• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I loved the GTS, I have so many Pokémon I've gotten off of there

I also loved thinking about the histories of these Pokémon I've gotten with... dubious stats or moves that are technically okay, but... like you always wonder. But there's plausible deniability so now it's safe in an unhacked save file forever.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Using this hashtag in a sarcastic way is just pointlessly cruel.

It's not constructive criticism. It's not going to inspire Gamefreak to make the next games better. It's just plain mean.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Needed to sacrifice the Global Trade Station for things like improved animation quality, increased texture resolution, and longer draw distances. You da best GameFreak.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I would like to say, that the cycle here interesting,
Fans: "SwSh doesn't have X! X has been cut."
Defenders: "You don't KNOW that for sure, they just might not have revealed it yet, or the leakers could be wrong!"
*More information has been revealed, X has been cut.*
Defenders: "Well I didn't use that anyway."

It's... Irritating.

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Absolute bullshit. I'm sure this means it's going to be put behind a paywall with Home too, if it even gets implemented at all. Which is just fucked.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User warned: inappropriate drive-by
#ThankYouGamefreak for isolating those of us whose friends are not playing the game.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like, as an older Pokemon fan, this game doesn't really give me a reason to pick it up. Usually sequels to games entice me with new features and additions and here I'm just wondering what's been cut.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Gamefreak is flat out releasing an unfinished game people.

pop3akns.gif

The benefit of the doubt phase should be over. They should be criticized as harshly as Bethesda or EA for this.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
i just can't, this is a feature catered to hardcore fans in this supposed "hardcore" game. This is the straw that broke the numel's back for me.

Stairmaster_

Jan 27, 2019
I can't imagine they would take out such a great feature for no reason. As disappointed as I am, I'm just going to wait and see what they have planned. I'm guessing Pokémon Home will have something like this, as I believe they already said all previous Pokémon will work there as well too.

It sucks that they aren't talking more about this, but I still think we should have patience with them.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Too many people in this thread getting pissy over the hashtag shit vs the actual subject matter of this thread which is a really big thing to be missing.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
way to shit up your own thread bro lol.

you cannot complain when people go hard in the paint against your "criticism" when you co-opt a nice hashtag for this.

GTS being missing is bad for sure but lol now you gave the so called "shills" a talking point. good job

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm pissed, but there was no need to use the hastag.
We're getting on Rick and Morty fanbase levels.

OP
OP
Caz

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Maybe you shouldn't mock a hashtag that was used as a way for some fans to express what the series meant to them, how it helped them through rough times, and to show support to gamefreak when they were/are dealing with a lot of harassment.

Just a thought.

Anyways hopefully they have another feature that's similar to GTS but called something else, but who knows (Not really paying too much attention to all the leaks).
I've requested that it be removed from the thread title.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Using this hashtag in a sarcastic way is just pointlessly cruel.

It's not constructive criticism. It's not going to inspire Gamefreak to make the next games better. It's just plain mean.
Agreed. Being toxic about the shortcomings of Sword/Shield isn't gonna motivate Game Freak to do better. If anything, it only makes us look bad & will push Game Freak to dismiss our otherwise-legitimate concerns.

We can have our complaints, lord knows I have mine. But at least voice them in a civil manner.

Last edited:

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
While this is disappointing I'm not gonna act like some of y'all and shit on that hashtag.

Splendy

Oct 25, 2017
Big bummer, Let's Go's system wasn't as bad in execution as I had concerns about it being but GTS as a supplement was what I had hoped for. I'm lucky enough to know other players I can trade with so I'll be fine but this might be the biggest actual issue I have seen with the game so far and yes, I have looked at the leaks and I am still excited for the game.

Do think using the hashtag sarcastically is pretty lame though, feels like it shames not only gamefreak but people still excited who started the hashtag which is meanspirited.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
You're right that it's not code, but it's a dump of all the text in the game, including menu options. If it were hidden away, explanations of how to find or use it would be in this, unless it's named something entirely different which I doubt.
It seems to me the most obvious conclusion is that they changed what its called.
OR it is there and just doesn't feature heavily in the actual text files of the game.
Remember people, theres a lot of different ways for "text" to display in a game, and you can't always search that.

It really irks me how people just jump to conclusions without really knowing anything. People are so easily pissed off at these things
before the damn game is even out yet.

If its true, and there is no equivalent, sure. You have a right to say "I don't like this, I wish they didn't do that"
But I haven't seen any evidence that this is true apart from OP's image that tells us literally nothing.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the game has leaked so I'd assume we'll hear a lot more over the next few days. I really hope Nintendo takes this criticism to heart and the game we get in two years' time is radically different.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Too many people in this thread getting pissy over the hashtag shit vs the actual subject matter of this thread which is a really big thing to be missing.

Especially, since, hey, hashtags don't exist on message boards like this, and anyone from GameFreak doing searches of the actual hashtag on Twitter will still be seeing all the positive messages, and nothing from here.

Deleted member 14568

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User warned: inappropriate drive-by
No. We just want Gamefreak to take their and make actual great game instead of unfinished yearly crap. I mean, is this acceptable in 2019?

Gamefreak is flat out releasing an unfinished game people.

pop3akns.gif

The benefit of the doubt phase should be over. They should be criticized as harshly as Bethesda or EA for this.

#thankyougamefreak very cool,

something really bad must have happened during development cause wow... i'm just speechless on how bad this is

Last edited:

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to say, that the cycle here interesting,
Fans: "SwSh doesn't have X! X has been cut."
Defenders: "You don't KNOW that for sure, they just might not have revealed it yet, or the leakers could be wrong!"
*More information has been revealed, X has been cut.*
Defenders: "Well I didn't use that anyway."

It's... Irritating.
People take their affection for a product and transfer it onto the makers of the product, resulting in the actual quality of the product no longer mattering in their defense of the product's makers.

As I said, you won't see these same people in Fallout 76 topics defending Bethesda this way and they've taken far far more shit.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
It seems to me the most obvious conclusion is that they changed what its called.
OR it is there and just doesn't feature heavily in the actual text files of the game.
Remember people, theres a lot of different ways for "text" to display in a game, and you can't always search that.
People have put in 50 hours with this game and reported nothing. There is no equivalent. It's not going to appear out of thin air, trading would inevitably use menus and we have texts for all of them.

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. Being toxic about the shortcomings of Sword/Shield isn't gonna motivate Game Freak to do better. If anything, it only makes us look bad & will push Game Freak to dismiss our otherwise-legitimate concerns.

We can have our complaints, lord knows I have mine. But at least voice them in a civil manner

Legtimate question:

Will anything motivate GameFreak to do better if Pokemon Sword/Shield sell bonkers by virtue of being on the Switch?

Nov 15, 2018
GTS was also a way to evolve trade pokemon. You could put up a rattata asking for a machoke, then switch accounts/gamecarts, and then trade the machoke for the rattata into the original account to get a Machamp.
Idk if it is possible to get trade evos without bothering someone else anymore.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm not happy with the changes to Sw/Sh (to the point I'm not getting a main series game day one since it began) but the (original) OP and others facetiously jumping on a hashtag meant for support after some straight up abuse is some real embarassing shit.