• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
KANE LIVES!

Motherfucker is on Keanu's juice; he barely looks different!

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god, it just hit me that Command and Conquer briefings were just fancy Zoom meetings all along!

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit that dude doesn't look like he's aged a day

Well, he has a little but it doesn't take much touchup to look virtually identical to his old self.

zq50i07.jpg

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I just want to grab a couple of beers with him. Kane must be fantastic at a bar. Probably can convince me to join the Brotherhood of Nod after three... or two beers. Possibly one. At least one surely.

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Uzzy there are some files on the secret web page that might be useful for the OT. There's a 4K wallpaper and two video-only mp4s that could probably be converted to gifs of webps.

edit: actually there's more than that lol. The EVA Installation video can be downloaded and converted to either a gif or a webp too. I think it'd be cool to have it in the OT.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Uzzy there are some files on the secret web page that might be useful for the OT. There's a 4K wallpaper and two video-only mp4s that could probably be converted to gifs of webps.

edit: actually there's more than that lol. The EVA Installation video can be downloaded and converted to either a gif or a webp too. I think it'd be cool to have it in the OT.

Checking those now, and yeah they're very cool looking!

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I was 16 when Kane's face graced my monitor in c&c1. I'm 38 this year and how is it that he looked the same while I look older than him?

Is it the tiberium that caused the de-aging?

Apo

Oct 28, 2017
I still can't believe what a great job EA is doing with this remastered collection. They seem to make all the right decisions. Does management even know that a few employees are making this collection? The budget must be so low that it doesn't appear in any management report.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Just preordered on Steam (yay no Origin needed!)... 25GB is a lot more than I thought it'd be. Can't wait!

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
This might sound a bit odd, but... one of the things about the original Command and Conquer that really stuck in my mind was the install sequence. I wonder if there's any possibility that might be incorporated into the intro video or something for nostalgia's sake, because I've a half-memory that it resonated for a lot of people.

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This might sound a bit odd, but... one of the things about the original Command and Conquer that really stuck in my mind was the install sequence. I wonder if there's any possibility that might be incorporated into the intro video or something for nostalgia's sake, because I've a half-memory that it resonated for a lot of people.
I'm really, really hoping this is the case.

iirc, the Nintendo 64 release of the game had the install sequence at the beginning as a video.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I still can't believe what a great job EA is doing with this remastered collection. They seem to make all the right decisions. Does management even know that a few employees are making this collection? The budget must be so low that it doesn't appear in any management report.

They gave it to Petroglyph. Petroglyph is made up of former Westwood employees.

So you've got Westwood remastering Westwood classics, throwing in whatever old stuff they had left over from the original production as bonuses. with the original composer re-doing the legendary soundrack, and now Joe F-ing Kucan himself doing the launch promo.

It's literally the smartest thing EA has done in terms of their legacy IPs when it comes to pleasing hardcore fans since...... like, ever?

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
YES, literally the best install sequence in any videogame to date. They tried to replicate it with Red Alert, but the magic wasn't quite the same.

This video is awesome. I'd love to have a modern C&C around.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
that sure would be interesting

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
God damnit, I wasn't going to buy the game but just by watching that video...damn, the nostalgia!

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to believe EA doing something right with this franchise after bungling it for so long. Hopefully this does well and leads to a new game.