• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From what I saw from those images last time I'm not that excited to be honest. I know it's a remaster but I would much prefer a full on remake with modern visuals.

Eh fuck all that, REMAKE EMPEROR BATTLE FOR DUNE!

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, what happened to EA?
Burnout Paradise remaster must have sold well. I know, how is an unrelated game in a totally different genre have to do with this? BP was a barometer of EA to see how remasters as a whole/concept would perform financially. Why not start with Dead Space Trilogy or Mass Effect Quadrilogy Remaster? That's just how EA rolls!

They probably hoped BPR would have failed so they had ammunition to deny fans more remasters, but it succeeded to their chagrin and their investors were probably saying to do more of them.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
I hope they release those big boxes as a special collector's edition

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Burnout Paradise remaster must have sold well. I know, how is an unrelated game in a totally different genre have to do with this? BP was a barometer of EA to see how remasters as a whole/concept would perform financially. Why not start with Dead Space Trilogy or Mass Effect Quadrilogy Remaster? That's just how EA rolls!

They probably hoped BPR would have failed so they had ammunition to deny fans more remasters, but it succeeded to their chagrin and their investors were probably saying to do more of them.

What the hell are you taking about? :)

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
I hope they release those big boxes as a special collector's edition

Limited Run Games has you covered.
limitedrungames.com

Limited Run Games

Limited Run Games is the industry-leading publisher and distributor of award winning collector's editions, rare video games, and merchandise for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PS5, PC, and retro consoles. Each Limited Run game is officially licensed, highly collectable, and only printed once...

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully you can toggle the pixelated graphics in the game (like in the Monkey Island remakes), that would be pretty neat. I actually think they look a bit better, or at least more familiar, seeing all the units so clearly is just weird!

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
As someone that missed the original game (joined in RA2) seeing this in HD is very enticing...

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully you can toggle the pixelated graphics in the game (like in the Monkey Island remakes), that would be pretty neat. I actually think they look a bit better, or at least more familiar, seeing all the units so clearly is just weird!
in SP you can toggle between classic and remaster in real time.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Limited Run Games has you covered.
limitedrungames.com

Limited Run Games

Limited Run Games is the industry-leading publisher and distributor of award winning collector's editions, rare video games, and merchandise for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PS5, PC, and retro consoles. Each Limited Run game is officially licensed, highly collectable, and only printed once...

Holy fuck what. They look beautiful.

JediKilla

Banned
Dec 26, 2019

Pretty sure they said you can switch between the two in real time. Which is damn awesome! I'm looking forward to the remastered music!

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
MockUp_Banner_Command_Conquer_SpecialEdition_2_1080x.png

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, i'm really into this. I love the first Command & Conquer. Still my fav RTS, and it'll be lovely to have an updated way to play it. This looks quite promising.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
The remaster looks great judging by the video. Very faithful to the original vibe.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
This is my jam.
I'm really sad that they couldn't find analog sources for the fmv's from the Westwood archives and had to use the super compressed original videos to AI upscale, but other than that this looks great.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
I must say I didn't expect this but it looks really really good. I even like the new graphics and I love the option to switch between the old and new. Price is algo good. It looks too good to be true, I fear EA will manage to fuck it up somehow anyway.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Any UK/ EU collectors edition info tempted by a mammoth tank statute.

You can order from Limited Run Games. I believe they ship to UK/EU

limitedrungames.com

Command & Conquer Remastered Collection: 25th Anniversary Edition (PC)

Command & Conquer and Red Alert defined the RTS genre 25 years ago, and are now both fully remastered in 4k by the former Westwood Studios team members at Petroglyph Games. Includes all three expansion packs, rebuilt multiplayer, a modernized UI , Map Editor, bonus gallery of unreleased FMV...

Oct 25, 2017
The games look absolutely incredible. I don't know that the upscaling works super well in all the cut scenes they've shown so far, but aparently the tapes were in real bad shape so what are you gonna do. Also, some of the cutscenes they show here do look really really great.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
My favorite Strategy games of all time, I can't wait!!

I've played through them all so many times I've lost count, but I'll do it again.

The first time Hell March kicked in when I played Red Alert is still burned into my memory / nostalgia. One of the greatest game/music moments in my life. It lined up so perfectly with what was happening on my screen in the game.

I remember being so excited for the release of Red Alert and rushing home with it to install it. I was 13 (about to turn 14) and had my own "gaming" PC I had got for my 13th birthday the year before (same PC I played the original C&C on).