• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Cross save should be a feature for every game. It's fucking stupid to not have cross progression. One of the things I appreciated when Fortnite came out was progression and cosmetics were on all platforms (eventually properly fixed with Sony).

This shouldn't be a point of resistance anymore.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
The backlash is growing. They'll approve it.

Not to be a broken record but if they don't this is the end for me. Cancelling PS+, no more third party games.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
People dont buy ps4 or ps5 matter to play games on PC or xbox next.

i know resetera deep in hole thinking majority people have multiple high end 499$ machines or 1000$ pcs but in reality people only play one device.
On the flip-side there's no point of reference, so it's entirely possible that people haven't used it because it's never been available to them, right?

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Came in expecting a new quote from someone at Sony saying they're not allowing cross-saves.
All this says is pending-approval.

The wording makes it seem like it's going to happen, they just have to go through some approval process or something.
A lot of over-reacting happening considering nothing has happened or been announced.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling they'll approve it after looking at the push back, but the fact that thats what it takes is beyond infuriating - they really need to get their heads outta their asses when it comes to cross-platform support.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pending Approval does not mean holding back.........geez
Sensationalist thread title to create false uproar. Can we just wait and see?
But its does mean they are holding it back... for now. Thats literally what it means especially if everyone else is in it. Maybe their fax machine is broken to approve it? Idk

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
TiL, pending approval for something months away is holding it back. Make a stink and they'll approve it. They haven't said no, like they have in the past.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Came in expecting a new quote from someone at Sony saying they're not allowing cross-saves.

The wording makes it seem like it's going to happen, they just have to go through some approval process or something.
A lot of over-reacting happening considering nothing has happened or been announced.
This happens every thread about this topic. It's expected.

As long as they eventually allow it, it's quickly forgotten, and even then it doesn't really affect them.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cross save should be a feature for every game. It's fucking stupid to not have cross progression. One of the things I appreciated when Fortnite came out was progression and cosmetics were on all platforms (eventually properly fixed with Sony).

This shouldn't be a point of resistance anymore.
I agree it's really stupid and a huge mistake for Sony to block cross save. It's dissapointing to see.

Sony has not earned the benefit of the doubt in this regard.
I don't agree again there were examples lately of it happening.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Sonys done a lot of stupid stuff but did folks listen to the stream?

The way Google spoke made it seem like it was going to happen, and the approval is pending as a result. Not that it's not going to happen.

Do you have a timestamp? I missed the livestream and don't have time to watch all of it.

If true, that's good then. It might take a while, but hopefully by launch Sony will approve it.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

If you ignore sony's history on cross play then sure it's reactionary

Amazing how Xbox and Google had no issues lining everything up between Xbox, PC and Stadia with plenty of time while Sony had to be a footnote that they haven't approved it.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Do people really think that "pending approval" means that it will be available one day or week later? LuL

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm confused by this statement. Are you saying contracts do or don't matter. Or that contracts should be voided according to gaming forum opinions. I mean, you start off by saying that Sony "paid" to get the Destiny fanbase...
Sony invested in marketing partnerships to secure timed exclusivity on Destiny content. They did this so that a new major franchise would be associated with the PlayStation brand, even as it becomes available on the other platforms. This means that a huge amount of the Destiny playerbase made PlayStation their primary console, and helped them become a juggernaut.

That initial marketing spend earned them millions of players who now have a major incentive to stay in the Sony ecosystem (leave Sony, lose your Destiny account).

Save transfers would eliminate this incentive to stay, and potientially lose Sony active players as they choose new platforms for the next generation.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I even said in the other thread that leaked that this is a fuck up but again the hot takes about it is shitty when it's not known and I will always say it.
We know that Sony blocked crossplay and cross-save multiple times before, in the case of Fortnite even limiting your Epic account. Cry me a river, but people are totally right in blaming them before info is out, they deserve it.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Are we though. Not even the Cross play stuff has hurt sony in any way. They only budged because they noise got too loud.

Not from this action only. This sucks and does look bad, but unless Sony goes into full arrogant mode and starts making shitty-for-consumers decisions regularly, they will be ok. They have built up a lot of goodwill this generation and I love my PS4. So I really hope this cross save debacle is an exception not the new rule!

Squarealex

Nov 11, 2017
Of course, if the number of Destiny 2 players is huge on PS4, why left share save?
Business is business. Favor the PS +..

All this for a shitty game.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Cant believe so many fanboys defended or deflected this shit in the past. It hurts nobody but PS4 players. Not looking good for next gen.

This is where I'm at. I can point and laugh all I want because I was "smart" enough to make the obvious choice of starting my Destiny 2 progression on a non-Sony platform. Destiny 3's platform (mostly) agnosticism is going to be funny to see.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For god's sake.

What a great announcement for this game and Sony just have to put a damper on it all.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck that. You marketed the PS version as the best one to have Sony. That isn't true if you balk at this. You're going to drive a typically very happy PS user into the arms of your competition. I need cross save for Destiny; it's the perfect game for it.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
They are doing everything in their power to keep players on their platform at all costs.... yet they dont realize that these decisions they are making will actually drive people away.

Status
Not open for further replies.