• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
Mouthwash. If you are still using mouthwash in 2020 then congratulations, you played yourself. No dentist recommends mouthwash yet here you are.

The mouthwash is doing more harm than good. The dentist says no but I guess you know better? Think about it
659156504569577492.png

Also, scissors. You fell for the scissors meme. You don't need scissors because you don't need paper. That's what screens are for
659156504569577492.png

Anything I'm missing? Maybe bleach? Never understood bleach but I am not committed enough to go against it yet. And to any idiot who is thinking about coming in and claiming floss is a scam, you can lave right now. We don't want your lot here.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Mouthwash. If you are still using mouthwash in 2020 then congratulations, you played yourself. No dentist recommends mouthwash yet here you are.

The mouthwash is doing more harm than good. The dentist says no but I guess you know better? Think about it
659156504569577492.png
Depends. It got recommended to me by my doctor because I kept getting canker sores (I think that's the correct term) and really helped. The usual use case why people buy it - probably doesnt really help.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Our local water doesn't have flouride added, so our dentist recommended the use of flouride mouthwash.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Ties. They don't look smart, they get in your way and the only thing they are good for is foreplay.

Murfield

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like people should be providing sources for some of this, as it sounds like urban legend and hearsay.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
People...... Rent water heaters?

it's a huge thing in Canada (or at least Ontario), most new homes come with a water heater tank installed but they're a monthly rental.

It ends up being like $30 a month, and the companies charge 2-3x the value of the tank to actually buy it out to discourage people from doing so, and they like to talk up the whole "we'll replace it at no cost if it breaks!"

well, the cost is paying 5-6x the value over its lifetime, if not more...

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure people only buy bleach when they are trying to get rid of evidence. And from my extensive forensic (files) experience, the smell of bleach just indicates that they tried to hide evidence, and the blood spatter evidence still lights up like a Christmas tree when they use the Luminol. So I guess bleach fits the bill OP

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
I'm not sure if they count but I'd say water filters and bottled water. Unless you have water warnings, tap water is perfectly fine. It's always funny to me how people say they don't trust tap water but end up paying 200-300% markup on what is just bottled tap water.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
conditioner

softener

those baby wipe looking things you throw in the drier with your clothes

electric can openers, in the amount of time it takes for these to finish i could open like 3 cans.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand

659156504569577492.png

Also, scissors. You fell for the scissors meme. You don't need scissors because you don't need paper. That's what screens are for
659156504569577492.png

Anything I'm missing? Maybe bleach? Never understood bleach but I am not committed enough to go against it yet. And to any idiot who is thinking about coming in and claiming floss is a scam, you can lave right now. We don't want your lot here.

Use alcohol-free fluoride rinse. It's good for your teeth and is often recommended. "Mouthwash" is garbage, though, you're right.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
If you're shaving your face: shaving cream. It's useless and makes it more likely that you'll get a shaving cut. I just use warm water, my safety razor, and that's it!

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
High flouride content like ACT is actually good for you before you brush. Bleach is also necesary if you want to have a bathroom that is not a disgusting cesspit.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. It actually washes the fluoride from the toothpaste away and causes more harm than good.
I actually asked my dentist about this, and she said it doesn't really matter, as rinsing washes away the fluoride anyway. So it basically amounts to six on one, half-dozen on the other.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If y'all had bidets installed in every toilet like an actually civilized country then global toilet paper usage would be cut in like half

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually asked my dentist about this, and she said it doesn't really matter, as rinsing washes away the fluoride anyway. So it basically amounts to six on one, half-dozen on the other.

You are supposed to spit after brushing your teeth and thats it. Why would you rinse the fluoride away?

OP
OP
Cow

Cow

Oct 25, 2017

Are you suggesting you are rinsing with water after brushing? This is the behaviour of a crazy person.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
If you're shaving your face: shaving cream. It's useless and makes it more likely that you'll get a shaving cut. I just use warm water, my safety razor, and that's it!
I don't like shaving foam, but shaving with just water is way more likely to result in razorburn in my experience.

Shaving soap with a brush is the best and cheaper solution I've found.