• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neonneongod

Feb 21, 2019
Did i say i wasn't going to buy it before all of this childish whining? I said i might go ahead and pick it up. Might as well see why all of the as you put it neckbeards are losing their minds.
congrats on spending $60 to own them i'm sure they'll never recover.

Game sure does look jank as fuck and i don't blame pokemon fans for being riled up.

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain
As always, correct concerns but for god sake stop being assholes about it. I'm also mad about some of their choices but I'm not calling people who are not conformist, dumb or whatever.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
This didn't really need to be a thread. I'm not happy with what I've seen of the game and it just keeps getting worse every time something new is datamined, but I don't see how having another "Sword and Shield suck" thread helps at all.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
"Short game, the first streamer beat the champion at around the 14 hour mark, while he did this by skipping a fair amount of trainer battles, other streamers are clocking in about 16-20 hours, seems like the average will be about 18 hours to beat the game.

The difficulty, just like the cut scene problem, this carries over from earlier games and it's even worse.There were constant heals, to the point where in the first routes you're not able to go beyond 3 trainer fights without getting a full heal."

I'm just going to go ahead and count these as positives.

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"This franchise deserves better.

You deserve better."

No we don't. No one deserves anything. If you don't like the changes just don't buy it.
I am not a Pokemon fan at all, but i still remember the excuses from Game Freak last year, because of Pokemon Let's Go. They released a statement in an other Direct, that they were working on a true main Pokémon game for the fans, because they were disappointing at the very casual game.
If you make such claim, you have to deliver at the end. GameFreak now have to experience the frustration of fans waiting for over a year (But fans should really focus there frustration against the management and not the developers. Those people made the decisions).

KamalaHarris

Oct 28, 2017
This game sure looks like garbage amateur hour. Game freak needs some restructuring cause something like Dexit should have never happened

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
"Short game, the first streamer beat the champion at around the 14 hour mark, while he did this by skipping a fair amount of trainer battles, other streamers are clocking in about 16-20 hours, seems like the average will be about 18 hours to beat the game.

The difficulty, just like the cut scene problem, this carries over from earlier games and it's even worse.There were constant heals, to the point where in the first routes you're not able to go beyond 3 trainer fights without getting a full heal."

I'm just going to go ahead and count these as positives.
Being even easier than gen 6 and 7 is good?

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
This will be my first pokemon game, and the only thing I'm sure of is that I'll never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever engage with this childish fucking community.

A long time ago I posted about thinking it seemed like the most chill community, but then the dubious reactions to the anime redesigns/animation happened, then the reactions to the LG games was 10x worse than that, and now its somehow made that look small with how people are acting about the newest games.

At least most of the Pokken and TCG players were cool from my experience.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, if we're gonna talk about what deserves a thread, we really could use a thread for the confirmation that the models are the same goddamn models Gamefreak had been using for years like we all predicted.

So many fucking discussions about whether these were the same models even though literally everything we saw indicated they were the same models.

(mat)

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Huh... I never realized it until reading this thread and actually thinking hard about it, but I think I'm glad they removed so much this time around. Maybe not glad, but relieved. I was getting in way over my head with all these Pokemon and all these moves. I haven't played a full Pokemon game in quite some time, so learning everything in the new one seemed very daunting. This feels like it will be much more manageable now.

That said, I also recognize my case is unique, and I want the fans to be happy. It would be nice if they added all the Pokemon and moves later down the road in an update, or even in the sequel. That would help me dip my toe in and get used to these games again, as well as make the main fans happy. I don't think it's possible your voices haven't been heard yet. I'm sure an appropriate response will be made in the future, regardless of what form that takes. Good job! Fight for what you want. :)

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Well yeah, the production values of this game are a joke considering the resources that Gamefreak should have.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
What parts are factually wrong?
1. Total play time for Pokemon is entirely case by case.
2. The Zacian moonwalk turn is not during the climax but during the Post Game Delta Episode style story.
3. The Battle Tower utlizes Leon and the SwSh Twins do appear. No

I mean there is nothing I don't agree with as issues in the games but these 3 points aren't correct at all.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
congrats on spending $60 to own them i'm sure they'll never recover.

Game sure does look jank as fuck and i don't blame pokemon fans for being riled up.

Still not sure how i claimed to be owning them. I said i was going to buy it earlier than expected, as in I was gonna buy it anyway, ya know at a later date than launch. Then said i wanted to see what the complaining was all about. Maybe you should bother reading the post instead of reading into it?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Pokemon in a while but reading through the entire list of issues and looking at the evidence provided..

If something like this happened to one of my franchises then I would be livid too. And honestly any major game franchise doing stuff like this has been raked over the coals in the past as well. That doesn't always result in worse sales initially but that stink remains for a while.

Seems very surprising coming from a 1st party company that brought us Smash U. I know it's not the same game developer but this still falls under Nintendo's purview.

Shudouken

Jun 19, 2019
Game freak needs some restructuring cause something like Dexit should have never happened

I wonder what happened. Masuda said this once.
5zkrldikv6f31.jpg

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The game isn't out yet. Maybe wait a few weeks to absorb the game, and perhaps some performance patches before jumping to conclusions?
Good luck getting a refund a few weeks after purchase from a Nintendo. You can't advise caution in retrospect. It appears to be and will probably remain substandard. If that's ends up not being the case, reviews and those few weeks will vindicate GF and anyone hoping to see a change of fortunes can still go spend their money.

DryCreek

Oct 25, 2017
Where were people like you to defend ME:A?

Eh? I dont play mass effect so didint closely follow that. Regardless highly emotional outlashes at this do nothing but make the fanbases look pathetic and from what i did read it seems that the mass effect team had their work cut out for them re creating all their systems again using a custom engine. its a shame they couldn't meet peoples expectations but the emotional backlash was ridiculous then and its ridiculous now.

if you dont like something just dont buy it, its okay to not like something or be disappointed in something. in this case we dont even have the game in our hands to judge it and people are already jumping down the throat of the devs

Status
Not open for further replies.