• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
A Connecticut woman says Joe Biden touched her inappropriately and rubbed noses with her during a 2009 political fundraiser in Greenwich when he was vice president, drawing further scrutiny to the Democrat and his history of unwanted contact with women as he ponders a presidential run

"It wasn't sexual, but he did grab me by the head," Amy Lappos told The Courant Monday. "He put his hand around my neck and pulled me in to rub noses with me. When he was pulling me in, I thought he was going to kiss me on the mouth."

Lappos posted about the alleged incident on the Facebook page of Connecticut Women in Politics Sunday in response to a similar account by former Nevada legislator Lucy Flores, which comes as Biden is considering a 2020 run for president. Flores accused Biden of kissing her on the back of her head in 2014, when she was a candidate for lieutenant governor.

Lappos, 43, who is now a freelance worker with nonprofit agencies, said she felt extremely uncomfortable when Biden approached her at the 2009 fundraiser for U.S. Rep. Jim Himes, D-4th, where she was volunteering. At the time, Lappos was a congressional aide to Himes, who she said was not in the room when the incident took place.

"I never filed a complaint, to be honest, because he was the vice president. I was a nobody," Lappos said. "There's absolutely a line of decency. There's a line of respect. Crossing that line is not grandfatherly. It's not cultural. It's not affection. It's sexism or misogyny."

https://www.courant.com/politics/hc...0190401-vl7chim3hrdjtcwu2tszrhozzm-story.html

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden is a super creep, and his policies are trash anyway. The sooner he drops out the better.

Oct 25, 2017
Things aren't looking good for the democratic old gaurd. Definitely for the better though. We don't need creepers, and I hope we don't get creeper defenders.

Oct 25, 2017
Biden was always a creep and I don't think it was a secret. Pre-Me Too people just laughed it off as 'crazy uncle joe. So inappropriate lol'

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Title: Joe touched me inappropriately

Content: it wasn't sexual but he made me touch noses

Like come on the guy is weird but that's a disingenuous title.

Edit: it seems I wasn't clear. What he did was inappropriate. But the phrasing of the title implies that it was sexual in nature, which is what I took issue with.

Last edited:

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Biden was always a creep and I don't think it was a secret. Pre-Me Too people just laughed it off as 'crazy uncle joe. So inappropriate lol'

Yes, the climate has certainly changed since then... Thankfully.

But it's not as if people aren't aware of this. Like with Trump, I don't think people ultimately give a shit. Guess we'll see what happens if/when he decides to run.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

...I mean sure. The title sounds more sexual, maybe shame on us for assuming the worst about this. But I'd be super weirded out if someone grabbed my head and made a beeline for my face (she thought he was going for a kiss, and I mean, Im sure most people would). Rubbing noses? Like...why? Why is that the way you want to interact with someone?

Unless you're BFFs or dating, I would not want to be that close to a stranger's face.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing concerns surrounding unwanted intimate contact
So tiring to see people trying to slap a label on him as a sexual assaulter. He makes people nervous and his behavior is strange. He's just weird and doesn't know boundaries. He's not out there taking advantage of women because he can or for his own sexual gratification or empowerment.

He seems to think that what he does is kind, friendly and comforting, its not and I don't know why he feels him acting this way is what normal people do.

Oct 29, 2017
"Touched her inappropriately" has a much worse connotation than touching noses.

Uhh, pulling a colleague in and touching noses with them is pretty inappropriate. I dunno what workplace would think that's ok.

"Inappropriate" is just that, an interaction that is not appropriate given the context of the situation. It is not exclusive to kissing, groping, etc.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Excusing sexual assault and misconduct
Fuck these purity test.

We need to stop being so reactionary. The right will yell at the top of their lungs over the most trivial of shits (Dijon Mustard) while not really giving a fuck. Didn't we learn anything from Al Franken's fiasco?

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
We all knew this would happen. But since when is sexual harassment seen as an obstacle to the presidency?

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

creepy-biden-gif-4.gif

EveryPessimisticIaerismetalmark-size_restricted.gif

6My50Dv.jpg

uy6633n5ihl11.gif

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Fuck these purity test.

We need to stop being so reactionary. The right will yell at the top of their lungs over the most trivial of shits (Dijon Mustard) while not really giving a fuck. Didn't we learn anything from Al Franken's fiasco?

There are so many other, better, Dem candidates this year. Biden has pretty trash policies, and sexual harassment isn't something to just brush off over "purity tests" This really the hill to die on?

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck these purity test.

Yes we learned that sexual harassers should gtfo.

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck these purity test.

Biden's not the person we need to get women out to vote in record numbers in 2020.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck these purity test.

There are plenty more reasons than this to not want Biden to run, but this certainly does him no favors regardless if people think it's a big deal or not.

Part of me would like to see the GOP twist itself in knots attacking him for it while excusing Trump's bullshit, but chances are they would just remain mum about the whole thing and let the Dems do the work for them.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever

If a stranger walked up to you, grabbed you by the head, and pulled you in close enough that your faces were touching, you'd probably consider that inappropriate.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
There are at least half a dozen better candidates than Biden running. We can do a lot better. I don't understand why people are upset that he is finally getting some pushback for his gross behavior.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uhh, pulling a colleague in and touching noses with them is pretty inappropriate. I dunno what workplace would think that's ok.

"Inappropriate" is just that, an interaction that is not appropriate given the context of the situation. It is not exclusive to kissing, groping, etc.
What some are reacting to is that "Inappropriate touching" is often used as a synonym for molestation. The connotation is likely unintentional, and in fairness to the headline writers I don't think there's an easy way to word this in a headline without some sort of unintentional implication.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People in here really defending this kind of thing in a professional setting.

Also the fact that biden might think this kind of behavior is acceptable shows how fucking old he is to begin with. He likely thinks like a lot of old geezers that doing this kind of stuff is ok because at least they arent grabbing asses and beasts like they used to

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's more than time to let go of that creep. Even if some of you decide to be utilitarian or whatever, I'm pretty sure things are only gonna get worse, so now is a better time than in a few months anyway.

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017
Please point out where I said that it's appropriate to touch someone without consent.

Please read where I say that the title implies something worse than touching noses.
You're probably going to have to reflect on why your post saying the thread title is disingenuous for calling his actions inappropriate has people wondering why you think they are appropriate.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From around the same time

Apologies its some rabid Trump supporters account, but it gives you an idea of the ammunition the right has against Biden.

America, please keep creepy Uncle Joe away from 2020. None of this is a laughing matter either. The guys a fucking creep.

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please point out where I said that it's appropriate to touch someone without consent.

Please read where I say that the title implies something worse than touching noses.

A powerful man that a woman doesn't know personally, grabbing her head as if he's going in for a kiss and stopping just short of that to rub his nose on hers is fucking inappropriate. You're attacking the notion as if it's totally appropriate, but then trying to claim that you're not saying that at all.

This is why you're getting a reality check, my dude. Stop digging the hole over your syntax misunderstanding. It's a bad look.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Power through it Joe. Power through it.

USA needs another creepy president. We're counting on you.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude is strange.

Democratic party need to take this seriously.

Has Obama commented?