• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Thanks for all the kind words for the OT everyone :)

Is this going to run Origin in the background? I don't see the usual warning on Enhanced Steam for that sort of thing. Just the EULA registration.

As I understand it this runs entirely on Steam (or Origin if you buy it there.)

Last edited:

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Is this going to run Origin in the background? I don't see the usual warning on Enhanced Steam for that sort of thing. Just the EULA registration.
Only for MP and it's not like normal logins think of it like the original WC3 login without bnet or like the old battlefield games on steam which just ask for a login and that's all.

spinalscratch

Nov 2, 2017
Fuck im so ready for this. It still seems to good to be true.
Fingers crossed its not super buggy and we get decent online playing.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
Sorry, I had to !

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO ACT IF WE WANT TO LIVE IN A DIFFERENT WORLD

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm keeping an eye on this thread as I finish typing relevant words for an article going live at Ars Technica tomorrow. If you have questions that appear to be unanswered by EA's own ads/YT vids, ping me, especially if they're nitty-gritty stuff. Just be warned, I can't answer them today. Not until the Tiberian Sun has risen.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Man its already here tomorrow really great OT. Uzzy
Can't wait to dive in and hear all that remastered Klepacki music, act on instinct, hell march, just do it up oh man its gonna be great.
Really hope EA take notice of the audience it still has if they want to give another shot at a new one, preferably with Petroglyph at the helm.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Been some time, that I've actually looked forward to a release that much for a week and it's only a remaster. C&C was one of my first "big" PC games, I switched really late from my Amiga CD32+SX-1 to PC gaming ;) Played and loved Dune 2 already and with C&C I totally fell in love with the genre. So far it looks like they really did a nice job, Map Editor, Steam Workshop, nice extras, great communication in advance to the release, today the sweet video with Joe Kucan. Damn, I hope the work day will be fine, I'll "use" the time to better download the game during those hours.

And I watched the trailer for Red Alert or Alarmstufe Rot in German like 1000 times back then, wasn't it already included with the first game back then? Not sure anymore:
www.youtube.com

Command & Conquer - Alarmstufe Rot - Trailer

Der Alarmstufe Rot Trailer von der Command & Conquer SVGA Version.

The german version(s) were cut/changed back then, like the scene with Hitler was removed and Soldiers were Androids...crazy times. Guess it could be strange/mixed up if you select the german version with the Remaster, as it's "uncut" now, but of course they didn't re-record everything in German for this Remaster. Also I'm sure I never played/saw the console content, so I'm looking forward to that.

Last edited:

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Man its already here tomorrow really great OT. Uzzy
Can't wait to dive in and hear all that remastered Klepacki music, act on instinct, hell march, just do it up oh man its gonna be great.
Really hope EA take notice of the audience it still has if they want to give another shot at a new one, preferably with Petroglyph at the helm.
By new one you mean "retcon C&C 4 out of existence" , surely?

Oct 25, 2017
Great OT.
Man as weird as it sounds, I'm gonna miss the install process. C&C was the only game I can remember that did something cool with it lol.
I don't even know if I'm going to play all of it, but this is one of those games that just makes me happy to own.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Anyone else on here enjoyed the EVA installer so much that you'd uninstall and reinstall it regularly just because it was so cool?
I certainly did. And I miss those days.
mit was like something out of a movie.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
2 things.

1. I hope when you launch the game you have to install it using the original installer.

2. I hope if this does well they remaster C&C 3 and the expansion.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I accidentally bought the Origin version from Humble a few days ago because there was a small sale. I had completely forgotten that they were releasing a Steam-native version.

Humble still hasn't responded to my request for a refund.
Anyone else on here enjoyed the EVA installer so much that you'd uninstall and reinstall it regularly just because it was so cool?
I certainly did. And I miss those days.
mit was like something out of a movie.
I totally did that. I remember how a later version of the series didn't have the installer. I think it was a Windows version? And I didn't like how it looked either, what with the higher resolution instead of the comfy familiar LOW RESOLUTION map. So I installed the DOS version instead.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Damn I had hoped it would unlock at midnight here in Europe. Now I have to wait 18 more hours? Damn :(

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to this. I pre-ordered, which is something I very rarely ever do.

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
2 things.

1. I hope when you launch the game you have to install it using the original installer.

2. I hope if this does well they remaster C&C 3 and the expansion.

Proper HD remaster of Generals first please. Fix the netcode desync and keep the mods compatible and that game will live again like new. It had so many cool big and little things going on!

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it's an exaggeration to say the original C&C's soundtrack is up there with SFII and Diablo's Tristram theme in terms of iconic '90s game music.

avaya

Oct 25, 2017
London
FUCK!.

I am only on fucking integrated graphics at the moment, waiting on Ampere, guess running this at 4K on that isn't gonna cut it.