• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
As a Playstation only owner this is super shitty, shame on Sony for paying this and shame on Crystal Dynamics to allow it.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
Can someone explain why people are more upset about this than there being an exclusive Spider-Man game for PS4?

They signed a deal or something and a Sony studio made the game for Sony.

This is a third party game for (almost) all platforms. Everyone expected to have the same experience and content.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I don't have a playstation nor xbox, and I don't plan on getting either of the next-gen versions, so maybe my view on this doesn't matter much, but this is kind of gross.

Oct 26, 2017
I dont think Sony ever saw UA3 as playing in the same court. Same with MVCI.

That avengers game definitely evokes Sony games a lot more ( thor of war, literal black widow etc.. ). So it probably made more sense to them to push for this partnership.

Also it is square. They are partners through and through now it seems.

? This game will probably be of very similar quality or worse than MUA3 and MvCI and has nothing in common with Sony games. It's a loot grind game.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
This is the kind of shit going down recently that makes me feel less invested in video games as a whole.

I should be super excited for next gen... instead it's just one bullshit story after another of who locked down what content from competitor platform today that has almost completely checked me out...

Sad thing is, I feel like this is an instance where Sony is going to benefit when they should be excoriated. It's Spider-Man you assholes. You bought some movie rights before comic movies were popular... fuck off with this exclusivity shit in 3rd party Marvel games.

Edit: I have no doubt this is a perk Disney granted Sony for allowing Spider-Man to stay in the MCU movies.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I'm not particularly a fan of any form of exclusivity, but this sort of third party exclusivity is absolutely the worst.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
You come into a thread, ripe with replies disgusted about a deal like this and post what you post. Then your surprised when someone assumes you're hyped about it being exclusive? Sure.

A lot of us thought this game could be alright but the roster sucked ass.

Xmen or spiderman was a way to draw us in.

That's a big one.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sucks for other platforms, but I'm definitely hyped to play as Spider-Man in the game. I guess it's not too surprising given Spider-Man the game is PS4 exclusive, and Sony see's Xbox as their primary competitor.

Sony's developers made that game.

They weren't Sony developers at the time, but Marvel did go to Sony to make a game for them.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Square Enix took the money, that's what happened and considering this game doesn't look so great and whether it actually sells well in end, I can see why and Sony probably was happy to, I hope they got some millions out of them for it and not peanuts or.......

Sony and Disney made a deal when the film rights were up in the air.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Sony now owns Spider-Man in the minds of blazed gamers walking into a BestBuy and that's all that matters

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
4K, better textures, better effects, better anti aliasing, less pop-in, better shadows, better draw distance.

Or.

Spider-Man.

Your choice.

I hate this so much.
After technology like checkerboarding, DLSS, and whatever AMD has cooking up native 4k is a waste of resources. It was already a waste, but no one should be bragging about native 4k, you're leaving so much performance or graphical enhancements on the table.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the same people will still be fine with it when Microsoft to compete, decides to pull an exclusivity deal themselves, and they become the ones locked out of content?

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give it to Sony: the amount of people who believe he's a first party character of theirs that they own full rights to is impressive.

Ultraviolence

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playstation 5 launching with two Spiderman DLCs, wow.

image0.gif

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine that.

As I said Avengers is looking average to me but it will be a big commercial success.

Sony is probably expecting that so smart move from them.

I am assuming the Spider-Man exclusivity will affect the platform sales numbers a lot.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
The real power move would be to allow it on PC and Xbox. Show confidence. Don't be so terrified of seeing Spiderman on another box.

Exclusive games you fund is understandable.

Money hats are stupid on so many levels but at least the complete game comes to other platforms eventually.

Locking away features/characters/maps to one platform is terrible for gaming and I can't believe even die hard fanboys would support it. Encouraging this means at some point you will be on the receiving end.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that it seems like it won't be Insomniac's Peter/Miles. I wonder how well Spider-Man will be represented, being post-launch i don't really have faith he will be fleshed out or really differentiated in a major way