone has a better understanding of Spark's playstyle, town is better off knowing it up front.

So I'm gonna Vote: EzekelRAGE

I feel like town Zeke would have just posted *truffleshuffle* in response to that little exchange. This feels like someone trying to push himself into the game early on to gain influence.

How's that for a read.
It's because you are reading the post wrong. It has nothing to do with sparks. It has to do with faddy/sorian trying to downplay/misrepresent ael's post.

Ael's post is one of the few/only? posts I've read as genuine town play this phase. So yea, conversation about that post will catch my attention.

as far asgiving insight into sparks, I would just holdit close to the chest and see how sparks continues to play, then drop that bomb.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
It's because you are reading the post wrong. It has nothing to do with sparks. It has to do with faddy/sorian trying to downplay/misrepresent ael's post.

Ael's post is one of the few/only? posts I've read as genuine town play this phase. So yea, conversation about that post will catch my attention.

as far asgiving insight into sparks, I would just holdit close to the chest and see how sparks continues to play, then drop that bomb.
Aeleus' post is explicitly about Sparks tho. Your post trying to highlight that you like the post? Agree with the post? Is giving commentary on what you think of Sparks one way or the other.

It's also weird how you like his post and actually assign an alignment lean to it as town, but then also say that you wouldn't have posted that and would have held onto the info until, later, who knows when, closer to deadline? I don't see how it benefits town to hold it and wait and I also don't get why you're giving Aeleus a town read for something you yourself wouldn't do if you're town.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
More caught up now, yes, that's about the level of what nin would come up with (again, just a nin thing so /shrug). Plan isn't great, I highly doubt the rooms matter in a meaningful way and especially this early with this many people it will be impossible to gain much knowledge. The bathroom (probably) works as advertised and past that, maybe some roles or the scum kill have to be within the same room but the data of everyone being in the same room except nin would tell us nothing unless nin was exactly the one to die.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Really? This one?
Currently my technique for reading Sparks is trying to see how much he's paying attention to that entire game, rather than individual arguments because his are often hard to interpret. I find that TownSparks pays decent attention to the game (in his own way) while ScumSparks tends to get bewildred by the fact that he hasn't been lunched yet and just tries to keep it that way.

HoH is a decent example of this, TownSparks thought something was off in my first post of the game (it was actually a very niche breadcrumb) and he was the only one to smell something was off. I don't think the ScumSparks I saw in LiS was able to make observations like that.

Not a fan of poetry! Scum!

Obviously we can never be friends, though I would like to hear Nin's theory at this point, for fun if nothing else.
I feel like an Aeleus of any alignment could recall how Sparks played in previous games they played together?

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering if the scum kill might have to be done to someone they're in the same room with, but I feel like that might be too easy to figure out in the end?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I've had time to read the thread I run out of time to post with how much there is to catch up each time. Nothing too noteworthy so far that I've seen.

The usual fluff from the usual posters
I don't think we should worry about room placement for day 1 because all staying in one room could be potentially dangerous. Better to figure that stuff out later.

I was wondering if the scum kill might have to be done to someone they're in the same room with, but I feel like that might be too easy to figure out in the end?

There is almost certainly roles based on whoever shares a room with that person. Might not be the scum kill but they probably exist.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Rooms got destroyed as the game went on last time. At the end if there is only one room then meh. It's possible, it could also be bullshit like last time, rooms could have new effects everyday, it's not worth the thought yet at all. As someone said above, it would be dumb for someone to be able to kill a whole room so at worst, a few extra people could be exposed to a bad power, ok, sounds like mafia to me.

------

Didn't I just give Faddy shit this morning for town reading Aeleus based on that weak logic? Where were you all then?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Aeleus' post is explicitly about Sparks tho. Your post trying to highlight that you like the post? Agree with the post? Is giving commentary on what you think of Sparks one way or the other.

It's also weird how you like his post and actually assign an alignment lean to it as town, but then also say that you wouldn't have posted that and would have held onto the info until, later, who knows when, closer to deadline? I don't see how it benefits town to hold it and wait and I also don't get why you're giving Aeleus a town read for something you yourself wouldn't do if you're town.
I'm not sure what you are arguing. You said I commented on the faddy/sorian thing because I wanted to back up a sparks town read? Which wasn't true at all.

I play more close to the chest, if I have some special insight to a player I would wait til day 2-3 to see how they act. But that's me and how I would handle that specific info. That doesn't mean ael was wrong in how they handled it.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure what you are arguing. You said I commented on the faddy/sorian thing because I wanted to back up a sparks town read? Which wasn't true at all.

I play more close to the chest, if I have some special insight to a player I would wait til day 2-3 to see how they act. But that's me and how I would handle that specific info. That doesn't mean ael was wrong in how they handled it.
But you specifically stated that there was a problem with their post. It was not framed in a "If it were me, I would have done this because this is how I play the game," sense.

My only problem with the read is seems like it would be best to keep it to yourself, to better read sparks.

If this was a your personal style thing, why is this post framed in a way that makes it sound like Aeleus did play this the wrong way. And yet even with this apparent problematic aspect of Aeleus' post, you gave them a townish reading on D1.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
But you specifically stated that there was a problem with their post. It was not framed in a "If it were me, I would have done this because this is how I play the game," sense.

If this was a your personal style thing, why is this post framed in a way that makes it sound like Aeleus did play this the wrong way. And yet even with this apparent problematic aspect of Aeleus' post, you gave them a townish reading on D1.
You are reading that wrong as well. If I said "the problem " with ael's post. You would have a point. But I said "my only problem" which to me implies my personal take on it. Which I just explained how I would've handled it and why I still town read the post.

*truffleshuffle*

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
oh, you're talking about LiS? Either way, the player data indicates they were not scum together in either game so none of this was a reflection on Aeleus's own scum game. Does that change your impression at all, Faddy?

Yeah I thought Aeleus was talking about Sparks reacting to them being scum in HoH.

I thought Aeleus was giving impressions of their own scum play. But that isnt the case. I forgot HoH was that cursed Natiko game with only 2 scum.

So maybe Aeleus has too much to say about Sparks.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Hi all quick post during my lunch break to say that I'm going to endeavor to catch up late tonight when I'm free. Sorry, my Wednesday and Thursday are absolutely swamped.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Mao I'm not sure what your point is with this back and forth. You aren't even arguing your OG point (I just wanted to back toe sparks read) since I pointed out how wrong were in reading it.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It could be! But I don't think so. This feels like a silly early day 1 slap fight and it's the kind of a thing I feel like scum usually doesn't get involved in.

I'm not sure I agree with this as it feels a bit off surrounding that disagreement. I've been in games here where scum intentionally plan small disagreements over nothing so that they can seem like they're opposed, and when one of those people is Sorian I think you should be a little extra cautious over putting it as a town v town interaction right off the bat.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I agree with this as it feels a bit off surrounding that disagreement. I've been in games here where scum intentionally plan small disagreements over nothing so that they can seem like they're opposed, and when one of those people is Sorian I think you should be a little extra cautious over putting it as a town v town interaction right off the bat.

Oh, that's fair actually because me and Zeke did that when we were scum together. I still think they're town as of now, but I'll keep this in mind

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
What about Sawneeks? Anyone have thoughts on her?

I felt like she was one of the first ones to make some of the first "serious" posts during the jokey phase, however, her focusing on Sparks seemed kind of weak because we all know how Sparks is by this point so making reads on him a topic of discussion early just felt a bit easy I guess.

Yes. If there is one thing to take away it is that Sparks and Saw are not together.

If Sparks picks up early votes he is unlikely to talk his way out of it. I don't think Sawneeks tries that with a partner because there is every chance people could come out with a scum read on Sparks. I know he used to be quite low activity but that seems to have changed.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

But this being a sequel and repeating the same idea would be boring I think this time around the map will have some kind of impact.

My suggestion will be that we all stay on the same room, except me being the only one being in a another room.

My though was that if there is the likely hood of another room being dangerous. I would sacrifice myself.

Of course there would also be the possibility of me trying to lure everyone else into a trap and me being a sole survivor.

I don't like this idea at all, tbh. It just feels like nin's plan is to do something to the room that we wouldn't notice until later under the guise of providing us info on mechanics

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. If there is one thing to take away it is that Sparks and Saw are not together.

If Sparks picks up early votes he is unlikely to talk his way out of it. I don't think Sawneeks tries that with a partner because there is every chance people could come out with a scum read on Sparks. I know he used to be quite low activity but that seems to have changed.
This is sound reasoning to me.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Currently my technique for reading Sparks is trying to see how much he's paying attention to that entire game, rather than individual arguments because his are often hard to interpret. I find that TownSparks pays decent attention to the game (in his own way) while ScumSparks tends to get bewildred by the fact that he hasn't been lunched yet and just tries to keep it that way.

HoH is a decent example of this, TownSparks thought something was off in my first post of the game (it was actually a very niche breadcrumb) and he was the only one to smell something was off. I don't think the ScumSparks I saw in LiS was able to make observations like that.

Not a fan of poetry! Scum!

Obviously we can never be friends, though I would like to hear Nin's theory at this point, for fun if nothing else.
Thank you :>
Aeleus has made my no lynch for today list with a nice post about Sparks with good analysis of when they were scum together. Feels townie to me. Although now I need to go look for breadcrumbs in Aeleus' first post...

Also nin if you have a breadcrumb in your poetry you are 100% scum.
Now that I'm caught up this extends to EzekelRAGE as well but I don't see how Aeleus post above is townie. Saying how you meta read people is NAI.
Having just played a (town) hydra with Sorian, it might make me inclined to town read him a bit, actually. I'll wait to see what Faddy says before I comment on him.
Can you explain more plz
Fanto, there's already stuff happening past shitposts. No one should have to prompt you. But if we must, tell me what you think of Ket and Stu so far.
Why not ask for other peoples opinions?

But since you're asking to be asked. Opinion on Faddy, Sorian, Zeke, Monkey?
Also gonna mirror these questions back at both of you if you could answer them.

Not as exciting as I thought it would be. :(

I'm not against a silly plan this early just to have some fun but I doubt you're gonna get others to agree with you here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like this idea at all, tbh. It just feels like nin's plan is to do something to the room that we wouldn't notice until later under the guise of providing us info on mechanics
I mean, it's not a good plan regardless, but it would be incredibly obvious no matter what if something happened to the room and everyone was in it but nin. Even if he didn't do it, he would get blamed.

I'm sure there's some weird nin reasoning for offering to oh-so-saintly sacrifice himself here but either way, we shouldn't stack everyone up in the same place for about a billion reasons.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
7 pages and not a single @. Feels good. Coming in on my own volition has never felt this good.

vote: nin

It's a given that this must be done.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
My point is that you're being inconsistent and injecting a bad read into an argument over Spark's style and Aeleus' post.
Again, it has nothing to do with sparks. Ael could've typed about ANY player and I would've liked the post by ael due to how it was laid out. I also explained my issue with the sorian/faddy thing.

There are no inconsistencies. Only you misreading or not reading my posts at all. At this point we are just creating noise and going in circles. I will not continue this conversation.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Google, show me nin's plan.

What does everyone else think of that plan

You mean to tell me I may not have to vote for Nin?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Also gonna mirror these questions back at both of you if you could answer them.
Gun to head, I'd feel Ket is more likely to be town here, but I'd like to see how she develops over the day. I am uncertain about Stu, who I know has uneven d1 performances, but he feels very reserved and I don't love it so far.

I'm about to speak more on Faddy and Sorian so I'll get to that in a few. And I think someone asked me? Someone else? I don't know, maybe I'm making it up? about you so I'll speak to that here, too: I don't trust myself to read Sneeks yet and I don't trust you, Sneeks, to read me either, since we are almost never right about each other - but hmm, have we been opposite sides more often than not? Maybe that's part of it, too.