• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It had been rumored for a long time, but Keaton put it back up in the air saying he was concerned about shooting during COVID. But now it's official.

www.thewrap.com

Yes, Michael Keaton Really Is Playing Batman in 'The Flash' - TheWrap

After hesitating over COVID concerns, the actor joins cast as U.K. production begins this week

Michael Keaton's talent agency, ICM Partners, has confirmed the actor will return as Batman in "The Flash."

As TheWrap first exclusively reported, Keaton was in talks to return to the role of Batman after nearly 30 years, to appear alongside Ezra Miller in Warner Bros.' "The Flash."

But Keaton set the fandom on fire last month when he hinted in an interview with Deadline that he might not do "The Flash" because of his concerns about COVID-19.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Bruce or Thomas though?
tumblr_phyxqa0Zmi1rrkahjo7_540.gifv

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So the Flash is going to run so fast that time will turn back? Is that how it's going to be? I have no idea how these Batmen would exist without some kind of multiverse element.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So the Flash is going to run so fast that time will turn back? Is that how it's going to be? I have no idea how these Batmen would exist without some kind of multiverse element.
there is multiverse for sure.

Doc Ock and Electro are in this too.

edit: wow forget this comment. all these multiverse flashpoint / spiderverse / space jam / dr strange multiverse etc movies are making my head spin.

Last edited:

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Are we expecting this to be DC's entry point to multiverse stuff ? I'm not familiar with the Flash comics, but I'm guessing flash has gotta go fast and opens up time rifts or whatever?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Same Batman outfit? Or made to look like it but actually comfortable for him to wear? Or completely CG which I'm sure he's begging for...

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
But Keaton set the fandom on fire last month when he hinted in an interview with Deadline that he might not do "The Flash" because of his concerns about COVID-19.
My dude was trying to get an extra zero on his paycheck.
I believe Flasho accidently travels into Burton's universe

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Bruce or Thomas though?

They ain't going through the effort of getting Keaton to come back only to have him back to play Thomas XD

Both Marvel and DC are basically like "Let's use the multiverse to mine some nostalgia" at the same time.

To be fair both of their respective comic book universes have been mining nostalgia nonstop for the last 40+ years - it was only a matter of time before the film universes caught up.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Are we expecting this to be DC's entry point to multiverse stuff ? I'm not familiar with the Flash comics, but I'm guessing flash has gotta go fast and opens up time rifts or whatever?
Flash is considered to be the comic that introduced the multiverse to super heroes, with the old "Flash of Two Worlds" story, which featured the second Flash meeting the original one (who had been out of publication for years at that point).
Flash_v1_123.jpg

However, "Flashpoint" the story that's supposedly being adapted by this movie originally only involved time travel.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not sure if this is a serious reply, but that's Spider-Man, haha.

LOL FU*** all these multiverse stuff is making me crazy hahaha wtf

i had afflecks batman first in my comment but then i thought wait you dont need multiverse for affleck batman because they are in the same timeline ...i need some sleep hahaha

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
DCEU is in such a weird place. No follow up to Justice League, but this is a DCEU proper film, correct?

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Get paid, Michael Keaton! If this is finally the jumping off point to a live-action Batman Beyond, no words could contain my hype.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Justice League's theatrical reception makes this really awkward for a possible Danny Elfman return. And Tim Burton for the extra authenticity.

They can do it, it just has to be done smartly.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Actually somewhat saddened that this wasn't a surprise in-theater, while watching the movie. Can you imagine the surprise at seeing Keaton Batman on screen without even having any semblance of an idea that he was going to be in this?

Oct 26, 2017
Actually somewhat saddened that this wasn't a surprise in-theater, while watching the movie. Can you imagine the surprise at seeing Keaton Batman on screen without even having any semblance of an idea that he was going to be in this?
I came to post the same thing. It's a shame we can't be surprise about cool shit like this anymore. Nothing against Era though---if we didn't see it here, it'd be all over other sites, social media, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
Return of the Joker is our BB movie, and it is one of the best comic book movies of all time.

Grateful we can 'rent out' the Old Bruce character (possibly, we don't know enough to say at this point) from the franchise like this to DCU movies like the cameos from Hulk in the MCU over the years.

(Yes I am still grumpy about how the green one was depicted in those films).

Megadragon15

Oct 27, 2017
Flash is considered to be the comic that introduced the multiverse to super heroes, with the old "Flash of Two Worlds" story, which featured the second Flash meeting the original one (who had been out of publication for years at that point).
Flash_v1_123.jpg

However, "Flashpoint" the story that's supposedly being adapted by this movie originally only involved time travel.

I thought Wonder Woman discovered the multiverse: https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-invisible-twin-multiverse/ .

Oct 25, 2017
Same Batman outfit? Or made to look like it but actually comfortable for him to wear? Or completely CG which I'm sure he's begging for...
It will definitely look like the old suit but that technology is so beyond outdated it would be new from the ground up.

If anything only little touches will change to suggest the passage of time while keeping the overall look

Oct 25, 2017
Justice League's theatrical reception makes this really awkward for a possible Danny Elfman return. And Tim Burton for the extra authenticity.

They can do it, it just has to be done smartly.
If its Burton Batman in a now future Gotham give me Elfman remixes in the style of Batman Beyond .
Like Beyond did to the BTAS theme