• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
You there, Era member.

You may not be aware of this, but if you posted in the latest US elections thread, you are one of the 5,240+ board members who participated in that behemoth. In that chaos, there's been two members: IDontBeatGames and platocplx, who have been curating, moderating, and providing regular updates so people don't get lost in a time of obvious nervousness and stress.

To thank them for their work, several board members, including Samaritan, Josh5890, Virtualoso, suggested that we pool some resources together to get them a small gift. To that end, I've created a small gofundme to raise some funds for that gift.

Originally, we thought we could probably pool enough money together for a GPU or a console, but both of them were uncomfortable accepting that much money. So, the first $200 will go towards a gift for them, and ALL remaining funds raised will go towards *edit* redirected to St. Jude's Children's Hospital and The Georgia Black United Fund. These are Platocplx and IdontBeatGame's charities of choice. We unfortunately will not be able to donate to Fair Fight as originally mentioned due to its setup as a Political Action Committee.

The gofundme can be found here:
www.gofundme.com

Thank Idontbeatgames and Platocplx!, organized by Dave Edion

ResetEra members IDontBeatGames and Platocplx have worked hard to create, moderate, an… Dave Edion needs your support for Thank Idontbeatgames and Platocplx!

Also, IDontBeatGames also has a new Youtube channel covering video games and film media, and is in the middle of a classic Christmas movie review series! Support him with a subscription!
www.youtube.com

IDontBeatGames

Video Games. Movies. TV Shows. These are the things you can expect to see on my Youtube Channel. I'm Justin, also known as "IDontBeatGames" and I like to tal...

Please note that the Gofundme is under a pseudonym run by me. For accountability, IDontBeatGames and one of the mods will have my personal information to ensure that any funds raised are properly used.

If you found IDontBeatGames and Platocplx's work helpful, please donate any amount, large or small, for them and for a good cause.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Thank you so much, y'all. The work you put in for the election and voting threads was simply amazing. I've never been more proud to be a part of this community

A statement & thank you from IDBG

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Hey guys,

I've been offered a lot when it's come to donations and what not. I didn't feel comfortable accepting so many things at once and I wanted to ensure that it went to the right place. I came to the agreement with a group of people in a DM that organized this, that I'd only take a very small amount while the rest will go to a charity ( Stacey Abram's Fair fight ). That way, for those of you that really wanna donate, we as a community can accomplish something to commemorate Biden's win and the ending to Trump's presidency the right way. We can use this happiness and thankfulness by doing something good as a whole. I appreciate ALL of the kind words everyone has sent me but I wanted to ensure you guys knew that this was a decision I made on my own. It felt right and it felt like the best thing to do to me as a person. I, once again, can not emphasize how grateful I am for all of you. Together, we can end the year by donating to a good cause and making an impact on a cause that still needs help. Shoutout to platocplx, too. With the help of the threadmarks, making the thread and just being so damn nice, it helped making the thread much smoother.

Obediently yours,
IDontBeatGames
giphy.gif

1 gift from platocplx

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
This giveaway has unfortunately been cancelled.

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from platocplx platocplx!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

platocplx said:
i want to also thank folks as well I'll have a couple things I'll be giving away as well. Thank you everyone we have more to do. On to Georgia!

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 4 (USA) PlayStation 4 (USA): Madden MVP Edition Content

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Question: if this money is going partly to American political causes, are non-Americans allowed to donate?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all the effort you've put into these threads.

Thanks to the mods too for trying to keep the peace.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I want to donate, but if it's okay to those two, I'd like to donate to a non-profit/Political campaign of their choice.

Can someone tag those two? If you don't want to share what group/org you want me to donate to, you can DM me?

OP
OP
Davidion

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Question: if this money is going partly to American political causes, are non-Americans allowed to donate?

I am unfortunately not sure. If you can donate to the Gofundme, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I want to donate, but if it's okay to those two, I'd like to donate to a non-profit/Political campaign of their choice.

Can someone tag those two? If you don't want to share what group/org you want me to donate to, you can DM me?

Fair Fight IS the organization that they both agreed on. IDontBeatGames and platocplx can confirm. I've added this to the OP for clarity.

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
$5 in is the least I can chip in for the emotional support that has been that thread. Big thanks to everyone who kept that ship sailing smoothly!

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all your work, everyone!
I hope ERA can make a big difference in the upcoming runoffs and political battles for the better!

2 gifts from platocplx

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
This giveaway has unfortunately been cancelled.

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from platocplx platocplx!

This is a two-day raffle that will expire in 48 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

• PlayStation 4 (USA) PlayStation 4 (USA): $10 Dollar PS STORE Code
  • PlayStation 4 (USA) PlayStation 4 (USA): $10 Dollar PS STORE Code

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know this is for a specific cause/event, but I think that what we should do, is maybe have someone make a thread. And then that thread could be kept/maintained to try to help raise money for charities, or GoFundMe's for people who are in dire straits. Does anyone else agree? I think that having a permanent mutual aid thread would be a good idea.

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome idea! Thanks to both IDontBeatGames and platocplx.

Contributed, hopefully we raise a nice amount for Fair Fight!

1 gift from mentha

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Deleted member 11976!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Deleted member 11976 said:
Thanks to @platocplx and @IDontBeatGames for their efforts. Pitching in a 7-day GamePass Ultimate code for XBOX as a celebratory move.

If the GoFundMe makes its goal, I'll do another giveaway for another 7-day code!

• Xbox One Xbox One: 7-day XBOX GamePass Ultimate Code - Won by tripleg tripleg (10 entries)

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
I know this is for a specific cause/event, but I think that what we should do, is maybe have someone make a thread. And then that thread could be kept/maintained to try to help raise money for charities, or GoFundMe's for people who are in dire straits. Does anyone else agree? I think that having a permanent mutual aid thread would be a good idea.
If people are so gung ho to donate to a user who moderated a thread, there should a be a lot of support around this.
I think it's a great idea, especially since this community prides itself in supporting others.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I think we could also make an aggregated thread for vulnerable groups of people. A nice way to point people

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
A charity OT would be nice. We could try to get that working at some point if we properly plan it

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I'll bring it up to staff

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Thanks a lot. Gave some bucks over.
$5 in is the least I can chip in for the emotional support that has been that thread. Big thanks to everyone who kept that ship sailing smoothly!
You guys did spectacular work throughout that thread. Seriously, you rock.
thread was invaluable. good shit
Contributed, that was awesome work on that thread
Thank you for your hard work everyone, and let's make America better than it ever was.... For the first time ;-)
Thanks for all your work, everyone!
I hope ERA can make a big difference in the upcoming runoffs and political battles for the better!
Awesome idea! Thanks to both IDontBeatGames and platocplx.

Contributed, hopefully we raise a nice amount for Fair Fight!
Donated to the GFM. Thanks again for your efforts, platocplx and IDontBeatGames !!
giphy.gif

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Great work both of you and thank you for maintaining a space where we could all come together to witness the long eventual flush of this turd. The close moments, the memes, the laughs. Was a great time 🥂

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, the GFM just hit its goal! In 6 hours when my first giveaway is over, I'll post up the second giveaway! 😎🤙