• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Good quote from the Chapo subreddit.

"If this is really the end of Russiagate, this is the best news of the past two years.

This is a victory for efforts to mount a real Resistance to Trump.

Russiagate channeled liberal energy into a conspiracy theory that conveniently avoided any challenges to the massive inequality, systemic racism, or regulatory corruption that led to Trump.

With #MuellerTime reaching its verdict, Russiagate can't divert that energy anymore."
Yep. He was never getting impeached. That was always a pipe dream, because the Senste wouldn't have convicted him anyway.

That doesn't change the fact that he committed several campaign finance violations, hired literally the worst people possible, and was exploited by foreign intelligence entities and governments (even if there was no active, affirmative collision).

In other words: this just underscores why he's corrupt, petty, and unfit for office.

Only now people need to continue to be energized for 2020 rather than expect someone else (Mueller) to carry the load for them.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
*Unable to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to "knowingly" being a Russian asset specifically during his Presidential campaign and unable to prove clear intent behind potential obstruction of justice

It's a pretty big asterisk given what we publicly know, but while that conclusion may give others comfort, it doesn't for me, unfortunately.

That's all very true, hence why we need to see the full report to know why Mueller came to the conclusion he did.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

That's the best take yet on the problems with Barr's letter.

People need to chill, step back and see things for what they are.

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My current glass half full take is that it's better this happened as far from the 2020 election as possible.

Yep. The likelihood that Mueller was ever going to find a smoking gun to prove a Russia conspiracy, which would be necessary to break the partisan freeze on this topic, was always very small.

Dems did not win in 2018 by running on Russia. They will not win in 2020 running on Russia. It's better that this is resolved well in advance and not mucking things up.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
We don't need anything to inform he is an incompetent President - all we need to do is put up an electable candidate in 20 and get him booted out of office... hope that happens.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Trump should be impeached for various things. But what can you do when the Senate is actively covering for him?
Yeah. One thing people should realize on impeaching and then actually removing a sitting President: it's never happening as long as the US functions with a 2 party system, you're simply never gonna get a party to stab their President in the back.

Deleted member 9838

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea how anyone who has been following this thing at all, buys Trump is innocent.
It's not so much that trump is innocent but that this investigation had not provided substantial proof of a large collusion operation between trump camp and the Kremlin. Do think crimes were committed in some form and that we don't entirely know the full story? Yes. Does this investigation provide any new and substantial evidence of the former accusations? Seems to be the case it doesn't.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Surprise!

Again, thanks america for making the world a shittiest, more racist place with your examples!!

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pelosi knew what was coming. Which is why she tried to walk back the impeachment talk.

No, she fucked up by putting it all in the Mueller basket. There's so much to get him on and instead she let the media decide this story. Pelosi taking another fucking L.
When will we stop praising her already? She's constantly damaging to the Dems. Schumer too but at least that's acknowledged.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the full report comes out over the next couple days. I recall reading earlier in here Muller is staying on for the next week to release everything and just hide whatever details are tied to other ongoing investigations. Seems like the bulk of it will be in Congress by the end of the week. Any pushback from the right for having the whole investigation shared?
Yes... The full report needs to come out ASAP, while minds are still fresh on the matter. Barr's summary has already done a ton of damage, which increases by the day as more people read the headlines of no collusion, no obstruction, exoneration, etc. While each day we go without the actual report, the less people will care about its eventual release.

Typical GOP strategy to get ahead of the facts and take advantage of short attention spans.

Deleted member 19813

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
No, she fucked up by putting it all in the Mueller basket. There's so much to get him on and instead she let the media decide this story. Pelosi taking another fucking L.
When will we stop praising her already? She's constantly damaging to the Dems. Schumer too but at least that's acknowledged.
Pelosi doesn't want to start an impeachment process that she knows will end in failure, she never did. Impeachment was never happening.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I think most people wanted at least Jr or Kushner indicted. Especially that cunt Jr. Hopefully NY can get him.

Ahhthe90s

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
"She let the media"

As if CNN/NBC and co. weren't gushing to discuss Russia/Trump for the ratings. These networks (and their people) don't give a flying fuck about any of this, all they care about is money, ratings and fame. Ohh and a book deal or an exclusive here and there doesn't hurt either.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Pelosi knew what was coming. Which is why she tried to walk back the impeachment talk.

Nah, I still maintain that is the wrong move. By doing that she chained all impeachment talk to Mueller's specific and narrow focus. There's so much other shit Trump has done that is impeachable and worthy of constant 24/7 attacks, investigations, and daily subpoenas.

But the way she phrased it - Mueller was it. This was all it. That is the epitome of gaslighting.

Ortix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tell me, how has she put all the baskets in the Mueller and what could she have done instead? I'm fucking curious.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017

I... don't think Pelosi did this at all

Has she even really mentioned or focused on the Mueller report in 2019, as opposed to the own investigation the House is doing (which directly relates more to tax returns/campaign finance issues/etc as opposed to collusion?)

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017

(thread)

edit: and in case it wasn't clear, Mueller obviously DID conclude that Russia was behind the email hacks

Last edited:

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
I know a lot of people got emotionally attached to the Mueller report and that was the largest / most popular ongoing story but wasn't the most damning thing for Trump the campaign finance violations (payoffs) that were revealed from the Cohen testimony? The next big story will be federal lawyers in New York coming after him for that. As well as the lawsuit (I believe) in regard to the Trump Foundation.

Media / Dems should shift to that instead of focusing on Russia shouldn't they? If they stick with Russia it just lets Trump yell fake news and no collusion right up to the next election.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You know how Trump won right? People keep attacking him and bringing up the dumb shit he does and says.

You go after him for policy, platform or actual politics and you destroy him.

Deleted member 9838

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes... The full report needs to come out ASAP, while minds are still fresh on the matter. Barr's summary has already done a ton of damage, which increases by the day as more people read the headlines of no collusion, no obstruction, exoneration, etc. While each day we go without the actual report, the less people will care about its eventual release.

Typical GOP strategy to get ahead of the facts and take advantage of short attention spans.
You think Barr's assessment is a complete 180 of what the report actually says?

Deleted member 19813

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I vote Blue, but this forum
I know a lot of people got emotionally attached to the Mueller report and that was the largest / most popular ongoing story but wasn't the most damning thing for Trump the campaign finance violations (payoffs) that were revealed from the Cohen testimony? The next big story will be federal lawyers in New York coming after him for that. As well as the lawsuit (I believe) in regard to the Trump Foundation.

Media / Dems should shift to that instead of focusing on Russia shouldn't they? If they stick with Russia it just lets Trump yell fake news and no collusion right up to the next election.

They should shift to real issues. I don't think anybody but Biden can beat Trump, though I don't think he'll be able to. Just run on the progressive issues.

Sokrates

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Trolling across a series of posts
For everyone panicking about 2020, there's still hope.

A good strategy for winning in 2020

1. TALK ABOUT THE ISSUES ("It's the economy, stupid").

2. Select a progressive candidate and promote issues like universal healthcare and the Green New Deal.

3. Don't depend on the media to boost your message, they only work for themselves and their ratings (remember the empty Trump podium?).

4. Embrace Obama with regards to the rhetoric of "hope."

5. Don't make it just about being anti-Trump. Have a vision for an ideal progressive society.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You know how Trump won right? People keep attacking him and bringing up the dumb shit he does and says.

You go after him for policy, platform or actual politics and you destroy him.

Trump literally won because Comey dropped a pointless letter to Congress days before the election which gave Trump a 100K voter victory in a combined three swing states.

The 2016 election was a lesson in that President elections are very much similar to a shootout between two all star QB's.

The last one to get the ball is likely to win, and in this case Trump got the last possession in that letter. If Pussy-Tape dropped two days before the election it would have been over by 10PM.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like Election Night 2016 again.

Waiting for someone to jump in at the last minute and drop a good news bomb on me to save the day. And it never happening.

On a related note, the five stages of grief are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

We're in denial. Again.

I already see forms of anger, bargaining and depression (me right now) popping up here and there.

It's too early for acceptance.

The nightmare continues.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"She let the media"

As if CNN/NBC and co. weren't gushing to discuss Russia/Trump for the ratings. These networks (and their people) don't give a flying fuck about any of this, all they care about is money, ratings and fame. Ohh and a book deal or an exclusive here and there doesn't hurt either.

100% accurate... It's why I respected the people who tried to stay neutral through this process, and didn't proclaim Trump dead in the water every single fucking day (see: Maddow), which will invariably lead to more pain when the result doesn't come as we thought it would.

The man isn't unbeatable by any means, but this is definitely going to give him a bump. I wonder how independents are going view him now.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pelosi doesn't want to start an impeachment process that she knows will end in failure, she never did. Impeachment was never happening.

There's endless amounts of shit to get him on. But no, doing nothing and giving the right what they want! That's the centrist fucking way. Can't wait for the day Pelosi and Schumer are fucking out of politics

"She let the media"

Literally letting the media define this and not going after him is allowing the right to shape the minds of "moderates" who aren't going to bother to think about it beyond :" well, he's innocent now and I guess the economy is doing well for now.."
Letting this happen without an actual statement of substance is fucking damning.

"Dammit! Now we have to focus on the issues to beat trump? FUCK!"

They already were.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

2. Select a progressive candidate and promote issues like universal healthcare and the Green New Deal.

3. Don't depend on the media to boost your message, they only work for themselves and their ratings (remember the empty Trump podium?).

5. Don't make it just about being anti-Trump. Have a vision for an ideal progressive society.

Jesus christ shut up.

Stop lying, stop trying to put this narrative forward that Democrats only focused on Russia. 2018 wave election happened because candidates ran local races and focused on taxes and healthcare.

It's fucking gross the mods have let people like you run rampant on this site and poison political discourse.

Last edited:

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Trump literally won because Comey dropped a pointless letter to Congress days before the election which gave Trump a 100K voter victory in a combined three swing states.

The 2016 election was a lesson in that President elections are very much similar to a shootout between two all star QB's.

The last one to get the ball is likely to win, and in this case Trump got the last possession in that letter. If Pussy-Tape dropped two days before the election it would have been over by 10PM.
No it wouldn't of. Democrats hated him for it. The average person shrugged their shoulders, his fans laughed and said right on.

You don't bring down Trump by showing how much or a piece of shit he is, people clearly don't care. You bring him down by exposing how stupid he is and how terrible of a politician he is.

Deleted member 19813

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

This.

I think HRC did that and it didn't work.

No, people were pissed because she fucked over Bernie.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No it wouldn't of. Democrats hated him for it. The average person shrugged their shoulders, his fans laughed and said right on.

You don't bring down Trump by showing how much or a piece of shit he is, people clearly don't care. You bring him down by exposing how stupid he is and how terrible of a politician he is.

Which is what Clinton did in all three debates.

The media memory is about as long as a toddler. People forget as soon as the media moves to a new topic. Look at the poles, if the letter didn't drop Clinton would have won. If you reverse Pussy-Gate and Comey Letter in the timeline, you''ll almost certainly get a Clinton victory.