• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
maxresdefault.jpg

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
well i just ran a computer simulation that said we can stop it if everyone donates $20 to my paypal

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Someone asked me this same question last week and my guess was 2050-2060 for a complete Walking Dead scenario minus the zombies.
Before the Syrian Civil War my answer would have been "Possibly never.".

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
What exactly does the "end of civilization" even mean? Even if there was a global, societal collapse human civilization would still continue. Mad Max is an extreme post-apocalyptic future, but human civilization continues.

Nov 1, 2017
Make computer.
Computer predicts the end of mankind.
Humanity decides this is why we don't create AI.
People stick to pong for the next 2000 years.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
Around 3:10 in the video, in hindsight is hilarious.

Predicted pollution up until 2020 "if we don't do anything about it".

And we never did.

Warned in 1973.

What exactly does the "end of civilization" even mean? Even if there was a global, societal collapse human civilization would still continue. Mad Max is an extreme post-apocalyptic future, but human civilization continues.

Then there is never ever a end of civilisation as long as humans barely survive fighting for scraps. But it's wrong.

Definition of civilisation:

the stage of human social and cultural development and organization that is considered most advanced.

So if we go Mad Max it is indeed the end of human civilisation. Not the species.

Oct 27, 2017
Tell you what, when civilisation ends at least you millennials won't be trapped in the capitalist system sipping ice coffee in front of a computer listening to podcasts and sacrificing your lives at the altar of corporate tedium. You'll finally have time to dedicate to all your hobbies!

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Tell you what, when civilisation ends at least you millennials won't be trapped in the capitalist system sipping ice coffee in front of a computer listening to podcasts and sacrificing your lives at the altar of corporate tedium. You'll finally have time to dedicate to all your hobbies!
I will finally be able to express myself through my medium of human skin furniture