• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
www.cbssports.com

Conor McGregor detained for alleged attempted sexual assault, indecent exposure in Corsica

The mixed martial arts superstar was arrested in Corsica after a complaint filed on Sept. 10

Just one day after Conor McGregor tweeted about being drug tested by USADA while on vacation, the mixed martial arts superstar was detained for alleged attempted sexual assault. The incident took place on Sept. 10, according to a statement sent by a court officer from Corsica to the Agence France-Presse, though one of his representatives claims McGregor was interviewed and released.

"Following a complaint filed on September 10 denouncing acts that could be described as attempted sexual assault and sexual exhibition, Mr. Conor Anthony Mac Gregor [sic] was the subject of a hearing by the gendarmerie services," the prosecutor's office wrote.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
I don't know what's worse, how much of a cunt he is or how many people still love him after every stupid thing he's done.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we launch this idiot into the sun already?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember how he chimed in on the Cuties film saying it'd turn eleven year old girls into "THOTS".

🤷 I mean's regardless of your opinion on the film surely that's kind of speaking out loud what your real concern is...

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Hope some people realize that dude's trash but alas, we've been through this before. He's horrible.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People found excuse after excuse for this piece of shit (Same with Jon Jones) Because they were "One of a kind fighters".

Now that one was tested time and time again for illegal substances and the other was absolutely demolished two times, I hope MMA fans can forget they ever existed.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
He has that " lol fuck you" money now so I would imagine he gives less of a fuck than he ever has in his life

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude is gonna burn that Mayweather money so fast, wifey better bail with that money before it's gone.

BumbaT BrowN

Oct 27, 2017
Could be described as attempted sexual assault. What does this even mean? Could be described? Weird way to word it

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
As someone that's followed Conor since the Cage Warriors days, I always run it over in my mind exactly when this guy lost his fucking mind.

He's been completely gone at least 4 years. It's weird to think that cage jump at Bellator was in 2017 and so much dumb shit and heinous shit (or accusations at least) have happened since then. Just complete trash.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Hes mirroring MIke Tyson's trajectory except Tyson at least had a mentor to keep him sane early on. Difference is Connor was only brilliant for a second and hes just a washed up POS now while Tyson robbed himself out of most of his prime years.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Hes mirroring MIke Tyson's trajectory except Tyson at least had a mentor to keep him sane early on. Difference is Connor was only brilliant for a second and hes just a washed up POS while Tyson robbed himself out of most of his prime years.

This is weird comparison to try and make. Conor is already older than Tyson was when he got out of prison and while he's a piece of shit, he's probably far from washed up, he's just too much of an idiot/shitbag.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Just send Khabib after the motherfucker

HappyReadyIndianjackal-max-1mb.gif

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Hes mirroring MIke Tyson's trajectory except Tyson at least had a mentor to keep him sane early on. Difference is Connor was only brilliant for a second and hes just a washed up POS now while Tyson robbed himself out of most of his prime years.
Despite his current trashfire arc, I expect Conor to be in better physical and financial shape in the years to come. Tyson was estimated to be worth $400m at his peak only to file for bankruptcy in 2003 after being a reported 23m in debt.

The thing is, Conor will be able to get a cheque from UFC or another boxing venture for many years to come. People still stan him and people will pay to see his mouth get shut.

Just send Khabib after the motherfucker
Inshallah he gets his hands on Conor again.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Despite his current trashfire arc, I expect Conor to be in better physical and financial shape in the years to come. Tyson was estimated to be worth $400m at his peak only to file for bankruptcy in 2003 after being a reported 23m in debt.

The thing is, Conor will be able to get a cheque from UFC or another boxing venture for many years to come. People still stan him and people will pay to see his mouth get shut.

dont underestimate the sales potential of Proper 12.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
This is weird comparison to try and make. Conor is already older than Tyson was when he got out of prison and while he's a piece of shit, he's probably far from washed up, he's just too much of an idiot/shitbag.

Yea, thats why I said he was legit for a second. He wasnt a born phenom and got his stride not that long ago until Nurmagomedov came in to the picture. Hes lucky he got that showmatch with Mayweather before he lost his belt. He might not be completely washed up but his champion days are over.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, thats why I said he was legit for a second. He wasnt a born phenom and got his stride not that long ago until Nurmagomedov came in to the picture. Hes lucky he got that showmatch with Mayweather before he lost his belt. He might not be completely washed up but his champion days are over.

I mean, his peak as a top of the sport type fighter was probably as long as Tyson's tbh. He became a champion after prison more so because the division was full of bums for him to fight (it's telling he got demolished by Holyfield, the first legit fighter he faced post-prison) whereas Conor doesn't really get the luxury if there being 3-4 belts for him to chase in his weight class.

Tyson is obviously more culturally relevant, and will be remembered for far longer, but it's weird to imply Conor's peak as a fighter was sort of a "flash in a pan" and use Tyson as the comparison point. Tyson's actual peak as a fighter was shorter than I think people tend to remember.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
As long as he's being tested and in the pool, he's not officially retired. Remember that.
Back on topic, like others have said, it's seems like after he got some money, he lost all self control.

Yeah, Brock Lesnar is retired in that he's not in the USADA testing pool. Although iirc only UFC uses USADA. I'm pretty sure Bellator doesn't. Obviously same for the international promotions.