• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017

It's time for your first in-depth look at the Command & Conquer™ Remastered Collection, featuring both Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert along with their three expansion packs!

Find out how the experts at Petroglyph Games (including some of the key members of the original Westwood Studios team) and Lemon Sky Studios worked closely with the community to create the ultimate C&C experience for original and new fans alike. Not only are these genre-defining games back, but they're also better than ever – and beautiful 4k resolution is only the tip of the Tiberium crystal. From improvements to UI and controls to bringing back the original composer, Frank Klepacki, to remaster seven hours of music (including hidden and unreleased tracks), the C&C Remastered Collection's got it all. Welcome back, Commander.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this does good, because ideally i want Tiberian Sun next.
I also hope my shit arse PC will be able to run the remastered collection. ^^

Holy shit is this a thing?!

Yeah, it's been announced sometime last year that they're working on it. There's a recent thread here even, about the FMVs from the old games.

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Holy shit is this a thing?!
Been a thing for a while now (announced November 2018)...

www.resetera.com

Petroglyph and EA share a sneakpeak of the remastered soundtracks for the C&C and Red Alert remasters, includes the jukebox and a lot of options!

reddit thread I am losing my fucking shit over here. Petroglyph and Frank Klepacki have gone above and beyond the call. The entire soundtrack for both games have been recreated from scratch by Klepacki himself. The remasters will offer the original low quality tracks, the remastered high...

www.resetera.com

Command & Conquer Remaster Updates (First Gameplay Teaser and Website Launch!)

Couldn't see anything pop up on search, and new news means new thread for stuff like this, right? There's a post on the Command & Conquer subreddit with the teaser video... ...and they've launched an updated website with side-by-side comparisons! EDIT - Here's the Youtube vid, thanks...

www.resetera.com

Command & Conquer Remaster—The Quest to Find the FMVs

Something about a video talking about bad quality recordings having combing artifacts is mildly amusing. It's a great story though, well worth the 15 minute runtime.

To be fair, they're not the most popular threads, seeing as RTS games aren't the most popular genre at the mo.

Absolutely psyched for this! ;3

Last edited:

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
I still have my The First Decade collection with the fantastic community-released patches.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
If this is successful I really hope they get around to Command and Conquer Generals! Loved that one!

I'm excited for this too! Will get on Day One!

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Have a lot of faith in this one not being a disappointment like Reforged was.

+Still have the box for this collection in the attic
KjoGvyX.jpg

Last edited:

s1lver

Oct 28, 2017
I hope this does good, because ideally i want Tiberian Sun next.
I also hope my shit arse PC will be able to run the remastered collection. ^^
Yeah, it's been announced sometime last year that they're working on it. There's a recent thread here even, about the FMVs from the old games.
Been a thing for a while now (announced November 2018)...

www.resetera.com

Petroglyph and EA share a sneakpeak of the remastered soundtracks for the C&C and Red Alert remasters, includes the jukebox and a lot of options!

reddit thread I am losing my fucking shit over here. Petroglyph and Frank Klepacki have gone above and beyond the call. The entire soundtrack for both games have been recreated from scratch by Klepacki himself. The remasters will offer the original low quality tracks, the remastered high...

www.resetera.com

Command & Conquer Remaster Updates (First Gameplay Teaser and Website Launch!)

Couldn't see anything pop up on search, and new news means new thread for stuff like this, right? There's a post on the Command & Conquer subreddit with the teaser video... ...and they've launched an updated website with side-by-side comparisons! EDIT - Here's the Youtube vid, thanks...

www.resetera.com

Command & Conquer Remaster—The Quest to Find the FMVs

Something about a video talking about bad quality recordings having combing artifacts is mildly amusing. It's a great story though, well worth the 15 minute runtime.

To be fair, they're not the most popular threads, seeing as RTS games aren't the most popular genre at the mo.

Absolutely psyched for this! ;3

For some reason I only thought this was a fake leak and not something real. I'm dumb.

Anyway, excited about this!

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
sWYnwus.jpg

I really want to play and support these games.

And ireally, really want to see a Red Alert 2 Remaster.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Never really played the originals much as a kid, but after swearing off blizzard and craving some old school rts action, I'm ready to give these a go.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow EA actually doing good by RTS fans?

I'm still waiting for the surprise micro transactions

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
surely it can't be as bad as some other recent remasters ...

surely ..

surely .. right .. ?

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Please be good, I'd love to play these again, don't fuck it up EA. One can hope, right?

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Super excited for this. Hopefully this helps give the series a revival, so Generals 2 can happen. It deserved to happen.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I have looked but can't see if this will also come to consoles. Considering the original was on consoles would it be fair to assume this will be too?
I hope they keep the crazy soundtrack, some of those songs were awesome

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know Red Alert was included in the remaster.

If this sells well, then continue with Tiberian Sun and then Red Alert 2.

Arkhanor

Oct 27, 2017
Recife - Brazil
I'm super excited for this!! Still have my entire C&C collection (First Decade plus some double dips (digital and discs) and the last releases - Red Alert 3, C&C 3 and C&C 4). I hope they do it right.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Never played the original C&C. My first foray into this franchise was Red Alert and I'm excited for the remastered version of that.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait! While I played both games (And tried them again in Open RA) they were a bit too dated for me, I'm excited to try them out in this new format and checking out the campaigns for the first time.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
My hype for this is stratospheric. I cannot wait to see some footage of any kind.

OpenRA gave me too many issues and the AI and other stuff felt off, so I'll just go without until the remaster drops. I can't stress enough though how badly I want them to do TS and RA2 though. I have a fear in the back of my mind that they release these and then never move forward with the next 2 titles.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait.

will buy it day one despite owning multiple copies of all the games. The remaster looks fantastic.