• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
MV5BMGZmNGIxMTYtMmVjMy00YzhkLWIyOTktNTExZGFiYjNiNzdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

giphy.gif

Did you see it? Feeling old?

Last edited:

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I saw it in the theater. One of my favorite movies. I have to watch it whenever it's on tv.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Old enough to see it on release. Loved it.

BTW in that poster the order of the names not matching the order of the actors is triggering me. NONE of them are right lol

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I did a rewatch of this a few days ago.
Unfortunately I'm not much of a fan.

zDcblWrXL1VDUlxECFwLJIJZe83.jpg

Let me just say, I love The Rock and I love Face/Off. I think Cage is great in both those, just wonderful. Con Air... Oh Con Air. I don't like. A lot of my friends who have very similar tastes in movies love Con Air. I haven't seen it in probably over 10 years and wanted to give it another shot. Showed it my son, who did like it. Maybe it's just me. I don't care for Cage or Malkovich in this. I do like a lot of the other characters and some of the action is alright. Just as a whole I'm not a fan.

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
Still a great movie. Definitely one of those 90's movies that's a product of it's time and something you wouldn't see again.

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Dang has it been five years since I made a thread about the 20th anniversary. FARK.

Great movie!

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
Speak for yourself.

Saw this at the theater at release and have rewatched many times on cable.

You're misreading what I said: i'm saying you wouldn't see this kind of movie again, not that I don't want to watch it again. No studio would greenlight this movie again, but we are better for it that we even got to see it!

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I saw it. Still remember some of the lines off by heart such as "I drove through three states wearing her head as a hat"

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't old enough to watch in theaters, but a fan of mine from the days of cable watching.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I keep forgetting how stacked the cast is.

Also it's not a Micheal Bay film.

12265.gif

EDIT: Also Face/Off celebrates its 25th in 2-3 weeks.

Cage had a stacked summer in 97

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
The one complaint I have about Con Air is that Buscemi's character felt somewhat pointless. In the end he just escapes.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
You're misreading what I said: i'm saying you wouldn't see this kind of movie again, not that I don't want to watch it again. No studio would greenlight this movie again, but we are better for it that we even got to see it!

Oh, my mistake. My apologies!

Yes, you are definitely correct in regards to that and it's a shame we won't see a movie like this again.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I never get tired of rewatching Con Air; super quotable movie, and Cyrus is one of the best action movie villains that I can remember.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Thread theme

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You know, as much as I love this movie, now that i'm older and wiser, i'm having trouble with how the movie really wants the audience to sympathize with Steve Buscemi character. Like the very last shot shows him happy and free in Vegas, like seriously? Did everyone forgot that the guy was a serial killer and a pedofile?

Irmavep

Oct 27, 2017
That shot of Cage jumping from the explosion with money is the most Michael Bay shot ever not made by the man himself

c738f3d6643ab5ba051f7cd74f8d748b821b8a06.gifv

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
You know, as much as I love this movie, now that i'm older and wiser, i'm having trouble with how the movie really wants the audience to sympathize with Steve Buscemi character. Like the very last shot shows him happy and free in Vegas, like seriously? Did everyone forgot that the guy was a serial killer and a pedofile?

He's got the whole world in his hands though.

Feb 7, 2022
Saw it opening weekend as a teen. Still rules on rewatch last month. I love the Predator-style end credits. The cast is BIG and and plays big.

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
Got to see it in theaters when I was 13.

Friends dad bought us the tickets