• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I will never understand players that take a long run to take a penalty. After years of watching futbol I noticed that those who take long runs are more likely to miss the penalty

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Perú probably won't qualify for the World Cup, but they somehow always get to semis of copa America lol

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
wp-1467028603580.gif

I just came here for this. Hopefully this will be another sight.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Man if it wasn't for the pandemic I'd already be planning to get wasted af tonight with my friends and shit. Fucking hell!

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We got a #1 victory royale
Yeah Perú, we 'bout to ganar, ¡Ganar!
3 goals in the board right now
Just wiped out Paraguay

Edit: ¡Vamos Chile!

Last edited:

survivor

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's one way for Brazil to probably get out of the tournament. Why the fuck would he jump like this??

survivor

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil counters in the second half were kinda weird. They went for both wasting time holding up the ball, and trying to score at the same time. But I'm impressed they managed to not concede anything.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
what a game by Neymar, basically playing 1 on 4 the whole second half and was able to slow down the game by drawing fouls.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Congrats to Peru, hoping you can consolidate on the great teams you have had during the past few years .

And I'm very glad Chile got eliminated.

Hoping for Colombia and Ecuador wins

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finals will be another Brazil x Argentina match i see. Although I would love to see Brazil x Uruguay.

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
Lol Chile had like the worse dribbling skills I had ever seen so far… was like watching amateurs playing out there lol

I don't understand why my wife is mad at me as I was rooting for Chile. I'm not a neymar fan. Shame my USA didn't get invited 😑

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Chile had like the worse dribbling skills I had ever seen so far… was like watching amateurs playing out there lol

I don't understand why my wife is mad at me as I was rooting for Chile. I'm not a neymar fan. Shame my USA didn't get invited 😑

Ya they realized they can't dribble so they tried to break the defense by creating the one pass to the attacker making a run but each time those passes failed as well and it was an easy clear or counter. Vargas looked like he could do something but they seemed to have a hard time giving him the ball in the second half.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia won? 🤢🤢🤢

A shame about Ecuador, the only ones to put a decent match against Brasil...

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Peru looking better in the second half. I couldn't watch much of the first half due to a meeting, but man, Brazil was pushing us hard man...

Oct 25, 2017
Is funny how Brazil has an easy time in Copa America and qualifiers and then come the world cup, they lose to some european team in the quarter finals

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
game was wide open in the 2nd half, Brazil got lucky a couple of Ederson mistakes didn't lead to a goal.

tecl0n

Oct 25, 2017
There is something off about this brazil side.
While not filled with superstars, it is stupidly ahead of the others in the region. But they have been fucking around these last few matches. But it doesn't feel like they are just underperforming.

Maybe it's a defence mechanism post-2007, in case we beat Colombia tomorrow.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Is funny how Brazil has an easy time in Copa America and qualifiers and then come the world cup, they lose to some European team in the quarter finals
Unfortunately we play the South American qualifiers that are basically 8 teams that play defensive against us and Argentina (I can remember a few times Argentina tried to play offensive against us and we destroyed them, so they usually play balanced or even defensive), then we get to have friendlies against a bunch of shity teams from all over the world (minus Europe) and guess what, they all play defensive as well.

Meanwhile in Europe they have the Euro qualifiers and the WC qualifiers (both of which are filled with bad teams but even in those scenarios you are very likely to play against an average level team that needs to win so they will at some point play offensive). On top of that there is now the Nations League, which basically erased our chances of getting a friendly with (any) European team because they are busy playing the Nations League while we are probably travelling to Qatar to play a friendly against New Zealand or Canada.

So while Brazil plays 4 years against, 95% of the time against average or bad teams playing defensive, the best European teams are often playing against themselves (Nations League) and even when they play against bad teams it is possible that they will face different strategies every now and then. In the SA qualifiers if we are winning 1x0 the opposing team might pressure us in the end but they are still afraid of conceding the second goal because of the goal difference, they dont mind that much losing 1x0. In an Euro qualifier if you are an average team (say Switzerland, Poland, Sweden, etc), you are playing against the favorites (France, Spain, etc) and only one team qualifies in the group then you better go all in and try to score because in reality this is the only match that matters, there is no way the favorites are gonna lose points against Lithuania or San Marino...

I'd even add that because our players are in Europe and the qualifiers are in SA we probably lose 1 day of training due to travel and even so the players are not instantly jetlag-free so training quality is probably less than ideal.

Sounds like a lot of excuses to use next year LOL but I have a good feeling about the next WC

edit. I am aware the Nations Cup is a recent creation, my post is more about how it will be difficult for Brazil to get well prepared for future World Cups than an excuse/explanation of why we didn't do well in 2018/2010/2006. 2014 was the 7x1 match but that was in the semis so it was a decent showing with 2 terrible matches (3x0 in the 3rd place match)

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
Unfortunately we play the South American qualifiers that are basically 8 teams that play defensive against us and Argentina (I can remember a few times Argentina tried to play offensive against us and we destroyed them, so they usually play balanced or even defensive), then we get to have friendlies against a bunch of shity teams from all over the world (minus Europe) and guess what, they all play defensive as well.

Meanwhile in Europe they have the Euro qualifiers and the WC qualifiers (both of which are filled with bad teams but even in those scenarios you are very likely to play against an average level team that needs to win so they will at some point play offensive). On top of that there is now the Nations League, which basically erased our chances of getting a friendly with (any) European team because they are busy playing the Nations League while we are probably travelling to Qatar to play a friendly against New Zealand or Canada.

So while Brazil plays 4 years against, 95% of the time against average or bad teams playing defensive, the best European teams are often playing against themselves (Nations League) and even when they play against bad teams it is possible that they will face different strategies every now and then. In the SA qualifiers if we are winning 1x0 the opposing team might pressure us in the end but they are still afraid of conceding the second goal because of the goal difference, they dont mind that much losing 1x0. In an Euro qualifier if you are an average team (say Switzerland, Poland, Sweden, etc), you are playing against the favorites (France, Spain, etc) and only one team qualifies in the group then you better go all in and try to score because in reality this is the only match that matters, there is no way the favorites are gonna lose points against Lithuania or San Marino...

I'd even add that because our players are in Europe and the qualifiers are in SA we probably lose 1 day of training due to travel and even so the players are not instantly jetlag-free so training quality is probably less than ideal.

Sounds like a lot of excuses to use next year LOL but I have a good feeling about the next WC

edit. I am aware the Nations Cup is a recent creation, my post is more about how it will be difficult for Brazil to get well prepared for future World Cups than an excuse/explanation of why we didn't do well in 2018/2010/2006. 2014 was the 7x1 match but that was in the semis so it was a decent showing with 2 terrible matches (3x0 in the 3rd place match)

I'm in favor of doing a Euro cup style for north and South America. It will help our countries a lot in improving against the euros.

tecl0n

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Fucking Christ.
Cardona needs to make those passes next week, not today.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The only time brazil lost to a mediocre team in this century was 2018
and even then I think we would have won with casemiro

Anyway I think brazil shouldn't have problems beating weaker european teams next year, it is Italy and France that scares me