• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
The big question is if they added controller support to the Shadowrun PC games.

Unfortunately I haven't read anything about them doing so. And given that it's a Paradox game they always give the big finger to their PC versions when they have fully functional controller interfaces in their console releases.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Is Total War Three Kingdoms a good Total War game to start on (does it have most of the newest QOL etc) and is it a good Three Kingdoms game (I know next to nothing about China's history)
It's a fantastic game to start with. It has the best QOL of a Total War game, and the emergent story telling is excellent. They also built systems to avoid the middle-to-late game ending up being a slog. Imo the best Total War game ever released. The only negative would be some lack of unit variety between factions.

Jamesbuc

Dec 29, 2018
Eh. A big heap of shrug for me. I will note I see Last Stop in the leaving soon section so maybe I should finally bring myself to play through it.

The lack of a surprise indie or two is a bit disappointing. (And yes I know Omori released but I cant bring myself to play through something like that subject and tone-wise at the moment. Don't think I'm quite up for anything like that right now).

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I think I'll start with the first Shadowrun even if it's not as strong as the others. Good idea?

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Why did they not include OMORI? Like hello?

I'm in for Shadowrun, but that's it for me.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
With Shadowrun, I recommend beginning with the best one: Dragonfall, and then doing Hong Kong (which is only a little less good and some people prefer it actually) afterwards if you still need more Shadowrun. And then doing the original if you still need more Shadowrun after that.

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
The big question is if they added controller support to the Shadowrun PC games.

Unfortunately I haven't read anything about them doing so. And given that it's a Paradox game they always give the big finger to their PC versions when they have fully functional controller interfaces in their console releases.
The games are also 32-bit only (which was a weird choice for games coming out in the early 00s; 64-bit was pretty widespread at that point).

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
The lack of a surprise indie or two is a bit disappointing. (And yes I know Omori released but I cant bring myself to play through something like that subject and tone-wise at the moment. Don't think I'm quite up for anything like that right now).

You not wanting to play it doesnt mean there wasnt one. Omori is a big surprise indie get the same way (and probably fits the "surprise" part better than anything else before since it basically popped out of nowhere with little fanfare). Plus, TMNT is getting great scores all around, so how doesnt it count either

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a fantastic game to start with. It has the best QOL of a Total War game, and the emergent story telling is excellent. They also built systems to avoid the middle-to-late game ending up being a slog. Imo the best Total War game ever released. The only negative would be some lack of unit variety between factions.
Thanks , I'll check it out, been meaning to try the series out. Just didn't want to jump in with the wrong game, think its boring and then write off the series for years before trying it again.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
More Total war coming to PC pass is cool, not super fussed on the others. Already completed Far Cry 5 and I don't care for football games.

If the GP version of Bladepoint has the campaign mode, I might give that a go though.

Captainslow

Dec 3, 2020
Three Kingdoms might just be the best Total War game.

Also looking forward to playing FC5 and FIFA22 without specifically paying for them.

RE: Three Kingdoms....is it the best "new-to-Total-War" game for people to learn? I have most of the games in the series, never played them at all, but really want to give Warhammer 2 and 3 a go. They feel very open ended games and I'm very much a "tutorial --> single player campaign/story/narrative" person so I haven't felt like there's been a good place to jump in to experience that.

point decay

Oct 27, 2017
I remember playing Shadowrun, but so long ago I cant tell if it was good or not. the others are a little meh

Jamesbuc

Dec 29, 2018
You not wanting to play it doesnt mean there wasnt one. Omori is a big surprise indie get the same way (and probably fits the "surprise" part better than anything else before since it basically popped out of nowhere with little fanfare). Plus, TMNT is getting great scores all around, so how doesnt it count either

Well I meant more specifically new reveals today. Without those two on the list it does leave things looking more sparse than it really should.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Played the insider test on Xbox for Naraka, it's a really fun take on BR's.

The combat and movement is amazing and pairs really well with controller, however the UI is very clunky to use at the moment and that's probably the biggest issue right now. Cant wait to hop back in for more tonight.

Jul 26, 2018
20211018-The18-Image-England-Fans-GettyImages-1328197730.jpeg

Finally some fakin footy

I don't know what to think of this picture, and I've been staring at it for a minute :/

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
RE: Three Kingdoms....is it the best "new-to-Total-War" game for people to learn? I have most of the games in the series, never played them at all, but really want to give Warhammer 2 and 3 a go. They feel very open ended games and I'm very much a "tutorial --> single player campaign/story/narrative" person so I haven't felt like there's been a good place to jump in to experience that.

Yes, I would say it is one of the best entry points to the series.

The whole franchise is by it's very nature a very open and player driven experience, but Three Kingdoms does a good job of weaving a narrative into the middle.

AvianAviator

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Jun 23, 2021
Far Cry 5 is cool, overall it's been a disappointing month and a half for me though.

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
Is anyone else not able to start game pass games? When I look at the game pass app it says 'join ultimate' but I checked in account and my membership is still active. Guess there's an outage again.

Oct 27, 2017
It's actually been a very decent month for Game Pass this month but it's very odd how they put out the Game Pass announcement this week, (when there are less games to advertise), when they should have made the post last week (when they could have included Turtles and Omori).

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Today I learned FIFA version on PC are crap. No crossplay with consoles and they are the "last-gen" versions....
EA why? I was excited to play with my friends, this is bullcrap.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Today I learned FIFA version on PC are crap. No crossplay with consoles and they are the "last-gen" versions....

It's a time honored tradition dating back decades for EA to release last gen versions of their sports games on PC.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
You'd think with the lack of first party this year that MS would actually put some more effort into Game Pass this year. Guess not.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
I wished Farcry 5 had a 60fps patch like Ubisoft did with AC Origins & Odyssey.

FPS boost is good but you also lose a lot of the resolution. The rest of this GP list is not that great outside of Shadowrun and Naraka but TMNT & Omori were also this month so those boosted it.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
No, this is only the case for maybe the first 2 releases in a new console gen. After that, they are the same as the console releases and generally look and perform better.