• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Anything with rogue in it.

Edited out the potentially offensive part. I don't want to come off as ableist.

Last edited:

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
Prototype is apparently [PROTOTYPE]. The same för P2

Assassin's Creed Rogue, Rouge is wrong

Brutal Legend instead of Brütal Legend I do understand why it write wrong

Castlevania Lords of Shadow NOT C. Lord of Shadow

it spell out inFAMOUS NOT Infamous

LEGO + title, NOT Lego + title

WATCH_DOGS right way, Watch Dogs wrong way

Assassin's Creed Black Flag instead of Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

DmC: Devil May Cry, NOT Dmc/DMC or Devil May Cry DmC

LittleBigPlanet, NOT Little Big Planet

Last edited:

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Being super pedantic here:
DMCV instead of DMC5.
Or FF16 instead of XVI

It's all about the correct numerals :P

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I see people call Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r] "Under Night Inbirth Exe:Late [cl-r]" it really infuriates me.

Oct 27, 2017
People often say Demon Souls instead of the actual title Demon's Souls. Cant blame the misconception ,its a very awkward name to say

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Anything with rogue in it. Holy shit people are dyslexic or some shit
Same. Whenever I see "rouge" instead of "rogue" (and that happens WAY TOO OFTEN), I feel like my hair would instantly turn white, if I had any left. It's even more irritating knowing the word "rouge" actually means "red" in my native tongue.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Utawarerumono is kind of hard to spell to be honest so I'm not going to blame those who mess it up.

I see a lot of Astrobot instead of Astro Bot too.

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
Resident Evil: Revelaitons

I was just about to post this. Even Capcom couldn't get it right on their own box art lol.
1.jpg

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
KKwj4mo.png

Not uncommon to get autocorrected to the wrong spelling of "Dream Land" despite it being spelled "Dream Land" across multiple titles in the series, that's how prevalent the misspelling is

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Definitely demon's souls for me. I always feel like it should be plural (Demons' Souls), and not multiple souls being possessed by one demon.

Someone coming into this thread is going to have their mind blown that it's actually written as Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest and not Diddy Kong's Quest.

Hah, sounds like that's me. "Diddy's Kong Quest" sounds like a game starring P Diddy as he tries to beat Donkey Kong, but it's nevertheless how I've always thought of the game.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Anything with rogue in it. Holy shit people are dyslexic or some shit

I always get rouge/rogue wrong. I'm not a native speaker, and in my mind "rouge" maps a lot better to the sound of rogue than the correct spelling.
The opposite doesn't happen tho (i.e. if I actually of rouge the correct spelling makes sense), so if we could just remove "rogue" that would be great =P

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I always get rouge/rogue wrong. I'm not a native speaker, and in my mind "rouge" maps a lot better to the sound of rogue than the correct spelling.
The opposite doesn't happen tho (i.e. if I actually of rouge the correct spelling makes sense), so if we could just remove "rogue" that would be great =P

That's fair enough. I mean no disrespect to those who know multiple languages.

But there are a TON of native English speakers that get it wrong all the time. It slays me, hah.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Donkey Kong Country 2 is Diddy's Kong Quest.

Not Diddy Kong's Quest.