• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Both of the people involved have mental disabilities, severe ones that require a lot of care. I help them out with stuff sometimes.

They got into a romantic relationship that is consensual. However, the man is having trouble processing what we are trying to teach him about 'no' meaning 'no,' and the woman already has a habit of saying 'no' about the smallest things whether she actually doesn't want them or not. We have been trying to impress upon him that even if she doesn't actually mean it he should still stop, but he doesn't 'get' it and since he already knows she says 'no' to things she sometimes isn't actually saying no to, he applies that to other situations. It's tough.

They are clearly in love but I'm having a hard time getting him to understand. He has severe autism. I'm taking any suggestions in here with a mountain of salt, just feeling like bouncing ideas off the wall. They're also both early 20s.

Status
Not open for further replies.