• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is a good enough reason for me to skip the game.

I mean, this is a pretty fuckin stupid thing, them making this no-friends. But I sure dunno about this take. We didn't even know this multiplayer existed until the last direct, were you holding out for a multiplayer mode from before then? Was the core setup of the original not the main draw? I don't think anyone expected online multiplayer from this game in the first place, so not buying because it's not fully-featured in that realm feels like a pretty bad-faith argument, unless its announcement was the only thing that attracted you to it in the first place. Which I guess could be the case.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Jeez this is an unbelievably stupid decision unfortunately I feel like Nintendo isn't really one to bend to the will of the fans despite making a bone headed decision

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that's dumb, they could have just made it so that it does not connect to leaderboards with friends.
Another incredibly anti-consumer thing that will be swept under the carpet as it's Nintendo that did it
? Ppl still talk about Nintendo multiple online fuckups like in splatoon, mario maker 3ds or the limited nes games to this day. What is being swept under the rug?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
It almost feels like they're being forced from an external source to introduce online elements in their games.

It's the only explanation as to why they intentionally do such an awful job, almost out of expectation at this point.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a company whose brand new machine from 2017 still lacks online features that a machine from 2001 offered (OG Xbox).

Nintendo is so bad at this.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
If only NoA any power when it comes to decision making. I am beginning to believe that their people in charge of Online services are so old, they are probably wearing adult diapers.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
So we should stop giving Nintendo shit instead of asking for an improved experience? No thank you, that's now how it works for me. I gave Sony shit for their stupid decisions regarding cross-play and you best believe I'll give Nintendo shit for their baffling online features, or lack thereof.
You should re-read my post because that isn't what I was suggesting. I don't get the ppl that were waiting for some type of confirmation or are surprised by this given their track record.

If you want to complain about it then it doesnt bother me.

Rhete

Oct 27, 2017
My tinfoil hat theory is that syncing 4 people online at 60 fps was impossible or at best a miserably laggy experience, so when you play with randoms online you're actually just downloading ghost data. We'll see though

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
You should re-read my post because that isn't what I was suggesting. I don't get the ppl that were waiting for some type of confirmation or are shocked by them given their track record.

If you want to complain about it then it doesnt bother me.
But that's exactly what you're saying. "Why are you complaining? Why are you so mad? You should've expected this!" is basically what your post is saying. And why would you get mad at me rightfully giving Nintendo shit for this? That shouldn't even be a question.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, perorder cancelled for me.
I was really hoping my fears of not being able to play online with friends were unfounded since I was basing them off the fact that I can't play with two players in smash with friends only random people... but here we are.

95% of my interest with the game was related to being able to play with my friend that I played a ton of mario world hacks with back in college and if I can't do that well screw getting this game :/

hope you all have fun with it but gah screw nintendo so hard for this decision. Was looking forward to playing with my friend a ton, already making plans to make time for it :/

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
And they're trying to charge us to use subpar online features in their first party titles. This is the sort of shit and stopped me from playing Splatoon 2 more than I did.

Incredible game, but the fact that I couldn't squad up with a few friends to play online matches was absurd.

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly if you cant play with friends what's the fucking point of the multiplayer?

I now remain firm in my stance that this game should have stayed single player only.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Antagonizing other members
Totally agreed that it's a silly decision. However, it does seem like a thing Nintendo would inexplicably do. I'm most interested in the meltdowns though. Have we had any good quality AAA meltdowns yet? Anyone gonna cancel their pre-order just cos of this? Haha.

Patazord

Dec 14, 2017
5E7VrFJ.png

My friend was so hype when he told me about coop last week, welp.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And they're trying to charge us to use subpar online features in their first party titles. This is the sort of shit and stopped me from playing Splatoon 2 more than I did.

Incredible game, but the fact that I couldn't squad up with a few friends to play online matches was absurd.

Yep, Splatoon 2 is an amazing game crippled by some insanely bad design decisions. I'm still upset over that game. The Octo Expansion is the only reason I've played it at all during the past year.

Anyone gonna cancel their pre-order just cos of this?

Some have and I'm sure more will. And understandably so. Online MP was certainly a selling point for some people.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Bummer, but the multiplayer that these games offer are of little interest to me anyway... just ends up being a frustrating experience with people moving me out of the way or jumping on my head ruining my jumps... or spending time in bubbles.

Still, I know a lot of people wanted this functionality. Shame they won't get it.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I mean, this is a pretty fuckin stupid thing, them making this no-friends. But I sure dunno about this take. We didn't even know this multiplayer existed until the last direct, were you holding out for a multiplayer mode from before then? Was the core setup of the original not the main draw? I don't think anyone expected online multiplayer from this game in the first place, so not buying because it's not fully-featured in that realm feels like a pretty bad-faith argument, unless its announcement was the only thing that attracted you to it in the first place. Which I guess could be the case.
Glad you're so offended by not being able to play online with friends being a big enough issue to skip the game for me.

I went from mildly interested before online multiplayer was announced to I'll probably get it at release after it was and now I'm thinking about passing.

So nah, it's not stupid. You getting so offended and Nintendo's consistent fucking up when it comes to anything online is, however.

Dunban_Fyuria

Oct 27, 2017
Come the fuck on Nintendo. :| I was really looking forward to playing this with friends online together but guess not!

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Glad you're so offended by not being able to play online with friends being a big enough issue to skip the game for me.

I went from mildly interested before online multiplayer was announced to I'll probably get it at release after it was and now I'm thinking about passing.

So nah, it's not stupid. You getting so offended is and Nintendo's consistent fucking up when it comes to anything online is, however.

Am I... "so offended?" And stupid too, apparently? Kindly chill your shit, my dude.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City

I haven't bought NSO and I have literally zero inclination to. I don't care how cheap it is, how can you develop a first party title like this while trying to push an online "service"? This is pathetic.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
The justification is peak Nintendo when it comes to online. An incredibly myopic solution for problem that was solved decades ago.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Am I... "so offended?" And stupid too, apparently? Kindly chill your shit, my dude.
You looking in the mirror? Go read your reply to me and tell me that again, when your first words were to me, and I quote "I mean, this is a pretty fuckin stupid thing "

So calm yourself, "my dude".

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You looking in the mirror? Go read your reply to me and tell me that again, when your first words were, and I quote "I mean, this is a pretty fuckin stupid thing "

Please read my post, I am very clearly referring to "them making this no-friends" as the "fuckin stupid thing." I am agreeing with everyone there. Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.