• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
TW_Available-Today_Coming-Soon_templates_3.3.2021_6_JPG.jpg

Coming Soon

Madden NFL 21 (Console) EA Play – Available now!

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members can now go all out as Madden NFL 21 joins The Play List with EA Play. Packed with fresh new features and innovative gameplay enhancements, Madden NFL 21 delivers new levels of ingenuity and control developed to inspire creativity on and off the field. Active members can play as much as they want, whenever they want, plus score 3 Gold Team Fantasy MUT Packs every month!

Football Manager 2021 (PC) – March 4
Manage the club you love and compete for the biggest prizes in the game as you cement your legacy as one of the managerial greats. Dropped into a living and breathing footballing world, you'll sign wonderkids and develop them to their full potential by crafting a tactical strategy designed to play to their strengths. With more than 2,000 clubs waiting for you to lead them to glory, where will you take your first step towards managerial greatness?

Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition (Console and PC) – March 4
Experience the drama and excitement of the world's most popular football management simulation as it returns to the biggest stage. Take in the spectacle of matchdays in the 3D match engine or use the "Instant Result" option to skip straight to the full-time whistle and speed up your progress through the season. Alternatively, go head-to-head against your mates for the ultimate bragging rights in one of several online modes.

NBA 2K21 (Cloud and Console) – March 4
NBA 2K21 continues to push the boundaries as the most authentic, realistic basketball video game experience. Enjoy best-in-class gameplay and one-of-a-kind immersion into all facets of NBA basketball and basketball culture. Ascend from high school to college ball on your way to the League in MyCareer, or build your greatest collection of the latest NBA stars and legendary ballers in MyTeam to compete against other ferocious collectors around the world. Jump in now and find out why in NBA 2K21, everything is game.

Star Wars: Squadrons (Console) EA Play – Coming in March
Master the art of starfighter combat in the authentic piloting experience Star Wars: Squadrons. Feel the adrenaline of first-person multiplayer space dogfights alongside your squadron and buckle up in a thrilling Star Wars story.

NHL 21 (Console) EA Play – Coming in April
Carve your path to superstardom in an expanded Be A Pro mode and go down as one of the league's greatest. On the ice, change up your attack with all new moves, dekes, dangles and evasive maneuvers, inspired by the league's most groundbreaking innovators.

In Case You Missed It

Cricket 19 (PC) – Available now

The official game of the 2019 Ashes Championship is the complete cricket simulation. Featuring a suite of exciting, all-new features that add even greater depth and rich new content to Big Ant Studios' acclaimed cricket engine. Tackle historical scenarios for classic matches through the ages, develop the career of a junior right through to national captaincy. Participate in the fully licensed Ashes Cricket mode or lead your nation to the greatest world championship in the classic 50-over one day mode.

Elite Dangerous (Cloud) – Available now
Take control of your own starship in a cutthroat galaxy. Elite Dangerous is the definitive massively multiplayer space epic, bringing gaming's original open world adventure to the modern generation with a connected galaxy, evolving narrative and the entirety of the Milky Way re-created at its full galactic proportions.

DLC / Game Updates

Control DLC Sale – Available until March 8

Xbox Game Pass members can save 50% off The Foundation and AWE expansions or 35% off the Season Pass for Control until March 8, bringing new story content and side missions as well as weapons and mods.

Gears 5: Operations 6 DLC Bundle – Available now
Xbox Game Pass members can save 10% and gear up for Operation 6 with the new Gears 5 Operation 6 DLC bundle, which unlocks Hoffman, Queen Reyna, the Zealot, plus lots of extras. Honor the heroes of Gears in Operation 6 with these new characters, a fresh multiplayer map, renewed Tour of Duty and more!

Minecraft: The Mountain – Available now
Get your free Minecraft: The Mountain adventure map in the Minecraft Marketplace today. A thrilling adventure map inspired by the all-new novel from best-selling author Max Brooks. Explore the world featured in the book, complete games and challenges and unlock a surprise reward. The novel, Minecraft: The Mountain is available now!

JCADX

Oct 29, 2017
Not a good month if you don´t like sports games. SW Squadrons the only exception.

nareik

Mar 25, 2019
Anyone know whatever happened to EA Play coming to Game Pass PC? Was due at the end of last year and then it just never seemed to happen...

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We already knew about the EA offerings, I was hoping for something else this month.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty meh for me. Don't really care about the sports titles. Happy for those who like them though, i have no doubts this is popular for a lot of users.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
all huge gets. Next-gen Madden is actually pretty good surprisingly enough. It's much better than it was last-gen.
NHL 21, also pretty damn good.

Very curious to see how they've adapted FM on console but it being available on PC too is pretty damn big.

I know most of era doesn't like sports games, but there's tons of ppl outside this bubble who do like them.

Oct 27, 2017
I will say Squadrons is a good add.
Lots of sports, but I know FM is a big deal for many. Solid if you like sports, otherwise, here's hoping to more balance in batch 2 of march

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK
Era isn't really the target audience for the sports games, but imagine they will be quite popular.

I'll probably give football manager a go at least, been a while since I've played.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
Anyone know whatever happened to EA Play coming to Game Pass PC? Was due at the end of last year and then it just never seemed to happen...

Been wondering what happened to that, they kinda went radio silent on that feature.

They literally updated us in December that it's coming in 2021.

news.xbox.com

Update on EA Play: Coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC in 2021 - Xbox Wire

When we originally set out to write this blog post, which would announce the availability of EA Play on PC with Xbox Game Pass, it looked a little bit different. Unfortunately, what had been a celebratory post is now one asking for a little more patience: We made the decision to delay until 2021...

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Is this a weird EA/Sports based announcement?

All of the games are for this Thursday (the 4th) other than Madden (already available), Squadrons ('coming in March') and NHL ('coming in April') adn three out of the five are EA Play games, that aren't even available for regular Game Pass folks without another sub.

The usual rollout is games for the next two weeks. We getting another announcement for next week's games?

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
They usually confirm the next 2 weeks from what I've seen so the 11th seems a bit empty for now? Part of me wants to hope it has to do with Bethesda :P

Lotta nice sports stuff though.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
so it's last gen 2k? and next gen still gonna be listed at $70???
LMAO

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a weird EA/Sports based announcement?

All of the games are for this Thursday (the 4th) other than Madden (already available), Squadrons ('coming in March') and NHL ('coming in April') adn three out of the five are EA Play games, that aren't even available for regular Game Pass folks without another sub.

The usual rollout is games for the next two weeks. We getting another announcement for next week's games?

Maybe? The URL is the first time I've seen them mark them as "waves"

news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/03/coming-soon-xbox-game-pass-march-wave-1-2021/

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Why would they list NHL when it's over a month away? They must really have wanted symmetry in that pic.

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
I wonder if they're waiting for the Bethesda deal to close to announce those legacy titles.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this isn't the actual list for the next 2 weeks and they are just helping EA Access get some free PR. This is a horrible trend/value shift for gamepass if so.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I'm literally waiting for my Series X from All Access in the post and pretty stoked I'll be able to jam some NBA and NHL when I get it.