• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

48406437896_4e316cba84_b.jpg

48406595102_4d711494aa_b.jpg

As for our next bit of news – pre-orders begin today!

All of us at Pixelopus want as many people to experience Concrete Genie as possible. We're thrilled to share our price point – $29.99 USD / $39.99 CAD MSRP for the Standard Edition and $39.99 USD / $49.99 CAD MSRP for the Digital Deluxe. All editions of Concrete Genie include two beautiful and immersive PlayStation VR modes* that we unveiled back in April in addition to the core PS4 game.

Additionally, we're thrilled to confirm that a Photo Mode will be available at launch. We have added a special feature to it – a timelapse style 'Replay' that allows you to show how you put your artistic compositions together. We can't wait to see the images and clips of the artwork you'll create once you get your hands on this feature.

As an incentive for people who pre-order, we're offering an Avatar set as well as a special Dynamic Theme featuring a rooftop scene from Denska, with special music composed by Sam Marshall. We're really happy with how the theme turned out and hope all those that pre-order enjoy having its atmospheric vibes on their PS4s.

48409871242_8f523522c9_b.jpg

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! Been really looking forward to this game. Comes out at a good time for me at least and that price is nice too.

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation fans plz 😭 everything don't gotta be realism and cinematic if it's good support the boys and girls at pixel opus 😭🙏

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like previews are coming in as well

For now, though, we're satisfied knowing that there's more than meets the eye here. This is a bold production compared to the developer's previous effort, the misunderstood Entwined, and that somewhat surprised us. PixelOpus has said that its ambition is to make imaginative and beautiful games with heart, and it's comfortably living up to its mantra with this attempt.

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
Concrete Genie and Medievil in October and Death Stranding and Iron Man VR later.

Sony is killing it this fall.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Finally a release date. I'm optimistic for this game. Love it when Sony studios go for the more creative or unique experiences.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks so goooood! And the price ($29.99) is perfect!
6fps40.gif

3uwj45.gif

2xxje9.gif

40as4x.gif

5d5s2w.gif

1erkkk.gif

"It's delightful enough but then the walls drop – and so does my jaw. No longer am I painting on 2D surfaces. There's a fully 3D meadow stretched out in front of me to decorate as I wish. I don't just paint trees, I pull them out from the ground, steering the weaving branches into shape. Splotch grabs a few flowers and fashions them into a crown while I drape light bulbs across the trees. I can blow wind through reeds to create music, drag fireworks across the sky – Splotch looks up in awe – and shoot butterflies from the end of my brush.

It's a magical space to be inside and there's much more to it than what I got to see. Remarkably, the VR mode will be included with the main game at its humble price of £24.99 when it releases on October 9. I can't wait to step back inside and cleanse my soul."

Looks and sounds awesome! :)

Last edited:

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Sounds good! Been waiting to hear a release date for this title for a long time. Day One buy here!

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'll pre-order the deluxe version as soon as it goes up. I really want this game to do well. Look at it! Look at the colours!

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

It is a very unique, art-driven video game where you can express your own creativity. Ash's own self-discovery and self-expression is nice story of an outsider, a kid who gets picked on and still finds a way to be a hero.

You can also enjoy a virtual reality version with the PlayStation VR. That part of the game offers a VR experience mode and a VR free paint mode. It think it will be a feel-good game of the fall, and the $30 price is right for the scope of the game.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Nice. Called early October. It's a good spot for a game like this.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Finally!

Thought it might have got a delay to early 2020. A challenging time of the year to be releasing a game like this, but the price point will help and to be fair early 2020 will likely end up pretty stacked again anyway.

It's going to look stunning in HDR.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
The art style & direction is amazing.

The way he's sliding with those visual effects is inFAMOUS like.

baberunisei

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is looking like this generation's Puppeteer to me. Both in terms of how good it is gonna be and of how underappreciated it can be. I'm gonna do my part and buy it (and play it) day one. I'm also a big fan of their previous work Entwined.

Mixen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This looks very interesting and unique. Day 1 for me! Sonys studios are killing it.