• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Drive-by thread whining; recent warning for thread whining.
Does this forum ever get bored of talking about this game? Every thread on it has thousands of posts

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Does this forum ever get bored of talking about this game? Every thread on it has thousands of posts

Most of these threads are kind of circular. Lots of arguments about the harassment Game Freak has received, sarcastic usage of positive hashtags, etc. All you have to do is read a few pages to get the gist of it all.

Mzril

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
PKHex was probably THE reason why they decided to remove GTS.

You could ask a bot to create a pokemon for you, deposit anything with a set nick name on GTS and the bot would trade find the Pokemon and trade you the other one.

Made creating competitive mons a breeze

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Most of these threads are kind of circular. Lots of arguments about the harassment Game Freak has received, sarcastic usage of positive hashtags, etc. All you have to do is read a few pages to get the gist of it all.
Not to mention all the posts equating criticism to targeted harassment campaigns, prostrations to the owners of one of the highest-earning entertainment franchises and the like. That gets tiring as well.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You could ask a bot to create a pokemon for you, deposit anything with a set nick name on GTS and the bot would trade find the Pokemon and trade you the other one.

Instead people will still hack but with switch hacking lmfao

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017

PKHex is a better storage/transfer solution than Pokemon Bank or Home, so I wouldn't be surprised. But PKHex will be working in Gen 8 in a matter of days.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
But they did Let's Go first and it somehow looks much better....

Eh, at the same time it's also pretty basic geometrically. Everything's flat, the camera's at fixed angles. It's fundamentally just a slightly enhanced version of the same techniques for rendering they've been using from Gen IV. I think it looks OK but I'm not surprised that as soon as they started moving away from that they wound up having trouble. Like back when it came out, people were complaining about how basic it looked.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did I call out a specific person or a specific behavior? I didnt say John Smith on JohnSmith.com is scum for datamining/leaking...
People that do datamines, leaks etc; are scum imo
tenor.gif

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Here's hoping for a day 1 patch

Edit: DISREGARD. This specific streamer was messing with the game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why even have release dates with that argument?
Where are you going with this?

Is this some kind of spoiler outrage where the cut features should've been a surprise for the reviewers to warn us on at the very last minute?

I can't wrap my head around what point you're trying to convey here. The more in advance these issue get brought out, the better the people will be informed, no?

Anidav

Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane
More issues are appearing. Now we are looking at soft-locks

And as unacceptable as that looks, the music is fucking fire at least, right? );

The cut content is just a symptom. This game is simply unfinished

Oh please. Pokemon games have had game crashing bugs before. Pointing to every small insignificant thing and screaming unfinished isn't helping anyone.

Honestly do people forget about all the other glitches from prior gens?

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Oh please. Pokemon games have had game crashing bugs before. Pointing to every small insignificant thing and screaming unfinished isn't helping anyone.

It's the sum of a ton of those small things and some big things that make the game seem unfinished/half baked. Adding tinder to the fire seems more constructive than telling people to ignore technical issues with a game that costs $60

I guess it'd be better if people knew less about the product's shortcomings before they buy it. Wouldn't want them to get spoiled

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

This. Is. An. AAA. Console. Game.

Of the biggest media franchise in the world.

This is not acceptable for any other developer and it's not acceptable for GF.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
So you're saying Gamefreak intended on datamining prior to releaae??

Is this for real ?, like god damn I must be going crazy or some shit living in the matrix or something.

people putting faceles corporation before their well-being as a consumer. Putting a company before Your own pocket.
They don't care about you they care about your money, they are not doing you any Favor, they are selling you a service and if the service is not up to the task you get called out as a company because your product is maligned is not up to standards and I am sure as hell as a well informed consumer research a product before I put my hard earned money into it.

you have to be trolling.

Jun 17, 2018
Calling your shit is not condescension. You were toxic(but apparently not as toxic as thanking gamefreak lmao) and now you're just digging your heels in with bad justification that are just "it's not my fault you don't understand me".
You sure are making some acidic accusations. 1st, what does thanking Gamefreak have to do with anything?Sounds like you're angry about something else that has nothing to do with me.

Exactly what "shit" am I being called out for?? Going back to my original argument, I still hold that I feel for the game developers who spent years of their lives only for it to be spoiled. No one is entitled to have leaks prior to the game's release. If I think leakers are scum, that's my opionion. Don't like it? Ummm I'm sure you have other things you could be doing rather than challege my opinion that wont change.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I can't tell if you're being facetious but uh... yeah Pokemon is a 10+ million seller franchise and people have been fans of the games for over 20 years lol. There's quite a bit to them and some people think that when this franchise is at it's best it stands up there with some of the best JRPGs.
Cool...this is a good jumping in point? I love RPG's personally.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Being light hearted doesn't mean people don't want their money's worth. Generally people should be concerned when something they are about to buy might not be very good. I welcome information that helps me save money. Pokemon is a business at the end of the day not some goodwill venture. They want money and lots of it. Nothing really light hearted about that.

I'm sure you and you daughter will have fun. Playing with others makes things more fun in general. The people upset I think are long time fans that finally got a console release and based on the streams I've seen it looks like shit. It feels very much like a Fallout 76 scenario of a passionate fan base being let down.
Oh wow, Tks for the post, I get it now...I'm looking forward to jumping in for my first RPG pokemon but would love if it held up to its previous entries.

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
You sure are making some acidic accusations. 1st, what does thanking Gamefreak have to do with anything?Sounds like you're angry about something else that has nothing to do with me.

Exactly what "shit" am I being called out for?? Going back to my original argument, I still hold that I feel for the game developers who spent years of their lives only for it to be spoiled. No one is entitled to have leaks prior to the game's release. If I think leakers are scum, that's my opionion. Don't like it? Ummm I'm sure you have other things you could be doing rather than challege my opinion that wont change.
People are specifically calling you out for calling dataminers and leakers "scum."
...so that really is the double kick animation?
Yep, lol.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Oh wow, Tks for the post, I get it now...I'm looking forward to jumping in for my first RPG pokemon but would love if it held up to its previous entries.
It probably makes the perfect jumping in point, because when you beat this one you can go back to the previous entries and take advantage of the greater complexity in the endgame and richer feature set/meta/pokedex. In a way, they'll play like evolved sequels to this entry in everything but graphics.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks gamefreak is a dig at the absolutely stupid mod decision that deems criticizing a company with a snarky thank you as a worse offense vs calling all dataminers scum in a long line of similar double standard judgments. The rest of your post is absolutely irrelevant cause it does not change that you were toxic.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017

And as unacceptable as that looks, the music is fucking fire at least, right? );

I feel like remaking all the pokemon in the South Park style would be preferable to how these models look with almost no animation to speak of. It just looks busted.

Jun 17, 2018
Is this for real ?, like god damn I must be going crazy or some shit living in the matrix or something.

people putting faceles corporation before their well-being as a consumer. Putting a company before Your own pocket.
They don't care about you they care about your money, they are not doing you any Favor, they are selling you a service and if the service is not up to the task you get called out as a company because your product is maligned is not up to standards and I am sure as hell as a well informed consumer research a product before I put my hard earned money into it.

you have to be trolling.
Tell that to the individual putting in 16 hour days for years on end. People often think of big corporations but ignore the individuals within

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018

^
I
This is a troll right??? I am literally baffled by the fact that this can be a real person.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017

This is what bothers me about the reduced Dex. They said because of animations, but these moves are barely animated.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017

This thread continues to deliver.

We've not just hit that perfect toxicity dolled up as a good thing that Era posters are getting very good at these days, but now we're seeing what seems to be irritation at the very idea that anyone takes issue with your god given right to call people scum.

Is it just Pokemon that does it? Or is something else about this thread bringing out the crazy in people?

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017

I remember jumping between some rocks in Final Fantasy 15 causing me to get stuck in a floating state, which resulted in a soft lock because the game disallowed fast travel of any kind while being considered in mid-air, forcing me to restart from an earlier save and lose progress. I did not think "oh earlier games in the series were very buggy, therefore I should find this an acceptable part of the game".

Similarly, I don't think it's good that a soft lock can be triggered by defeating a Pokemon with a very basic attack that many players are likely to use.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Thanks gamefreak is a dig at the absolutely stupid mod decision that deems criticizing a company with a snarky thank you as a worse offense vs calling all dataminers scum in a long line of similar double standard judgments. The rest of your post is absolutely irrelevant cause it does not change that you were toxic.
People who improve consumer knowledge prior to game releases are scum = good, ok, perfectly fine comment

Fuck [developer] = also great content!

Snarky use of a hashtag = over the line. You sick fucks

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I feel like remaking all the pokemon in the South Park style would be preferable to how these models look with almost no animation to speak of. It just looks busted.

I would be 100% fine with those animations if we had the 900+ pokes...

But they were cut, moves were cut, and now we find GTS was cut too in the name of "high quality animations"

That are nowhere to be seen in this sea of pop in and bugs

Jan 10, 2018
This reads literally like the dumbest double standard ever.
Either Konami and Gamefreak(also include Bioware, EA, Bethesda, etc in this) are entities so entwined with their employees that saying anything reflects back to the devs and such should be BOTH treated like people or they're entities that are companies that make a shit ton of money and should not be immune to criticism.

This is frankly ridiculous that this is actually equated with actual harassment while also not acknowledging the double standard at play here.
Companies are not people fullstop. Criticizing a company is not harassing devs FULLSTOP.

I find your unwarranted hate not that funny it's pretty toxic to be honest.

FuckKonami was in response to a management misstreating their workers.

Your use of ThankYouGameFreak is not that.

If you are not able to comprehend the slight difference, you might be as smart as me.

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
The most popular franchise in the world having a game that looks and feels worse than some small indie studio is totally worth talking.
I mean, it's mandatory to be honest. The franchise and the fans deserve better and the only we are getting it is talking and complaining about it.