• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 67800

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 30, 2020
According to recently leaked footage from Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, a 2021 build of the game apparently supports the PlayStation gamepad, which might be a hint at an upcoming console port for Xbox and PlayStation before the sequel arrives in 2023.

View: https://youtu.be/PjX1HQeKHlE?t=4

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Might also mean just Playstation button prompts. Would be cool though and totally makes sense.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
shadow of chernobyl was the only one i ever really got "into"

was kind of thinking of doing a replay last month but ive been putting it off

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
This game's lab levels are the scariest fucking shit
The entire game is scary, especially at night.

Esl-AjlXcAQEPWD.jpg

I have no idea why this game isn't labeled a horror game.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I need to actually finish this one day. Does the PC version actually have fully proper gamepad support so I can play on Steam Deck? If not, I hope they update it or release a remaster or something.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
the sequel is coming to consoles so may as well try to capitalize with the original game

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Description said its a whole trilogy port, so thats cool. Never played any of them, ill play before the new one

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Genuinely one of the greatest games of all time. Nothing else out there captures the feel and design of STALKER.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
i absolutely adore this game but once it got to the scary stuff I couldnt deal lol

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
It did seem a bit suspicious that there didn't look to be any improvements other than gamepad support. Even the UI looks the same as the original game correct me if I'm wrong (small and not really suitable for TVs). Typically you'd expect more improvements/changes when doing an entire port to consoles, especially when the game is so old. I suspect it's mod from a fan.

Last edited:

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
I'd say it's a mod, as it lacks graphical features I'd imagine would be included with a upgraded port based on a later game or multi-thread renderer needed to keep the game from lagging at say, 4K. SoC can also look legit amazing with some engine tweaks and effect mods this video doesn't offer.

Ex:

Last edited:

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Genuinely one of the greatest games of all time. Nothing else out there captures the feel and design of STALKER.

correct, probably the best open world game I've ever played

another game made a million times better by the mod community as well

OT: the source for X-Ray has been out for a long time now so gamepad support doesn't mean it's anything official