• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Wow this is stupid

Kinda puts me off getting the game on any system. I have all three, but I know some friends that love Spider-Man but only have an Xbox so that's kind of infuriating.
No kidding, I have everything but PS4 is my weakest and most unstable hardware, being "forced" to buy this version is not getting me more hyped that's for sure. But what is Avengers without Spider-Man? They basically tried to turn him into the new Tony Stark in Far From Home.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for removing content from the PC version. I'm sure PC players do appreciate that like when Epic fumbles around with exclusivity deals.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I see what you're trying to do. I'm not going to feel guilty or upset about this. I'm happy that I can play as Spider-Man. End of story for me, exclusive or not.
I'm not trying to make you feel guilty. I just think it's a bit off for people (and it's not only you) to drop in and say "I'm hyped" when this is specifically about a shitty practise, and not just the character reveal.
This is also the announcement that he's coming to the game at all, which hasn't been said anywhere else, to be fair.
The thread specifically is about the exclusivity, though. I get people are excited, which is fine, it just seems a bit off to me to me to comment on the release alone.

This is a really shitty practise. I have a PS4 and a PC, and was excited to try it on PC for the extra performance... but this is making me not want to buy it

Nov 2, 2018
Honestly though, as a massive Spider-Man fan, if I had been planning on getting an Xbox over a PS5, this would have upset me way more than this iffy looking GAAS:

milesmorales_hero_ps5_legal_0.jpg

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Sucks, but Marvel licensed the video game rights to Sony for the PS4 game by Insomniac... We don't know what all is included in that contract regarding platform exclusivity, term length, or anything, right?

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
Yeah I might try to get my brother to buy a ps5 too so I at least can experience the story mode for spidey haha. But man this is so shitty, and what stops this from happening in the future for other heroes too ?
As long as it helps Sony and Microsoft boosting the industry, I'm good. I'd probably buy an XBox Series X if the next Batman Arkham was an exclusive. I understand and empathize with those who are mad about this, but if we are going to keep having consoles for the foreseeable future, exclusives are a must. I think that's healthier to the gaming industry as a whole than Microsoft "netflixing" games with the game pass. Exclusives are the reason why I've bought a PS4 and a Switch, and I'd gladly do the same with XBox if they got something as big as Batman Arkham games as exclusives next gen.

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty ballsy. If this Spider-Man feels awful/looks awful/plays awful/isn't perfect it will look bad on Insomniac Spider-Man (because people don't know better)

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
I mean, its better than having an entire game being exclusive. In a world of capitalism and competing products they gotta do something to get people invested in their platform.Sony drawing a line with Spiderman video games makes sense, its pretty much the same thing as Link being exclusive to the GameCube version of Soul Calibur 2.

Crooked Eye

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 26, 2017
This thread is gold.

Don't worry it will all be okay when it's on Game Pass in 12 months time thanks to Phil the saviour :-/

iareec

Banned
Jul 19, 2020
Honestly though, as a massive Spider-Man fan, if I had been planning on getting an Xbox over a PS5, this would have upset me way more than this iffy looking GAAS:

milesmorales_hero_ps5_legal_0.jpg
Spiderman is the only exclusive I would love to try. I had a PS4 and personally exclusives aren't my taste (just my taste of games). Also going for Xbox probably.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Bit confused about the no crossplay stuff. Fortnite has exclusive skins, yet it has both crossplay and cross progression even, but I suppose skins are different than an actual character with possibly some missions.

Oct 29, 2017
I have no horse in this race, wasn't interested in the game anyway, but it's kind of hilarious to see post after post in this thread of:

"This is disgusting, anti-consumer behavior! Shame on you Sony!!!!!! ..... But I'll make sure and buy the PS4 version now."

They wouldn't do this if it didn't work.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel vs Capcom 4 Spider-Man and any related Spiderverse characters will not be available for other platforms beyond the PlayStation platform.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
People keep bringing up Tetris like this game is being kept off of Sony consoles until 2022 but releasing with a timed exclusive Spider-Man DLC that Xbox owners would get later for free. Whether or not the Tetris situation is bad, this is obviously worse.

Why do people keep bringing up other timed exclusive deals in a thread where most of the discussion revolves around timed exclusive deals while ignoring the minutiae around each deal that makes them just different enough to not make people seem like hypocrits?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not trying to make you feel guilty. I just think it's a bit off for people (and it's not only you) to drop in and say "I'm hyped" when this is specifically about a shitty practise, and not just the character reveal.

The thread specifically is about the exclusivity, though. I get people are excited, which is fine, it just seems a bit off to me to me to comment on the release alone.

This is a really shitty practise. I have a PS4 and a PC, and was excited to try it on PC for the extra performance... but this is making me not want to buy it

Exclusivity deals are shitty. As long as money is involved in making video games they'll never go away. I'm not going to let that stop me from being excited. Especially if the exclusivity pertains to me.

Jorge Barrios

Jul 29, 2020
As long as it helps Sony and Microsoft boosting the industry, I'm good. I'd probably buy an XBox Series X if the next Batman Arkham was an exclusive. I understand and empathize with those who are mad about this, but if we are going to keep having consoles for the foreseeable future, exclusives are a must. I think that's healthier to the gaming industry as a whole than Microsoft "netflixing" games with the game pass. Exclusives are the reason why I've bought a PS4 and a Switch, and I'd gladly do the same with XBox if they got something as big as Batman Arkham games as exclusives next gen.

this is the way.

People need to cut feelings from thiskind of stuff. If any of you would be a Sony Exec, would do the same in a heartbeat

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Why do people keep bringing up other timed exclusive deals in a thread where most of the discussion revolves around timed exclusive deals while ignoring the minutiae around each deal that makes them just different enough to not make people seem like hypocrits?
But Tetris Effect was timed exclusive on PS4 for 2 years prior...

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
I'm an old school gamer that had see this since 1985 and a guy that believes if you have a company you need to be above the competition and being aggressive just to survive, being soft in a shark filled world that want your money will make you complacent guy and likely fail to more to a company that offer more to HISSS consumers. That's for me is proconsumer for His CONSUMERS. Bad for their competitors but that not their problem is that the company is soft.