• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MagicPhone

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I Guess 10 people who will use this feature is happy.

This is such a bad post. This feature is really a game changer for so many people. For some people they can finally move their characters and play with friends, for others they can play on multiple devices in their homes, for others it means they can move to superior hardware and enjoy the game better.

For the industry at large this is a great development, and may be one of the initial pushes that finally breaks down these walled gardens, and means that players can play whenever with whoever they want.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
This was so last minute they couldn't render new marketing material in time. Time to move on.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
im very curious about how these decisions get approved by MS, Nintendo, Steam, Google so easily while it takes weeks or months for Sony to O.K. the same features.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I would like to request that the other thread get moved into the archives so the speed of the backfire can be preserved for eternity.

It might also help serve as a reminder for us to wait for official announcements before pitchforking.

This entire forum has the bought the perk Quickdraw: Pitchfork.

Why was Sony pending and not MS? When Sony had previous history of being stubborn about cross-platform policies, it's reasonable to be skeptical.

This is the point where you admit that you really jumped the gun, Mr. "sony is losing their lead next gen", instead of doubling down.

I Guess 10 people who will use this feature is happy.

Count me as one of those 10, I'd love to see what my characters play like at 60fps.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017

Deleted member 32563

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I want apologise. Y'all cursing at my friend Sony. They was just tryna protect the children. Y'all know Sony loves the kids.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
That other thread is gold. People so quick to mock the 4theplayers slogan. Glad it's all platforms.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Now I wonder if Bungie intentionally put the cross save data in the pc update that was datamined so it would be talked about before their meeting.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Leaders should innovate and pave the way for everyone else to keep their lead. Not cave due to lesser competitors offering more.
What does this have to do with my post? I thought all the complaining was about them not doing crossplay? Now it's about the expediency of them supporting it? Sounds like a classic case of moving the goalposts.

They gave everyone what they wanted, after everyone made themselves heard about what they wanted. I don't understand how this is anything but an arguably sound business strategy.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
This is gonna do wonders for pc player base, with the staggered release of d2 a lot people felt they had to commit to one platform. I know I'll be play on ps4 a bit more now.

Now if only we could get some cross play going.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this whole crossplay thing is way overblown and has been mostly used to score PR points in the "console wars" but you know what good for Bungie for convincing Sony to pull it off.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What does this have to do with my post? I thought all the complaining was about them not doing crossplay? Now it's about the expediency of them supporting it? Sounds like a classic case of moving the goalposts.

They gave everyone what they wanted, after everyone made themselves heard about what they wanted. I don't understand how this is anything but an arguably sound business strategy.
Nvm.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Now I wonder if Bungie intentionally put the cross save data in the pc update that was datamined so it would be talked about before their meeting.
They put certain things in there related to next DLC. The Moon is already in the main director screen now, you can click on it and but the expansion.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
User banned (1 week): platform warring, previous infractions for similar
These threads prove that if a PC option was available for Sony exclusives that a shit ton would drop their hardware in a heart beat. See you all on PC peeps.

Oct 27, 2017
I can finally take my playing on PC seriously this autumn. I started a playthrough with the vanilla version, but lost motivation due to having to start all over.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Backfire? It just got settled YESTERDAY and Bungie was scrambling to get them on board. Pretty justified IMO
Nah, those having a meltdown over something pending like it was a clear no and calling people who said pending isn't a no, corporate apologist aren't justified at all. Just look like big babies now, crying over nothing.
Those who were just fearing the worst are fine though, pending approval isn't a no, but it's also not a yes either, so perfectly understandable they'd assume the worst.

ZeroCoin

Oct 26, 2017
I know it'll never happen, but cross-buy for the expansion / paid content would be the ideal. I have copies for PS4 and PC, but there's no point in cross save if I end up needing to buy content on both platforms, or literally having to switch platforms to play specific content. I love the direction, but I feel like platform holders are always going to get in the way of this.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
These threads prove that if a PC option was available for Sony exclusives that a shit ton would drop their hardware in a heart beat. See you all on PC peeps.
You mean to tell me that the exclusive software Sony produces for their proprietary walled garden is one of the chief reasons consumers buy into their walled garden to begin with?

Say it isn't so.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I think this whole crossplay thing is way overblown and has been mostly used to score PR points in the "console wars" but you know what good for Bungie for convincing Sony to pull it off.

1) this isn't crossplay, it's cross save
2) while it's not going to be used by the majority, both cross save and cross play are very cool features that some people will really enjoy and it's maddening that it's always the same company that refuses to cooperate.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Good. Now get your shit together Sony, so developers can do the things they need to do without waiting for permission.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I know it'll never happen, but cross-buy for the expansion / paid content would be the ideal. I have copies for PS4 and PC, but there's no point in cross save if I end up needing to buy content on both platforms, or literally having to switch platforms to play specific content. I love the direction, but I feel like platform holders are always going to get in the way of this.

It will be nice to play Gambit or run strikes regardless of platform though.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
But I thought people wanted Sony to lock cross save (and crossplay as well as f2p games) behind ps+ subs?