• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
User banned (3 days): Trolling; long history of antagonism and trolling in Game Pass related threads
Free if you already have game pass.

Oh? Do people think of that as free, though, if you have to pay for something first? I think someone said something about free games on PS Plus the other day that I asked about and never got an answer. Okay then, I thought people had some line to getting free subs or something. You can get close with points, but you end up short for some months.

elbageluno

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 4, 2022
Oh? Do people think of that as free, though, if you have to pay for something first? I think someone said something about free games on PS Plus the other day that I asked about and never got an answer. Okay then, I thought people had some line to getting free subs or something. You can get close with points, but you end up short for some months.

I mean its kind of like the lightbulb in your house. Its free to flip the switch and turn it on. It is not free to have electricity in your house.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
Welcome to five years ago, where we had this conversation numerous times and then eventually agreed that everyone knows what we're talking about and that being pedantic was neither clever nor fun.

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021
I'll maybe jump in to AC Origins and give Chorvs a try but that's probably it from this set of additions. Didn't get too far in Origins so it'll be fresh for me and seems like timings will line up for the 60fps update as that seems to be coming any day yet.

But yeah, looks as though if there are any big hitters coming, they'll announce those on the 12th. That's fine by me, still not gotten to various titles that have arrived earlier this year like Weird West, LiS: True Colors, Paradise Killer and Umurangi Generation. I am hoping for some big games, either AAA or indie, from their showcase though.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
LOL, I just bought Chorus during the latest sale on an impulse but then refunded it the next day because I realized I could have better used the money elsewhere. Worked out for me :P

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I mean its kind of like the lightbulb in your house. Its free to flip the switch and turn it on. It is not free to have electricity in your house.

I guess? I don't really think of it like that, though. I'm still paying for the electric and lightbulb lol so I never think of electricity as free. Or how I don't think of movies/shows as 'free' on The Cock or HBO Max because I still have a pay a sub to watch them. When I think free, I think something given to you without any money exchanged.

Interesting that some people don't think of it the same way. I'll keep that in mind when I see people talking about free games. Maybe it's a cultural/regional way of speaking

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
So for someone who has played like 2 hours of asscreed 2 at most should I give Origins a try? just yesterday I was thinking how much I would like to try the Ninja Gaiden series, I don't have the best reflexes but might as well hate myself for a few hours.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Nothing here to get me to resub at the moment, but it looks like more stuff is gonna come during the presser so maybe something there for me. Regardless I hope this means the Origins patch is on the way as I have been waiting to get back to it until that comes.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Welcome to five years ago, where we had this conversation numerous times and then eventually agreed that everyone knows what we're talking about and that being pedantic was neither clever nor fun.

Well, clearly I didn't, otherwise I wouldn't have asked would I? But at least I had someone explain it without being whiny and condescending while adding nothing of note. But thanks for the welcome!

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
So for someone who has played like 2 hours of asscreed 2 at most should I give Origins a try? just yesterday I was thinking how much I would like to try the Ninja Gaiden series, I don't have the best reflexes but might as well hate myself for a few hours.

Origins is the first of their modern open-world AC games. It's definitely different from the titles that preceded it.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Fuuuuuuck yes for Ninja Gaiden! Will be the first time subscribing again to GP since Halo Infinite dropped. Glad I never caved and bought it

Gouf

May 17, 2018
Guess I'll finally play QTE 3... OPS....

I mean Ninja Gaiden 3. (Played 1 and 2 but.... never touched 3 after playing the demo on PS3)
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, the one in the Master Collection, isn't the same as the original Ninja Gaiden 3 and has heavily reworked combat and significantly less QTEs.

pete_clarf

Oct 25, 2017

I haven't had to pay for GamePass in over a year. There are plenty of opportunities to get points. At least in the US. But I guess, technically, I can't redeem points without electricity or wi-fi or phone data that I have to pay for. I could use the wi-fi at my job, but need to buy gas to get here. I could try walking to work, but it's pretty far and I'd probably get weak and need to buy something to eat. I guess nothing is free :(

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Of course it will, why wouldn't it? Odyssey did. It even got a res increase over the One S version!
Well I have faith it would, bc it's primarily a CPU related issue from last gen which XSS has power in spades. I just don't recall them mentioning it explicitly. Thats all

number8888

Oct 27, 2017

It's "free" because there's no additional cost for anyone that already signed up for Gamepass which is already paid for. Technially it's more like a bonus/perk.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I haven't had to pay for GamePass in over a year. There are plenty of opportunities to get points. At least in the US. But I guess, technically, I can't redeem points without electricity or wi-fi or phone data that I have to pay for. I could use the wi-fi at my job, but need to buy gas to get here. I could try walking to work, but it's pretty far and I'd probably get weak and need to buy something to eat. I guess nothing is free :(

How are you getting enough points? After the gutting a month or two back, I feel like I don't just get that much from playing games anymore. Is there actually enough doing the other stuff? Like searches and whatnot?

Frieza

Oct 25, 2017
It says this at the bottom of the Xbox Wire article. It's to be expected though they always do shadow drops at their showcases.

We're not done for June, so keep an eye on The Wire or PC and Xbox Game Pass Twitter and Instagram for more games, more release dates, and possibly a few surprises now and again. We'll see you on June 12 for the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase, and back here soon! Cheers!

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Seems like they're cleverly keeping the June 12th games hidden for the showcase. They usually have two weeks worth of games yet conspicuously stop at the 12th. Game Pass shadow drops are a given tbh

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Almost bought Master Ninja Collectio, thx for saving me the money and taking GP money instead.
Chorvs is a great game I shall finish someday I have 7-10h to do so.
Oh, and if AC:O has the vaunted 60fps patch, that'd be a great month.

Oct 28, 2017
Huh, I was sure the next announcement would be next week as its still May and they usually do it in the first and third Tuesday of the month. Not a terrible selection at all but in sure it will get even better on the 12th