• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
So to get version exclusives I have to coordinate with bunch of people to trade. How are we moving backwards. It's like DMC5 removing on the fly weapon switching.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ain't capitalism great
Pretty much.
-$60 game
-conveniently cutting Pokémon now that they can charge $120 for two games
-cut moves
-more than likely can't battle/trade with friends who have another game within the same generation unless you buy the same game
-new game every year maximizing profits
-no GTS making it harder to get certain Pokémon. Maybe you'll want to pay an extra $60 for the legendary you didn't get?

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
Pretty much.
-$60 game
-cut moves
-more than likely can't battle/trade with friends who have another game within the same generation unless you buy the same game
-no GTS making it harder to get certain Pokémon. Maybe you'll want to pay an extra $60 for the legendary you didn't get?

they've basically already done this with Mew & the pokeball plus ;-;

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Another cut feature, woo! Game Freak sure outdid themselves this time

These games are an embarrassment

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory Point of Comparison
It's honestly really hard to tell in these threads because so many people bend over backwords to justify removing stuff.

It's amazing. They're basically doing this:

They're actually happy that content that's been enjoyed for over a decade is being removed, among other things. And sorry for bringing politics into this, but it's basically the same thing as people defending Trump on everything shitty that he says & does.

I'm literally shocked. And I'm not even a huge Pokémon fan.

OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Pretty much.
-$60 game
-cut moves
$80 in Canadian before taxes.

Thanks, I hate it.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
As a software developer I understand shit happens and doesn't necessarily make you an "incompetent developer", but it really sounds like the deadlines GF was given were not reasonable. I still blame TPC for this, even if that story is true.
sounds like hay you got 2 years to make a full hd game good luck.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
As a software developer I understand shit happens and doesn't necessarily make you an "incompetent developer", but it really sounds like the deadlines GF was given were not reasonable. I still blame TPC for this, even if that story is true.

If that story is true, they lied kept lying and will continue to lie until Gen 9.

That leak is not an approach we should be celebrating, even if it ends up with fans getting the National dex, moves and GTS back

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably the first negative news that seriously annoys me. GTS should be such an easy feature to transfer to a new game and it makes no sense to not do it. It seriously hurts trading a ton.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
If that story is true, they lied kept lying and will continue to lie until Gen 9.

That leak is not an approach we should be celebrating, even if it ends up with fans getting the National dex, moves and GTS back
I don't think anyone is celebrating the lying approach, but again... Why do you think they're lying about it instead of delaying the game to fix it?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'm not sure this thread is the best place to talk about a third hand rumor. Let's at least wait for BunnyHop to issue a response.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
It's amazing how you seemed to completely ignore everything about my post except for the very last part. The part just before that I said that I hoped they replaced it with something that still allows people to collect the Pokemon that they want.

Also I'm not 'handwaving criticism' as you said. There are many problems with Sword and Shield one that most people don't bring up because of all of the ranting about the missing Pokemon is how poorly they have done with messaging these changes and being unwilling to bend on anything despite the exceptionally poor feedback.

That said, this is maybe the 5th topic this week about something people are upset about with Sword and Shield, so yes I find it excessive at how fans are trying to find anything to rile themselves up again. Part of that as well is the OP and others using a hashtag movement that was created trying to thank Gamefreak employees who are having to put up with all of this shit and twisting it to be sarcastic and aggressive.

You can be upset about changes, you can decide that you don't want to buy the game and don't want to support the series anymore but the excessive pissing and moaning from Pokemon fans (not saying this about you directly I mean this situation in general over the past few months) over these games is horrendous and highly misguided.
I don't know man, if people raise a stink over the one feature that is core to what the series stands for, it's totally worth it. This is the biggest thing that they could have cut outside of the dex, and turns out they did both.

These are quintessential features that have existed in Pokémon games for 13 years now.

TriggerShy

Mar 26, 2018
If you were really serious about completing the Pokédex, than the GTS was your greatest tool along with Bank. You can search for any Pokémon as long as you know its name and the only reason you might see people asking for impossible or unfair trades is because the fair ones happen incredibly fast. You are better off depositing a Pokémon and as long as you ask for a fair trade, it should happen within hours. With Bank, the more hardcore fans are more likely to transfer extras of hard to find creatures, even if only a fraction do this, that's still a sizable group with how big the franchise is, so you know within that group of people, there has to be at least one person who has what you are looking for and be willing to trade. The most difficult to trade for would be Legendaries of course, but again, using Bank, the really hardcore fans would probably catch multiple Legendaries and use their extras as trade fodder for Legendaries they don't have to round out their Dex. It's still time consuming, but the GTS made it far more manageable than it first appears.

Of course, there are some problems, the most notable is people asking for Mythicals, which the GTS won't allow you to trade (it is possible to filter them out, though) and Pokémon at impossible levels (like a Flygon at level 9 or lower). There is also the fact that searching can be a bit cumbersome having to scroll through pages to see which trade you can do. But it's overall a great system and while I'm glad Wonder Trades are still in, no GTS is a huge bummer.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
The funny thing is that in an interview with Reggie this year it confirms that it is Gamefreak themselves that decide the deadline for pokemon games, not Nintendo. Nintendo only cares that they keep it, not so much on long how it takes.

Oct 27, 2017
The funny thing is that in an interview with Reggie this year it confirms that it is Gamefreak themselves that decide the deadline for pokemon games, not Nintendo. Nintendo only cares that they keep it, not so much on long how it takes.
Do you have a link? I'd love to read this interview, because it always seems the blame is put on Nintendo (despite them regularly delaying games) or TPCi (which seems weird considering 1/3 is Nintendo and 1/3 is Gamefreak)

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Wait, Gamefreak didn't tell Japanese fans about the dex cut?

1573535617432.jpg

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually not surprised by any of this. Game Freak isn't Capcom or Square Enix with multiple teams, this is their 4th game in 4 years and this happens to be the game with the highest expectations.

TriggerShy

Mar 26, 2018
*assuming all pokemon are traded at equal rates and everyone isn't just sending over route 1 trash mons

Honestly, I have more fun trading Pokémon with Hidden Abilities, Egg Moves, or are just unlikely to be used in a main playthrough than crossing my fingers hoping someone gives me a Pokémon I might have trouble obtaining. I'd like to believe some of my trades made someones Wonderlocke a bit more interesting, maybe someone even found a new favorite, who knows?

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World

X-Peaceman-X

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Man its almost like the Pokemon fanbase is warring with the Star Wars fanbase over who can be the most toxic. Literally people in here recommending others to not buy the game. WOW

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just wondering how I'm going to complete the pokedex cause without GTS it's going to be a lot harder. Probably just one play through and I'm done.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
$80 in Canadian before taxes.

Thanks, I hate it.
$90 AUD! Even worse, with the GTS gone, your only option is to use Let's Go's awful Link Code system to trade, or gamble with Wonder Trade - and with Wonder Trade being the only convenient trading option, you're unlikely to get the other box legendary, because no one's going to gamble theirs in Wonder Trade.

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty much an online marketplace for Pokemon. You put up a Pokemon of yours and ask for one in return (for example you could put up your Lv.17 Raichu asking for a Lv.1-5 Charmander). If the Pokemon is traded online, you'd get your Charmander next time you logged in.

It is notably the ONLY way to ask for a specific Pokemon in a trade without directly contacting the person you're trading with, as well as the only way to passively trade when you're not online at the immediate moment.

That's sounds way better than what was in Let's Go

X-Peaceman-X

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, I'm sure Gamefreak will really be hit hard by a few dozen people not buying the game versus the 10+ million that will. Poor them
DId i say anything about poor ol GameFreak? no, they definitely made some mistakes here. Still some of the stuff im seeing is way over the top and pretty disgusting. Games will still sell tons sure, doesn't excuse the behavior though.