• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Talk is they are still looking for a location where they can sell tickets and allow some level of fans.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I like McGregor, but he is just fighting for money now I feel. I think he is past his prime. Which is fine with me. Get your money while you can in a sport like this, but he isn't the monster he used to be. He is the Mayweather of the UFC now in my opinion. Nothing but a cash cow to pull in gullible fans who are willing to pay.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be an amazing fight. It will be closer than the first fight but I still give Conor the edge.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I like McGregor, but he is just fighting for money now. Which I 100% respect. Get your money while you can in a sport like this, but he isn't the monster he used to be. He is the Mayweather of the UFC now. Nothing but a cash cow to pull in gullible fans who are willing to pay.

I would argue he doesn't need the money since the dude is living off the $100 million he made with Mayweather. He's just doing this because he likes fighting. Better in the cage than assaulting random people I suppose.

Sep 7, 2020
I like McGregor, but he is just fighting for money now I feel. I think he is past his prime. Which is fine with me. Get your money while you can in a sport like this, but he isn't the monster he used to be. He is the Mayweather of the UFC now in my opinion. Nothing but a cash cow to pull in gullible fans who are willing to pay.

Mcg is not past his prime and he is not fighting for the money at this point lol

Regardless, I dont think mcg can win this fight at 170

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
If McG being a total coked up shit bag outside the ring hasn't hurt his precision and power he is far from past his prime. He probably still beats anybody in the 155 division not named Khabib tbh.

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
I'm a Poirier fan and would love to see him with the belt but this fight better freaking not be for the championship!

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a Poirier fan and would love to see him with the belt but this fight better freaking not be for the championship!

Dana has already said it won't be because he still thinks Khabib will fight again (worth noting Khabib has not removed himself from the USADA testing pool)

Last edited:

rycisko

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
He is the Mayweather of the UFC now in my opinion. Nothing but a cash cow to pull in gullible fans who are willing to pay.

I hate Mayweather but hard to compare Connor to him with the L's on his resume. I'm still a fan, but we are seeing the last few fights he's got in him I think. Doubt he'll even whiff a title shot again.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Conor always would say he was a "prize" fighter having the fights with the biggest money/buy potential was always his focus.

Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
Conor fans?!!? The man has some serious ethical issues. I hope Dustin wins just because of this. All of you who are saying "get that money", what happened to his $100million from the Mayweather fight?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I hate Mayweather but hard to compare Connor to him with the L's on his resume. I'm still a fan, but we are seeing the last few fights he's got in him I think. Doubt he'll even whiff a title shot again.

even if it's not a direct 1:1 the comparison is probably apt. Much like mayweather Conor is clearly the biggest draw in the entire sport. 6 of the 7 biggest PPVs in UFC history are MacGregor main events. And again much like Mayweather a big part of that is how divisive of a personality is. Most fight fans aren't indifferent to either of them. You either love or hate them, and that's a big part of the appeal.

I will say the one remarkable thing about Mayweather is how time after time he was able to get people to pay $60-70 to watch what they thought was a "boring" fighter and fight style, all in the hopes that this would be the time he finally gets his mouth shut.

TuneTuneGuy

Mar 11, 2020
The question is if this will end up being for the title? Dana just lost his money maker in the middle east. He might try and get the PPV numbers back up with a Conor lightweight champ reign.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I will say the one remarkable thing about Mayweather is how time after time he was able to get people to pay $60-70 to watch what they thought was a "boring" fighter and fight style, all in the hopes that this would be the time he finally gets his mouth shut.
Shoulder rolling and grinning all the way to the bank lmao.

Incredible fighter.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The question is if this will end up being for the title? Dana just lost his money maker in the middle east. He might try and get the PPV numbers back up with a Conor lightweight champ reign.

dana has already shot that down pretty vehemently. He thinks Khabib is fighting again, or at the very least doesn't want to strip him just yet to leave that opportunity open.