• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone had issues with this game crashing a lot? I'm enjoying it, finally returning to it after having to step away around the end of October, but during chapter 5, it crashes constantly on my base PS4. It seems to do better on the Pro, and thankfully I have friends who have Pros I can work with, but the game has become completely unplayable on my base PS4 that I did the first 4 chapters on.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone had issues with this game crashing a lot? I'm enjoying it, finally returning to it after having to step away around the end of October, but during chapter 5, it crashes constantly on my base PS4. It seems to do better on the Pro, and thankfully I have friends who have Pros I can work with, but the game has become completely unplayable on my base PS4 that I did the first 4 chapters on.
I didn't have a single crash and I played through the game fully twice plus some free paint in VR on a base PS4. If you have a Twitter account then you can ask @PixelOpus for advice. I know there was some small bug that happened to some which they were working on. The account is super friendly, active and helpful.

It kind of sounds like it might be a problem with your PS4 or your hard drive though. I'm no expert but did you try just deleting the game and re-installing it? There is also a rebuild database option in a safe mode menu which can help if your PS4 is slow from what I understand. It works like a PC defrag.

Miggy

Oct 25, 2017

Have you tried re-installing the game? That should do the trick.

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
Have you tried re-installing the game? That should do the trick.

I ended up finishing up my platinum on a friend's Pro, but I will definitely try that later tonight, I want to do some free painting. It's just weird that I was able to do chapters 3 and 4, about 12 hours of gameplay, just fine and then chapter 5 just started doing that. I haven't had any other games crash for me lately, just this one, so hopefully that's the fix! Thank you.

If reinstalling and rebuilding databases and everything doesn't work, I'll try twitter just in case I'm having some kind of weird issue they've had trouble reproducing or something.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Just finished it tonight and I highly recommend it. It's a lovely journey for the most part that was a fun and relaxing little game. Bit on the shorter side but it never dragged on. The only let down was later on with the combat but it doesn't ruin the whole experience. It's also a nice easy Platinum and finding things was fun. Some nice and nothing too taxing puzzles. The concept was very sound but certainly had more potential. Wish you didn't need Move for the VR mode though but I'm sure I'm not missing much there. Nicely presented package. Just a little short despite being a few collectibles but most are super easy to find too.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing this from PS+. It's a very charming little title, but also feels very janky. I assume I've already almost beaten the story with just 3-4 hours in.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Finish the game today, and was a good surprise! The story was pretty good imho.

Also platinum the game, was super easy.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
This is why I love things like PS+ and Game Pass. Never would have sought out and bought this game, but because it was on PS+ I gave it a try and ended up really enjoying it. I found the length to be perfect.

I'm hoping this game did well for Pixelopus. Looking forward to their next project now.

DreadfulOmen

Feb 6, 2018
How do you tame genies? My niece is trying to take the 2 electric genies, but we have no idea what to do. She pressed square after taking down both of their health and he gets into this pose which looks like it's draining the genie but nothing happens. If we get too close the genies get their health back.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
How do you tame genies? My niece is trying to take the 2 electric genies, but we have no idea what to do. She pressed square after taking down both of their health and he gets into this pose which looks like it's draining the genie but nothing happens. If we get too close the genies get their health back.
It has been a while but I remember they have two phases they alternate between after you have defeated them. IIRC they act angry during one phase and during it you should stand completely still and not approach them. When they seem calm you can move towards them but if they start acting aggressive again then stop immediately. When you are close enough a button prompt should appear. So, walk, stop, walk, stop, walk, stop and then button prompt.

DreadfulOmen

Feb 6, 2018
It has been a while but I remember they have two phases they alternate between after you have defeated them. IIRC they act angry during one phase and during it you should stand completely still and not approach them. When they seem calm you can move towards them but if they start acting aggressive again then stop immediately. When you are close enough a button prompt should appear. So, walk, stop, walk, stop, walk, stop and then button prompt.
That was it. Thank you!

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
Finally played this over the last week and while I enjoyed it, didn't really enjoy
The mid game gameplay shift to essentially third person shooter,, and thought the bullies were a bit overdone.
Otherwise solid game and glad I played it.