• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Era do you confess to liking masks as well?

• Yes.

Votes: 147 37.7%
  • No.

Votes: 123 31.5%
  • Wtf is wrong with you, vex?

Votes: 120 30.8%

• Total voters

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Masks are dope, but I fear that this will enable weirdo nerds to take them over fedora-style and they'll become cringe.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I hate it, it feels super claustrophobic, it feels like I can't breathe which gives me a lot of anxiety, I can't for the life of me not get my glasses fogged up, and I have such a hard time reading faces with it...

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Always already wore them in Japan because I always get sick arriving there so I don't mind at all. Can't fly currently so I even feel a little bit at home with everyone wearing them. Don't understand the fogging up glasses and not being able to talk posts or breathing...get some real masks and also learn how to wear them correctly and your glasses won't fog up. Also anyone not being able to read faces anymore...uhm...get some help please.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Masks are cool and I quite like wearing them, but they make me realise how often I smile at people in the street. I haven't been out a lot since the lockdown began, obviously, but when I have I've found myself wondering why people are giving me weird looks... then I realised it's because I'm smiling at them, but they can't see my mouth, so I just look as though I'm staring at them through slightly narrowed eyes.

OP
OP
Vex

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Lol resetera ads going ham.

1DDGdSc.jpg

And yes, I proudly use white ERA (and white discord too...)

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
before schools closed, my mom was having an issue with students wearing masks in her class(before covid was even a thing). And it was against their dress code. Can only assume it was taken from Billie Eilishs style. Masks can look cool sometimes.

_111875447_gettyimages-1160085534.jpg

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, don't at all and only doing it because it has to be done right now.

I can't see how that's stylish honestly. Maybe because it makes me think of this.
WindingEveryEmu-poster.jpg

It's that mysterious kinda feeling I guess.

And then you get tryhards like Scarlxrd which I don't think is what's inspiring young girls to wear it but would be hilarious if that's the case.

avatars-000577585005-g4s54t-t500x500.jpg

Scarlxrd.jpg

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
No. I have to wear them running around my grocery job and sweating all day because it's hot as shit. I feel disgusting by the time the day is over.

I definitely DO like that people are now forced to wear them so they're not breathing all over me while getting right in my gave to ask a question.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Nah.

Its weird and I'll never get used to only seeing people's eyes and not their whole face.

I do understand the current climate the need for them, but I do not think they are "cool".

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I normally wear a mask during the cold months because I can, and now I'm also able to even in spring/summer!
It's a win for me. I'm also rocking the all black look, OP.

Neo C.

Nov 9, 2017
+1, but unfortunately, masks are still not ubiquitous as in other countries. Our social distancing disciplining has been too good.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Masks are cool and I quite like wearing them, but they make me realise how often I smile at people in the street. I haven't been out a lot since the lockdown began, obviously, but when I have I've found myself wondering why people are giving me weird looks... then I realised it's because I'm smiling at them, but they can't see my mouth, so I just look as though I'm staring at them through slightly narrowed eyes.
A firm nod or a wink will sort things out.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
A firm nod or a wink will sort things out.

Honestly if someone I don't know deliberately smiled, nodded or winked at me I would give them a weird look too.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Honestly if someone I don't know deliberately smiled, nodded or winked at me I would give them a weird look too.
It was something I taught myself to do as a teenager, because I had a lot of social anxiety issues. I've internalised it since then, and I hadn't even realised I was still doing it until a couple of weeks ago.

I also taught myself to look people in the eye, which I didn't used to be able to do, so now I'm worried I look like some sort of maniac.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Even without a beard I hate something covering my mouth and nose. In the winter when it's freezing I don't pull a scarf up over my face, I'd rather be colder but able to breathe properly.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
It was something I taught myself to do as a teenager, because I had a lot of social anxiety issues. I've internalised it since then, and I hadn't even realised I was still doing it until a couple of weeks ago.

I also taught myself to look people in the eye, which I didn't used to be able to do, so now I'm worried I look like some sort of maniac.

If it's something to help you cope with your social anxiety that's fair enough. I dunno, I just kinda feel like most people don't care either way.

Depends a lot on where you live. When I'm in the city I keep myself to myself.

I think the most I've done is in my neighbourhood going for walks/runs, is a quick thumbs up when both of us are passing by each other but moved out of the way to socially distance.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have terrible social anxiety and an avoidant personality disorder that makes going out in public...interesting, at times. The fact that I can now wear a mask and not stick out like a sore thumb is, frankly, liberating.

Keeping my fingers crossed we stick with it in the long run, regardless. lol

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I confess to really enjoying wearing properly fitting latex surgical gloves. The white powdered sterile ones are the best. Just feels clean, and I don't have to worry about getting blood or other stuff on my hands.

Luckily wearing them is also part of my job, so it's a win-win. The masks I don't much care for, but I don't mind wearing them for longer periods.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care for it. I would prefer showing my face and would absolutely prefer others not wearing them. Seeing a persons complete expression is key to communication. It just feels less authentic.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you have to do a job that requires moving around a lot the masks can be a pain in the ass.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not particularly if I'm working.

I do love wearing sunglasses though. Just something about it that feels comforting.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't agree at all. They're awful with glasses

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
I confess to really enjoying wearing properly fitting latex surgical gloves. The white powdered sterile ones are the best. Just feels clean, and I don't have to worry about getting blood or other stuff on my hands.

Luckily wearing them is also part of my job, so it's a win-win. The masks I don't much care for, but I don't mind wearing them for longer periods.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
After 3 hours of running around at work I always feel like shit. Breathing in my own CO2 and general discomfort. Always sweating, stuffed up, chapped lips and just general not feel goodness.

I'll be happy to not need them again.

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have always wanted to wear a burqa. I feel like my social anxiety would drop down to zero. I've also considered carrying a pad of paper and pretending that I'm deaf so that I never have to talk to anyone.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
We should all like masks - they are saving lives.

I think cashiers who gets robbed disagree with you.

It's currently great that it's more accepted because of Corona, but since we're all still human, this will turn around fast once the normal life is back and people do more crime than before cause they feel safe with them and think they're not getting catched.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think cashiers who gets robbed disagree with you.

It's currently great that it's more accepted because of Corona, but since we're all still human, this will turn around fast once the normal life is back and people do more crime than before cause they feel safe with them and think they're not getting catched.

That's terrible, but I think that's one of the downsides we're just going to have to live with - unfortunately.

If only we had safe, see-through masks become the standard post-crisis.

(These masks are still saving cashiers' lives though. Learn to like them.)