• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Fire Emblem artist?

• Kozaki

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • Hidari

Votes: 90 58.1%
  • Chinatsu

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 16 10.3%

• Total voters

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really know FE, but going from the 4 choices in the OP, 1 is the best by far, 3 is alright, 2 is bad and too anime, and 4 is like an even worse version of 2.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England

For me it kind of blows my mind how similar the art style is across all the games while the graphical fidelity increases.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think any of the modern FE character art styles are bad in any way. It's hard to really say who my favorite artist is, either, because while I love Hidari's work, and would love to see him work again on the series for a remake, I thought Kurahana did a spectacular job in designing the Three Houses cast. And while Kozaki tends to get heat for his designs, they have a strong character of their own that fit the tone of Awakening, and while the story in Fates was awful, the character designs were by and large one of the game's high points for me.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
They're all cool. I think I have a slight preference for Awakening/If designs, but the others are good too.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Hidari, Senri Kita and Yusuke Kozaki are the big three for me.

It think Kita's work shines more with specific characters, the wider cast and some attires can look a bit plain (though suitable) compared to the others in the same game, generally the lead characters and Laguz tend to stand out to me a lot more, Ike is tops, look at that stern expression.

Kozaki's artstyle helped sell Awakening to a wider base, their art direction has always had a certain flair to it that makes it pop among anime styled humans, there's some interesting takes on the usual archetypes even if not everyone is gonna be so accommodating of the calvary toilet armour.

Hidari's work on echoes is like a perfect middle ground of the above for me, it just feels right to me and I'd hope they return if another echoes remake pops up down the line.

I do love that Heroes brings some of the old artists back in for content as well as a host of new ones, they don't all land but I appreciate the various takes on characters none the less

KazeSim

Oct 25, 2017
Of those listed definitely Hidari, I am biased as Echoes is the first FE I'd played and the only one I've finished thus far. I do like awakening (model) and fates (costume) Anna.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Kozaki is far and away the worst. Looks the most generic "anime" of all of them.

The others are unique and interesting.

Xenoblade 3

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I really like Awakening's art and I believe that it's one of the biggest reasons for FE's revival. Chrom and Lucina have great designs in particular. So I voted for Kozaki.

I have to agree on Hidari's art tho. SoV looked great. I also like his art in the Atelier series.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have a soft spot for Kozaki because Awakening was my first FE, and i enjoyed Fates despite all of its flaws and hate it gets.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to what we get for either the next CD or art book cover art whenever three houses gets the ball rolling on the merch front, there's been some good stuff in the past.

latest

18e01ac2cfd5e76e9345d39dbfca545d.png

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm especially enamored with the character design of Three Houses. There are so many little touches that say a lot about each character, especially when comparing them before and after the time-skip. They're wonderful.