• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you have a gaming PC?

• Yes

Votes: 516 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 215 29.4%

• Total voters

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
We often hear that PC+Playstation is the ultimate combo, PC+Switch is another common combo, and it's a common reaction to both Xbox and Playstation exclusives appearing on PC that the consoles aren't needed. But instead of assuming this is the norm lets see how big this group of gamers actually is on this enthusiast board.

So, simple question, do you have a gaming PC?

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, spec wise its just a lil worse than the new consoles. gonna start playing most stuff on ps5 and play what's not there on my PC.

HOSKINGJ

Jan 5, 2018
Yes. Bought it specifically for titles I couldn't get on consoles, especially older games and mouse-based stuff. It was also my "indies machine " but since I bought it, the ones I want all seem to eventually come to Switch so I just wait now.

(Yes I'm talking to you Disco Elysium...)

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, PS4 + PC + Switch. Use the PC mostly for emulating my older console games though lol.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Answers will skew atypical here because this is a serious enthusiast site.

Yes, I have all the things.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. started as a console gamer. Built a 2080ti rig at the beginning of the year. More PC than anything now but still own all the consoles.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
PC with 2070 Super
PS4 Pro (just traded it in for a PS5)
Switch

Seriously considering getting an Xbox down the line for cheap and easy comfy couch gaming. Probably gonna stick to my current PC hardware for a long while.

Tomo815

Banned
Jul 19, 2019
I wish there was a way for PC and other consoles to turn on/off as quickly as the Switch. So annoying to have to wait.

Frag Waffles

Apr 7, 2018
Yep, and even considering a new build given the disappointing start to "next gen"

And yes, I prefer console gaming.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Technically yes, custom built by myself, but it's like 8 years old. It's just good enough to handle streaming for my other consoles though.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I have a high-spec gaming PC and all of the current consoles. Pro and X variants for PS and Xbox, and both a regular switch and a switch lite.

Ultimately I play everything on PC and just use the consoles for exclusives. And my Xbox for a 4K blu-ray player, I guess. My PC is also hooked up to a TV so like, I get all the benefits with no downsides.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Yes. I am going to upgrade my 2070 super to a 3080ti once it comes out, also day 1 on PS5 and XSX and have a Switch. I like being able to play any game I want.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Yep, always try to keep my PC midrange. I don't need the highest models of parts but I like to be able to enjoy games I can't on PlayStation.

hiro_x

Nov 2, 2017
I have a Ryzen 3 with a 1650 that I built March this year, mainly for a plex server and playing strategy/simulation games since I don't really like playing those games on consoles (I tried on Xbox but the low resolution and lack of anti-aliasing is not something I enjoy). I'm going all in on PS5 this year.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I have a "gaming" laptop with a 1060 and i7. It's not my platform of choice. I have an X1X, PS4 and Switch and maybe use it slightly more than my Switch, but it's mostly free EGS games or Into the Breach that I play on it.

OP
OP

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
PC with 2070 Super
PS4 Pro (just traded it in for a PS5)
Switch

Seriously considering getting an Xbox down the line for cheap and easy comfy couch gaming. Probably gonna stick to my current PC hardware for a long while.
Yeah I use my One X for comfy couch gaming, will preorder Series X in a few hours for the same reason even though I'm waiting for my RTX 3080 to arrive. PS+Xbox+Switch+PC is the ultimate combo :)

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PC + Switch + PS4, mainly PC and Switch, PC for third party and exclusives, Switch for exclusives and indies, haven't used PS4 in a while as I only play exclusives on it and I'm waiting on the inevitable PS5 versions to play TLOU2 and GoT.

Type-Zero

Oct 31, 2017
I have a PS4 and PC w/gtx1060
I like this combo because I buy indie or retro games on PC so i dont have to worry about repurchasing again if Sony decides to drop backwards compatibility. Also I can pick and choose which store has the cheaper cost for a 3rd party game. In addition to playing some games at 60 fps like Monster hunter etc.

Sadly, even though i love these advantages I get cold feet when deciding to upgrade for newer games due to the cost of new parts.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Making one, currently. For the time being, I have a decent gaming laptop.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
PS4/PS5 = Exclusives + certain multiplayer games to play with my non-PC Friends
Switch = Exclusives, Indies/smaller titles and some RPGS
PC = Everything else + other multiplayer games my console friends don't have

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
The vast majority of my gaming happens on PC, but yeah I also have a PS4 Pro/Switch/XB1X.

Not getting a Series X, may get a PS5.

mdf/markus

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I have one right now. Though for the next upgrade I would basically have to invest in a whole new system.
Possible builds right no would surely eat up about 1.500€.

For that money I could get both PS5 and SeriesX and have enough money in the bank for GamePass, PS Plus and a few games.
So I'm really considering not investing into my PC in the near future (next 2-3 years I'd say at least) and see how that turns out for me.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, PS4, Switch, PC.

Will get the PS5 at launch. MS gaming is on PC for me

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Started out on PC and there's no way I'd drop it.

PC + PS4 (sold for a PS5) + Switch for me. I find it easier that way as I don't wind up missing out on playing something that interests me. Admittedly it makes it quite overwhelming keeping up with all the releases I want to play.

Wet Jimmy

Nov 11, 2017
Yes, but my i7-3770K and GTX 1080Ti are starting to show their age. Albeit, really only recently. It's been a good run.

And I still overwhelmingly spend my gaming time on the Xbox.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
PC, NSW, and PS4 Pro for me, and they generally see use in that order (PC for general use/AAA, NSW for Ninty titles and games which work better in a portable format, and the PS4 for exclusives).

I have an XBL gamertag as well, but its exclusively PC games on there - never actually owned Xbox hardware.