• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe this wasn't unlocked this morning. I want to play now. :(

jml

Mar 9, 2018
SO PUMPED to dive back into these babies!
As good as Tiberian Sun / Red Alert 2 were, it always felt to me that they lost some of the magic of the first games. Weird I know. Did anyone else feel the same?
Red Alert 1 has a very specific type of charm to me that isn't quite in any of the other games. I still absolutely love RA2 though and if they remaster that it'll be another day 1 purchase for me.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
rift S still out of stock...
/sigh

I'm starting to think i should save for index or pro vive...

Also between beat saber /VR actions games and ring fit which is harder on the stamina? ring fit is killing me.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
/sigh

Also between beat saber /VR actions games and ring fit which is harder on the stamina? ring fit is killing me.
Depends on the VR game you are playing, but I think this is the wrong topic ;-)

Still no reviews for this collection? What is EA hiding??!!! /s

Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
you say that sarcastically but I am indeed waiting for reviews/first impressions because i literally can't believe EA would sell one of their IP without shoving some sort of weird stuff for recurrent spending.

EA burned me before.
Waiting for reviews - or even better use impressions - is always good advice. I mean with Steam you could always refund if you pre-ordered, but why make it more complicated?

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

This tweet broke embargo, and the article isn't there yet, but calling it 'The best remaster' is certainly a promising start.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
/sigh

Ring fit IMO. Beat Saber is mainly cardio - lots of fun though. Ring fit has cardio with the jogging parts, but then bodystrength type exercises too. Gets me way more worn out more quickly than beat saber

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

This tweet broke embargo, and the article isn't there yet, but calling it 'The best remaster' is certainly a promising start.

when is embargo?
when is the game unlocking?
Any chance of this coming to ipad now it has mouse support? (or would steam streaming work with ipad mice?)

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
when is embargo?
when is the game unlocking?
Any chance of this coming to ipad now it has mouse support? (or would steam streaming work with ipad mice?)
The embargo is almost certainly the same time as release in two hours.

Also apparently iOS Steam Link does support mouse, so you should be good there.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Regarding the "German" version and Audio:
https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/command-and-conquer-remastered-in-deutschland-uncut,3357096.html

It's uncut now, including some missing scenes and no longer Androids instead of Humans. I think I remember that they mentioned, that they did not record new lines, so they'll still talk about Androids and not Soldiers or whatever they did in the international version (cutscenes).

Review Embargo will most likely drop with the release? so it would be 7pm (CEST), maybe earlier, but it doesn't look that way.

Apr 19, 2018
Germany
Regarding the "German" version and Audio:
https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/command-and-conquer-remastered-in-deutschland-uncut,3357096.html

It's uncut now, including some missing scenes and no longer Androids instead of Humans. I think I remember that they mentioned, that they did not record new lines, so they'll still talk about Androids and not Soldiers or whatever they did in the international version (cutscenes).

Review Embargo will most likely drop with the release? so it would be 7pm (CEST), maybe earlier, but it doesn't look that way.

This is great, the german VO will give me that extra nostalgia haha.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To say the least 😆 I must admit, I'm still flabbergasted at the existence of Grim Fandango Remastered and its far and wide propagation, considering the condition it was in before the Remaster.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
~90 minutes till I get to relieve a big part of my childhood. Playing the original C&C online with my friends on my crappy 56K modem was my first real experience with online multiplayer, and Red Alert had me hooked for months on end. Cannot wait to delve back into this, and all the wealth of extra content.

Awesome thread OP!

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
For $20, easy impulse buy.

Acting on instinct, if you will (hehehe.)

Went with the Steam version. I like Oracle enough to keep it installed all the time, and I tend towards buying games on the publishers platform. Something didn't feel great about buying it on Origin, though. EA should do like GOG and let us have keys that activate on both services.

soul

Oct 27, 2017
The OG C&C was my very first PC game, ever, as a kid. I still remember the day my dad gave me the game as a gift. Really made me get into RTS games afterwards (Dune, Starcraft, Warcraft, AoE, etc.). I will definitely buy the remaster for nostalgia sake.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just waiting to see some reviews but looking forward to this. Though my biggest memory is playing Red Alert Retaliation with my mates on PS1 system link!

Deleted member 2317

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Though my biggest memory is playing Red Alert Retaliation with my mates on PS1 system link!
Likewise! I remember being amazed at the time really. Many hours spent on that and making maps in the Starcraft battle map editor, and Duke Nukem 3D expansion packs.

LMAO some funny shit to remember to be fair.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I loved it, having our own custom rules and making the game drop to sub 1fps...great times!

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Just waiting to see some reviews but looking forward to this. Though my biggest memory is playing Red Alert Retaliation with my mates on PS1 system link!

Same, myself and a friend had just moved into our first flat together and we could barely afford furniture, what we did have though were ps1's with system links set up on the floor.

Deleted member 2317

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Already loving the mods popping up on the Steam Workshop 😁 PC gamers warm the heart often with their dedication to modification and restoration efforts.