• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

A_Ageli

Oct 24, 2019
It is abundantly clear what is going on. The dex is being diluted between games to firstly insensitive the purchase of future games where only certain mon will be available (It's unclear if this will just be DPP remakes, perhaps could even see spin-offs going into this mix) all to service the cynical Pokemon Home paid app, which will undoubtedly have some form of microtransaction element to it, if not at launch, then in the future.

This is the way modern gaming is going. That doesn't mean people can't criticise the cynical nature of it. I would be a bit comfortable if the games themselves looked like they were making substantive progress but they simply are. Graphically poor, features removed that were in games from 10 years ago. The series is not making any strides forward, let alone great strides. There's very obvious elements where the core series can be improved but it always appears to be one step forward and two steps back. This was further compounded by discovery of certain mainstay key moves being removed from the game.

It's not just about 'Dexit'. It's everything else as well. Any disappointment with what is going on is perfectly legitimate, in my eyes.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It seems to me the most obvious conclusion is that they changed what its called.

No, I don't think that's the most obvious conclusion considering the amount of hours people have put into the game and haven't seen anything related to it.
The more obvious conclusions are 1) Day 1 patch to enable network features or 2) It's in Home.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
yup. It's a fair thing to criticize the removal of the GTS (and this should very much be criticized) but trivializing and mocking a hashtag used by fans to express genuine love for the series is silly and this thread will be taken less seriously than it should because of it. Nice.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gamefreak is flat out releasing an unfinished game people.

pop3akns.gif

The benefit of the doubt phase should be over. They should be criticized as harshly as Bethesda or EA for this.

Oof

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
I just hope we're able to trade Pokemon somehow without having to pay for Nintendo Online, Pokemon bank or anything of the sort. Even if it's just local /near trading.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
Legtimate question:

Will anything motivate GameFreak to do better if Pokemon Sword/Shield sell bonkers by virtue of being on the Switch?
despite common belief they do hear complaints.

each game has fixed issues from previous ones. hell this whole release cycle was in response to people complaining about them showing too much.

It might be glacial at times and come w/ new issues but they do listen.

i don't think anyone from GF enjoy being told their are shit over and over again either lol. I am sure they hear loud and clear.

Deleted member 60992

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2019
Seems like the game has leaked so I'd assume we'll hear a lot more over the next few days. I really hope Nintendo takes this criticism to heart and the game we get in two years' time is radically different.

The games themselves is all Game Freak. Nintendo publishes them and holds some of the right but what's in the games and how they are develope is all Game Freak.

Deleted member 33319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Hot take: I like Pokémon being harder to acquire. It gives them a value.
This is what I like about Pokémon Go.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Diamond and Pearl remakes won't have half the features introduced or reintroduced in gen 4.

Underground? Nope. GTS? Nope. Battle Frontier? Nope. 493 Pokémon in the national dex? Nope. In-game events for mythical Pokémon? I hope you like Pokémon Pass and GameStop.

Jan 9, 2018
Thankfully the title was changed, using that hashtag in that way is incredibly disgusting. Hope the posters on Page 1 who responded with nothing but the hashtag understand what they just did and never try that sort of thing again.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
I blame EVERYTHING on the yearly release schedule. I sincerely hope they don't release a game next year. We're not in the 240p handheld era anymore.

Oct 26, 2017
100% This.

Personally never liked the GTS always impossible to search and find Pokemon I wanted due to everyone wanting legendaries or level 100s and stuff like that. I do hope there is another feature that offers a way for players to acquire all of the Pokemon without having to directly trade or rely on RNG but at this point it feels like people are just digging for literally anything negative about the game to blow up about.

It's getting really sick and tiring to see posts like this, where you just mention that you think people are being negative just for the sake of being negative. And yet, the irony is that you're part of the problem in that you're handwaving criticism away without actually understanding why people are criticizing the removal in the first place.

Does the GTS have its fair share of problems? OF COURSE. The point is that when you have a feature with problems, you do your best to fix it. Removing it is not fixing the problem, if anything, it's rewinding the clocks back to when you needed to find someone to trade as opposed to taking advantage of the internet to connect and trade. I know for a fact that I wouldn't be able to complete the Pokedex in Gen V and VI without the use of the GTS.

There are many things that could have been done with the GTS to provide a better experience, instead of removing it.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User warned: Hostility
I know, right? I mean how dare they take umbrage at developer removing essential free features and replacing them with inferior paygated ones. Don't they know that their job is to blindly consume?

That definitely is an issue as well as the way the OP use the hashtag. Plus you have this bottom feeder snark from you too.

Go take a shower with some soap and try not spread your shit around.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon threads are quickly growing in toxicity and hostility
Just drink the kool-aid don't be critical of a series you have been a fan of for over half your life.

No fuck that, if this is true this is a really fucked up feature to have removed, lots of people completed their pokedex this way.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Thankfully the title was changed, using that hashtag in that way is incredibly disgusting. Hope the posters on Page 1 who responded with nothing but the hashtag understand what they just did and never try that sort of thing again.
It's a billion dollar company that owns a third of the largest media franchise in human history. I think they can handle a little snark on message boards for moving series staples to their paid subscription service.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I️ never thought a franchise that's been such a major part of my life for so long would end up like this. Fuck this game

also anyone defending this arecompletely in the wrong

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
you're proving their point...

Amazingly, I don't particularily care about their, or your opinion. If you are so slavishly devoted to a company that you are hostile to people not liking their product (or rather, liking the product and not liking a vast and significant downturn in quality.)then your opinion isn't worth anything.

Oct 25, 2017
Personally never liked the GTS always impossible to search and find Pokemon I wanted due to everyone wanting legendaries or level 100s and stuff like that. I do hope there is another feature that offers a way for players to acquire all of the Pokemon without having to directly trade or rely on RNG but at this point it feels like people are just digging for literally anything negative about the game to blow up about.
Literally anything will be defended by people, it's insane.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Cool, I don't. A feature I relied on for ten years is gone now. Pokemon can be as rare as they want in game, but when a pokemon literally does not exist in the wild for my game and i have to trade I need the GTS.

OrigamiPirate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
San Francisco
I know this is a feature that will be missed, and rightly so. But as an aside... were there ever legit Pokies on there? I honestly feel like every time I used GTS I ended up with stats that made no sense, lol

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Agreed. Being toxic about the shortcomings of Sword/Shield isn't gonna motivate Game Freak to do better. If anything, it only makes us look bad & will push Game Freak to dismiss our otherwise-legitimate concerns.

We can have our complaints, lord knows I have mine. But at least voice them in a civil manner

People criticizing the game get called toxic no matter what they say or how they frame their complaints. Coopting the hashtag is a very civil and effective way of voicing their frustration with gamefreak, but it's labeled "toxic" by some of yall.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Pokemon threads are quickly growing in toxicity and hostility
It happens when repeatedly people tell you to shut the fuck up about complaining about Let's Go and wait for the supposed Core game for dedicated players to come out next year. Now here, and it is the complete opposite in many fronts, so years of anger are finally being release.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Way to shit all over a hashtag that was used to comfort Game Freak employees after all the harrasment they've been through. Great work.

edit: y'all are fucking embarrassing holy shit
absolutely. as someone who's been looking forward to the game and wanting to interact with the pokemon community for the first time in over a decade, all I've learned from the leadup to this game is that the pokemon fan community seems like toxic trash.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
People criticizing the game get called toxic no matter what they say or how they frame their complaints. Coopting the hashtag is a very civil and effective way of voicing their frustration with gamefreak, but it's labeled "toxic" by some of yall.
You don't understand. Sarcasm is bad when aimed at something I like.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Amazingly, I don't particularily care about their, or your opinion. If you are so slavishly devoted to a company that you are hostile to people not liking their product (or rather, liking the product and not liking a vast and significant downturn in quality.)then your opinion isn't worth anything.

On the contrary, losing one of the better online functions is not good. That doesn't mean you're not blatantly making everyone who actually gives a shit look bad by adding to a perpetual tantrum.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
Why? The GTS was really useful. I was already on the fence about buying, but this might be the first Pokemon gen I skip since 1996. I'll still hold out for reviews but beyond some of the cool new designs, what's been revealed isn't very promising.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
100% This.

This can't be serious

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
A bit more examples on how bad the situation with these games actually is. And why fans are going nuclear.

Mod Edit: GIF with inappropriate language removed

Games are simply unfinished.

Can someone post the fishing one? I can't find it

Last edited by a moderator:

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
GTS was one of the greatest additions to the franchise and now it's likely going to be locked behind a paid service on top of another paid service.

GAMING 2019 BABY