• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Title (YOU CAN SELECT TWO CHOICES)

• Yoshitaka Amano (Logo Illustrator of the series)

Votes: 212 20.8%
  • Akihiko Yoshida (FF Tactics, FFXII, Vagrant Story, NieR Automata)

Votes: 615 60.4%
  • Ayumi Namae and/or Yusuke Mogi (FFXIV character designers)

Votes: 140 13.8%
  • Tsubasa Masao (FFXIV, Tactics Ogre, Zone of the Enders 2)

Votes: 113 11.1%
  • You still want Tetsuya Nomura (FF7, FF8, FF10, FF13, FF7 Remake)

Votes: 117 11.5%
  • Hideo Minaba (FFT, FFIX, FFXII, Granblue Fantasy)

Votes: 198 19.4%
  • Roberto Ferrari (FF Type-0, FFVII Remake, FFXV)

Votes: 95 9.3%

• Total voters

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Nomura has to juggle FFVII, a potential new Kingdom Hearts project and maybe even a new The World Ends With You entry. Simply put, he is a very busy man and there is a chance he won't be involved in the first time since FFXII (FFXIV notwithstanding). So, who do you want to see?

EXAMPLES BELOW - YOU CAN HAVE TWO PICKS IN POLL

Yoshitaka Amano
(Logo Illustration of FF series, illustrations)

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

Akihiko Yoshida
(FF Tactics, FFXII, Vagrant Story, NieR Automata)

Ayumi Namae and Yusuke Mogi
(FFXIV character designers)

Yusuke Mogi

FFXIV_32.jpg

art-1.jpg

00814b0866f9e5468499fe79c2580ff4b18b4a48.jpg

tumblr_pot9ni0QR21rqat58o1_400.jpg

Ayumi Namae

036f57c0bf48196fd73fd04b55eb2d62.jpg

a4b85461f7c77d4326c5bab0cbd532393ae5e260_1.jpg

Tsubasa Masao
(FFXIV, Tactics Ogre, Zone of the Enders 2)

Tetsuya Nomura
(FF7, FF8, FF10, FF13, FF7 Remake)

Hideo Minaba
(FFT, FFIX, FFXII, now the lead character designer on Granblue Fantasy)

Roberto Ferrari
(FFXV, FFVII Remake, Type-0)

Who do you vote for?

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Yoshitaka Amano or Akihiko Yoshida for sure. High budget high fantasy in their style would be fantastic.

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
Why are Tsubasa Masao, Akihiko Yoshida are separate from the FFXIV art team?

And where is Kazuya Takahashi?

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
First of all, I am glad that Nomura doesn't have his fingers in all FF's character designs, secondly why did you omit Roberto Ferrari, who actually did most character work in FFXV and FFVIIR and who is imo very talented apart from a few mess ups like Cindy...

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh he definitely can and has done it before

However, Yoshida is my dude, give him full rein.

Sadnarav

Nov 6, 2019
Akihiko Yoshida is my favourite Final Fantasy artist by far even thou I love Nomura

Amano can make the logo, as long as he doesn't try to draw humans

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Nomura can still do it, lol. He can reach across many projects, or have Roberto do it for him.

I would love Amano though.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much anybody who will make a more diverse and colorful looking cast than just four dudes in black.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nomura can still do it, lol. He can reach across many projects, or have Robert do it for him.

I would love Amano though.

Roberto does not get enough credit for the fantastic character designs of FFVIIR. Yeah, the original cartoony characters were designed by Nomura, but the beautiful, realistic and much more detailed new versions were designed by Roberto.

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
They're not working on FFXIV anymore outside of promotional illustrations. I checked the credits. Kazuya Takahashi seems to be the same thing since A Realm Reborn.

I recall Takahashi working for Heavenward.

I really hope to see all of them working on FFXVI. If Yoshi-p studio is handling the game then maybe Tsubasa Masao and Kazuya Takahashi are handling the designs especially since they haven't been working for FFXIV see nice Heavensward.

DeSolos

Nov 14, 2017
I'd love to see some of the more avant-garde elements of Yoshitaka Amano, as interpreted by any of the modern designers at Square. Nomura is a classic, and tag-teaming with Ferrari is always great. Yoshida is incredible and is really bringing something special.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
First of all, I am glad that Nomura doesn't have his fingers in all FF's character designs, secondly why did you omit Roberto Ferrari, who actually did most character work in FFXV and FFVIIR and who is imo very talented apart from a few mess ups like Cindy...
I can add Roberto Ferrari

Not Amano

Missing Ferrari and Kamikokuryo options
I added Ferrari. I love Kamikokuryo but he is not a character designer by trade as far as I know

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Minaba and Akihiko are gods to me and I'd love to see that come to fruition in a new title.

I'd love a break from "Advent Children" art direction for even one entry.

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
I posted this in another now locked thread...this is my dream team hahah

Yoshi-p as producer/director
Ito (system), Jun Akiyama (event), Minagawa (art) as co-directors
Matsuno as one of the writers
Yoshida as character design

LET'S GO!

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
Amano. I like the faithful, yet modern 3D interpretations of his classic characters in Dissidia, so, yeah, more of those please.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
nah, you have to accept the good with the bad, just like Nomura, it's a cop out otherwise, you can just say Tetsuya Nommura, just keep his belts and plaid out of the design etc.
I mean we just got that with FFVIIr so....even the obnoxious over the top anime motorcycle dude was tame compared to modern Kingdom hearts. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't like Ferraro's original designs in the OP, or his style.

Out of the ones in the OP, I think I'd go with Minaba or Masao. Amano would be cool, but I don't see that happening.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
I know Yoshida can do incredible amazing art absolutely but when I think of his main character designs I kinda gag seeing sameface pale noseless white haired kid on loop.
I am bias because I like Amano sameface and even Toriyama sameface but the featureless pale blobs of bravely default/tactics kill my interest very fast.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Yoshida all the way. His art is better than Nomura's anyway

An Amano game would be gorgeous too tho

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Who does FFXI now? I remember Nomura did the original characters but someone else always did the majority of it afterwards.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
FFXII or FFXIV aesthetic please. so Akihiko Yoshida or Tsubasa Masao I suppose

They're all horny though :P

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any 3D character models based on Amano art that actually capture the look and feel of Amano art? Sincere question. Trying to imagine what that might look like.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
I like yoshida but he has a serious case of everyone being blond/ash haired plus same face. The Granblue designer would be fantastic tho I cant see it happening.

I also wouldn't mind Ferrari/Nomura combo again