• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
Getting some major Frankenstein Wastes a Moment of Our Time vibes

coco.png

EHnUs2zU0AE5n7D

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know shit about this sort of thing but that scanning tech is impressive.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
this is tough because I am a massive Conan fan

I would say no. There's a clip of the game at the end
I think you should be safe. It shows bits of climbing and quick shots from one (or two?) of the earlier trailers (nothing recent).
If you haven't seen any of the gameplay then no.
Thanks yall, Ill save it

Impressive that you managed this.

Thanks! Im so excited!
Kojima doesnt need to prove anything to me, I bought a PS4 Pro exclusively to play this game

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kojima confirmed to own Funko Pops

What now, Woolie? WHAT NOW?!

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Kojima doesnt need to prove anything to me, I bought a PS4 Pro exclusively to play this game

Yeah this is how I feel as well. Not the PS4 Pro part (already owned one), but I know shockingly little about this game, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I was sold at, "A Hideo Kojima Game." Didn't need to hear anything further.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So was that scene at the end legit? Conan's actually in the game?

RossoneR

Oct 28, 2017
Imagine sony investing so much in this for 6 or 12 month exclusivity. Just lol. I d fire them immediately.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
It's weird hearing Conan choke out words like "genius" in regards to video game guys he clearly doesn't respect.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
That was a great video. Conan has always been one of my favourite TV personalities. Last few years of Late Night with Conan O'Brien was pure gold. Shame the Tonight Show didn't work out for him.

MoosetheMark

May 3, 2019
Yo I don't know if there's some kind of etiquette or protocol around here for calling dibs on an avatar...

But I got dibs.

How is kojima getting this much PR for his game? Sony has big pull or is everyone just kojima stans

Honestly, because love him or hate him the dude has an image and personality. I'm sure a lot of it is an affectation, but it's really effective in getting press. He gets coverage because he has created the image of himself as a quirky genius. I think it's brilliant.

Like, imagine Conan going to hang out with Neil Druckmann or whoever. Even Shigeru Miyamoto isn't that interesting in video interviews. There are a bunch of devs with a similar charisma and persona, though, and they def work at it. Tim Schaeffer, Igarashi, Yoko Taro, etc. I'd love to see Conan mess around with them.

Last edited:

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I liked Clueless Gamer before the celebrity tie ins. Just Conan and Aaron. I also liked their live streams with Aaron and the lady on the laptop, forgot her name. Conan would drop buy at times.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like, imagine Conan going to hang out with Neil Druckmann or whoever. Even Shigeru Miyamoto isn't that interesting in video interviews. There are a bunch of devs with a similar charisma and persona, though, and they def work at it. Tim Schaeffer, Igarashi, Yoko Taro, etc. I'd love to see Conan mess around with them.
Holyshit. Can you imagine Conan with Taro. Perfection.gif

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
But his previous format with Aaron consistently was more entertaining and more famous than his celebrity one where both of them do not wants to be there.
The AC: Unity video in particular was my favourite. Outside of being bowled over by the recreation of Paris in an adorable way, there was also a bunch of great lines like:

"What are you in for?"
"Pomegranate."

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if these guys are lending their likeness for free. "It's an honor" good cheap way to get celebrities in the game.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Apparantly a fan helped him with this: he was searching for an office and a guy who is his fan said oh I got something that you would like!
Amazing. I think kojima is great. He just seems like a big geek (like all of us) and hes getting to make what he wants.

I think death stranding will sell enough to warrant him making more games.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
It's weird hearing Conan choke out words like "genius" in regards to video game guys he clearly doesn't respect.

He's a comic. He makes jokes and sometimes they're about people he has no disdain for. While he doesn't play games himself, if he really didn't have any respect then you wouldn't even have these kind of segments on his show.