• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
Some might remember the big Amazon comics sales a few years ago, which had insane discounts. Ever since then sales were mostly 50%/66% off, but the current Comixology Winter Sale is similar to the discounts we had back in the day.

Marvel Masterworks Sale

Marvel Greatest Runs Sale

Marvel 2020 Instant Classics Sale

There's also a DC sale going on, although with not that deep discounts:
DC Holiday Sale! - Graphic Novels I
DC Holiday Sale! - Graphic Novels II

Post any recommedations, I personally will stock up on some Spider-Man Masterworks.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
Anything good in that Marvel 2020 sale for someone who hasn't read comics since 2004? Open to pretty much any character

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was just wondering why I hadn't seen any of those ridiculous Marvel Comixology sales in a while.

What are some of the stand outs for this sale? It's a sea of stuff.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So random that Doctor Aphra Vol. 7 is on sale but none of the prior ones. And Zdarsky's Daredevil Vol. 3/4 but not 1, 2 or 5.

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Immortal Hulk run finished up yet or is it still ongoing? I've really been wanting to read it and am waiting for a cheapish way

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if you can tell when stuff will be headed to Unlimited? I wanted to read some older Star Wars stuff but it's not on unlimited (like the later Doctor Aphra volumes).

Oct 27, 2017
Looking for really quality stories, or unique art styles. No particular character preferences. Sell me on something?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Looking for really quality stories, or unique art styles. No particular character preferences. Sell me on something?

Daredevil by Bendis

Fantastic Four & FF (this is all one story) by Hickman

two opposite stories - one is down in the streets, gritty about one man and his flaws

one is up in the cosmos and beyond, hopeful and focusing on a family

both are incredible 10/10

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force Vol 1 and 2 for only 10 bucks is phenomenal. Get it.

jimtothehum

Mar 23, 2018
I will be monitoring this thread for recommendations. Not just for storylines, but for great artists.

Oct 27, 2017
Daredevil by Bendis

Fantastic Four & FF (this is all one story) by Hickman

two opposite stories - one is down in the streets, gritty about one man and his flaws

one is up in the cosmos and beyond, hopeful and focusing on a family

both are incredible 10/10

I picked up (I think) the entirety of that saga a couple years ago, not sure I ever finished it. The one that like interweaves FF with New Avengers and shit, right?

I never had much interest in the Daredevil character but that particular one has been recommended so many times I can cave.

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Comixology would update their sale listing page. I don't want to go through 50 pages where each page has the same book with different volumes (and I also don't want single issues grouped in with collections).

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Motherfucker I was trying to save money!

Was going to ask what Daredevil recommendations you all had, but I see the Bendis one mentioned already. What about the Brubaker run? Which one is first canon wise? Also anything that stands out on the DC side?

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
Motherfucker I was trying to save money!

Was going to ask what Daredevil recommendations you all had, but I see the Bendis one mentioned already. What about the Brubaker run? Which one is first canon wise?

Miller --> Bendis -> Brubaker -> Waid

In terms of release order. The Miller ones are _a little_ dated but are still great. I am not 100% sure but I think that chronologically each run is self contained.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought:

Agents of Atlas: Pandemonium
Star Wars: Doctor Aphra Vol. 7
Daredevil Vol. 3 and 4 by Chip Zdarsky
Daredevil Ultimate Collection 1, 2, 3 by Bendis and Maleev

How's Ed Brubaker's run of 3 volumes of Daredevil?

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does it make more sense to grab all of the ASM Masterworks here, or just sub to Marvel Unlimited?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
OP
OP
Garou

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
Bump to remind everyone that the sale is only on for another day or so.

My haul:
CYS6TxG.png

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting the first ten years of Chris Claremont's Uncanny X-Men run for like $30 is pretty baller.

But more important than that is Death's Head.

Last edited:

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
went back and bought like all the X-Men ones and several Amazing Spidy. I think I've spent like $50 so far.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the reminder OP!

Grabbed the X-men Masterworks and the Widow collection

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
I've bought so many comics over the last week in this sale...

Currently making my way through Lee and Ditko's Spider-Man run, on vol. 4. Can't wait to make my way through x-men, cap, daredevil, and more!

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone know if you can tell when stuff will be headed to Unlimited? I wanted to read some older Star Wars stuff but it's not on unlimited (like the later Doctor Aphra volumes).
All new comics hit unlimited three months after release, so any ongoing Star Wars including Aphra should be three months behind on Unlimited. It used to be six (marvel has seemed to want day and date like gamepass for comics but the six month wait was to placate LCS) but used covid to shorten it to three months.
Does it make more sense to grab all of the ASM Masterworks here, or just sub to Marvel Unlimited?
Unlimited is 10 dollars a month and has the entire Spider-Man run of amazing, plus most other books of his. It's really a question of ownership in this case. Need to make sure to "have" it, sure at these prices scoop them up. But if you just care about reading I find Unlimited to be the better deal. It's got a large amount of the Back Catalog, everything new since the digital era should be on there, and they are always filling gaps. Only question is occasionally characters with weird rights issues or some of the British stuff is lacking like someone mentioned Deaths Head, nothing there. None of the Conan stuff even though they got the license back (except for savage avengers pretty sure that's up).

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Didn't buy much:
Black Widow Waid & Samnee Complete
X-Men Hickman Vol 1
Silver Surfer Masterworks Vol 1 & 2
Marvel The End Complete
Hedra (From the Image Comics Sale)

Even though I have the single issues from the Black Panther sale last year I was tempted to get the Collected Editions of the Ta-Nehisi Coates run.

Last edited: