• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 75594

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 21, 2020
Will the PC & Xbox versions cost less for less content? Not a chance.

How can anyone be okay with this type of deal?

Ultraviolence

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm an old school gamer that had see this since 1985 and a guy that believes if you have a company you need to be above the competition and being aggressive just to survive, being soft in a shark filled world that want your money will make you complacent guy and likely fail to more to a company that offer more to HISSS consumers. That's for me is proconsumer for His CONSUMERS. Bad for their competitors but that not their problem is that the company is soft.
what

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
Are people still under the assumption because Sony has the rights to Spiderman films that they get to say where Spidey shows up in games? Because that isn't how it works.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Exclusive Craig character.

9113.jpg

9ak82revk4d51.jpg

This is all they need to do.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
If I'm not mistaken, Sony owns the movie rights to Spider-man, but the usual merchandise tied to the character, goes to Disney. This would include games. Sony (and definitely Disney) makes money off of PS4 Spider-Man, but not off of Marvel Alliance for Spider-Man being in there Sony won't make money off Marvel Alliance 3 for Spider-man being in there.

The only thing Sony gains from this is, Spider-Man is tied to Playstation, and attract fans to buy/stick with the Playstation version of the game. Gain a customer for future stuff/ecosystem purchases.

My understanding is the mention of merchandise rights in this article from when Disney & Sony were beefing about the movie character's future:
www.latimes.com

Spider-Man is leaving the Marvel Cinematic Universe after Sony and Disney talks fall apart

The breaking off of talks between Disney and Sony Pictures means Spider-Man will not appear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe going forward.

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to say this but hope there's a review bombing in PS4 version. This is an absurd. So in 2023 we will see half the game in on console and another half in another. F**k you Sony for doing this deal, really just f**k off.
Fuck off. People really don't see that this move from Sony is really bad? Imagine if Xbox does the same, we will start to get not full games on each platform and you should buy all those platforms in other to experience the full game.
That's different, it's exclusivity deal of the game. Spiderman not being in Avengers just doesn't makes sense.
Sony is anti consumer, doubt they will even hear people since they already are popular.
You can't even be consistent across one thread. You are in here decrying this while hand-waving an alternate case of this practice... in this very thread. It's hilarious.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
No kidding, I have everything but PS4 is my weakest and most unstable hardware, being "forced" to buy this version is not getting me more hyped that's for sure. But what is Avengers without Spider-Man? They basically tried to turn him into the new Tony Stark in Far From Home.

To be fair, if you go by the comics, Spider-Man was offered and refused membership in the Avengers multiple times. He had a long-running feud with Tony Stark as Stark and Iron Man were seen as being big-time heroes while Spidey was more city-based, and Spidey felt that Stark cared more about saving the planet then his own people.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'm an old school gamer that had see this since 1985 and a guy that believes if you have a company you need to be above the competition and being aggressive just to survive, being soft in a shark filled world that want your money will make you complacent guy and likely fail to more to a company that offer more to HISSS consumers. That's for me is proconsumer for His CONSUMERS. Bad for their competitors but that not their problem is that the company is soft.
They been above the competition globally for like 25 years, this is just over kill

HBC_XL

Apr 19, 2018
Vancouver
This is just stupid on all levels and very anti-consumer. Really don't care how people want to spin this otherwise.

Yes, 100% this will keep people buying Playstation versions/consoles. I understand why Sony would do this. Same reason they kicked-off the reveal (and will launch with) a Spider-Man game - it's their largest seller and will move units. I still think it's a load of shit to sell two products for the same price and give one set of people more content because of the plastic casing on their box. Always has been, always will be.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sony must've paid SE fortunes for all these exclusive deals...or Sony has SE's pee pee tape...

6d7ce102fe83555f7ec40186b1a7e24a.gif

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm wonder if he'll get his own story missions like Hawkeye or it's just going to be the event like they said that introduces him. Sounds like his default suit could have the arm webbing as well which is cool. Wonder if they'll get Yuri Lowenthal for Peters voice again.

CrispyGamer

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
games writers aren't entitled to opinions on their personal twitter accounts?
Am i not entitled to my opinion? She works for a reputable outlet and is shiting on a game not even out yet just because Spider-Man is exclusive to PS4 she came across as a rabid fangirl posting on gamefaqs...i hope that clears it up I'm not going back and forth on this she only added to the toxic culture of gaming.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.

Wrighteous86

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I was borderline interested in the game to begin with, and I own both consoles. But this kind of move really does make me even less interested. When a game feels more like a business transaction than a singular product it turns me off. Part of this is I do most of my multiplayer on Xbox, but this game was already so borderline for me that I'm probably just gonna write it off unless it somehow becomes a huge hit with great reviews and word of mouth.

NCartwright15

Dec 5, 2017
I was the only one i knew that was semi interested in this game, and with this announcement, i have lost most of my interest. I wanted to play this on my PC, because it will run better, but i have to be locked out of playing one of the more popular characters? Nah, i don't think i will be buying this, or at least i will wait until a steep discount.

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
I love when PC games get affected by this console war bullshit.

Yeah I am not buying your console version of the game because you paid money to lock something off. I just won't buy it period.

KlytusImBored

Oct 30, 2017
New Jersey
So I guess there's an Avengers games where Spider-Man has no impact on the story? LMAO. They can't have him he integral to the storyline if he's not in all versions. So they moneyhatted a skin essentially? This is so stupid on so many levels

NCartwright15

Dec 5, 2017
And they just had that good showing too, which started to get more people interested, and now this. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Exclusivity deals are shitty. As long as money is involved in making video games they'll never go away. I'm not going to let that stop me from being excited. Especially if the exclusivity pertains to me.
I can see that, and I think it's a bit off as mentioned. I've got a PS4, this has dampened my excitement quite a bit.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How the fuck are people comparing tetris effect to this!.....A game that's taken two years to come to xbox and then does with an exclusive mode for 6 months vs this...haha, this forum sometimes.

I seriously can't understand the mental gymnastics to even compare the two.

They're comparing the principle behind each. Both are examples of the platform holder paying for exclusive content to make their version or platform more attractive.

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
My girlfriend and I were looking forward to playing this together, and she was hoping they'd ad Spider-Man since he's her favorite hero. But we play on Xbox.

Well that's saves me $120 I guess. Damn.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
Will the PC & Xbox versions cost less for less content? Not a chance.

How can anyone be okay with this type of deal?
Isn't this just DLC since he is not part of the main content?

I think this kind of stuff is ok if it happened because of Sony owning Spidey. Without it the 2018 game would have not been a thing.

Also Sony has owned Spider-Man for some time.