• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Aside the obvious xenophobia, his tweet makes no logical sense. He's destroying America because...he spoke in his own language (and had a Korean sounding name)? Get a brain, guy.

(I haven't seen the movie yet so I can imagine the focus of the movie is part of it. Sounds like I gotta watch Parasite)

ITS DESTROYING US!!!!

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I know I shouldn't be surprised but I'm still amazed at the amount of replies (and also an undercurrent of the defense) that we as non-racists are so pressed by these takes. Like no bitch, we're just calling you out for the piece of trash you are and going about our day, you're not taking up more mindspace for me than the dogshit I accidentally stepped in yesterday.

I get why they do it, to have this thin veil of "I'm not actually a completely shitty person, I'm just saying these things to wind you up and then go 'u mad bro'", but again, it's still amazing that they actually believe it to have the effect they think.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to trump's tweet congratulating South Carolina for the best movie Oscar.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
The thing destroying the world is the fear of people that are different and the inability for most of us to ever admit that, even to ourselves.

It's all so funny because there are certain ideals of America that are absolutely wonderful. It's too bad we've never reached them.

Just be happy that while none of us in this thread are close to perfect, we have the self reflection to realize it.

Lastly, movies are not something us Americans own. It's not surprising that many would tie some of their self worth to an American winning an Oscar, even considering these people would decry Hollywood elites in the next breath.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
This doesn't even come off as some widespread hate thing, it's one dipshit on Twitter with a bad take and another more notable dipshit attempting to stand up for the first dipshit.

I'm sure there's plenty of angry racists about this, but it's not exactly the dominating conversation on social media right now.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Given that this thread is about a random weirdo's tweet and ultimately not conducive to much discussion beyond distaste and eye-rolling, we're closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.