• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Aren't more game's leaving this month? Specifically on 16th Feb

Control
Medium
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
Codevein
The Falconeer
Project Winter

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm sure I know the answer, but how "beginner friendly" is Total War Warhammer 3? As someone with virtually no RTS experience, would I be able to get anything out of that game?

AustinJ

Jul 18, 2018
The Super Mega Baseball games are great! Legit excited to play the third one. Will also play a season of Madden. Not the worst month for me.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Weak second half but, honestly, probably for the best. Elden Ring and Horizon are both coming out in this half of the month. I wouldn't be surprised if Next Month's second half of Gamepass is similarly meh.

Putzballs

Nov 5, 2017
I won't be on gamepass come Feb 25 anyway.

Elden Ring is going to consume months of play. I should really cancel gamepass for a couple of months

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
The 980ti shouldn't have any problem at all running the game. GPU "power/brute force" wise it actually hits the "recommended" GPU requirement. I think that's a 1660ti, which the 980ti keeps pace with at worse.
Ah, okay. I suppose coupled with my 5600x CPU, I'd be good.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure I know the answer, but how "beginner friendly" is Total War Warhammer 3? As someone with virtually no RTS experience, would I be able to get anything out of that game?
Total War games are as easy or hard as you want them to be. You just need to make sure your armies have a variety of units.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll give Madden a roll. It's been a few years

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Aren't more game's leaving this month? Specifically on 16th Feb

Control
Medium
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
Codevein
The Falconeer
Project Winter

Yeah, those games were part of the announcement before the beginning of the month. The mid-month announcement tells you which games are leaving at the end of the month.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Yeah, gonna get WH3 from this. I still had steam balance, but it's gonna be a while for mortal empires anyway.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Are the PC madden games still vastly inferior versions compared to the console versions?

Oct 27, 2017
People in here complaining that it is weak is mind-boggling to me. Have you seen how much stuff is on Game Pass these days? They could release nothing for a few months and it would still be acceptable given how much stuff they've added lately/

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
People in here complaining that it is weak is mind-boggling to me. Have you seen how much stuff is on Game Pass these days? They could release nothing for a few months and it would still be acceptable given how much stuff they've added lately/

Factually you are correct, but you know how human brains work. We want new shiny things all the time.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Weak second half but, honestly, probably for the best. Elden Ring and Horizon are both coming out in this half of the month. I wouldn't be surprised if Next Month's second half of Gamepass is similarly meh.

I'm sure Xbox console users are thinking about playing horizon.. oh wait.

As many dislike souls games, this is also no excuses for basically adding zero new console games. Only new stuff being stuff EA is adding to EA play.

MS all in on PC, been months like this, but this time it's super obvious.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Considering their hasn't been many new game releases, I can understand why this has been a weak month. Can't add anything new if nothing is coming out.

That doesn't make sense. There are tons of great already-released games that they could add.

What? This thread is literally about this two-week drop. We praised the hell out of the service last month. And now this month, we assess the offering for February as weak. Why wouldn't we give an honest review of the month?

JimD

Aug 17, 2018

A lot of people sub for a month when something they want to play drops, then let it lapse. They're not saying "Game Pass as a service is bad." They're saying, "This month's offerings arent anything I'm even remotely interested in playing."

Personally, this month's console additions are some of the worst I've seen in a couple years. So what? I still have a ton of games to play on GP. It doesn't mean anything more than it's a month that let's me catch up.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
I'm sure Xbox console users are thinking about playing horizon.. oh wait.

As many dislike souls games, this is also no excuses for basically adding zero new console games. Only new stuff being stuff EA is adding to EA play.

MS all in on PC, been months like this, but this time it's super obvious.
I mean, I don't care all that much about Horizon, but I wouldn't want to release a game in the same weak as that AND Elden Ring, which is an incredibly hyped game that also seems to be the most accessible version of a series that people are interested in. The point of putting games on game pass is for people to play them and the culutural conversation is likely to completely skip over them in the next coming weeks.

I dunno what to tell you, it makes sense to me. I said it was weak, so we're on the same side anyway. Game pass isn't just a service for Xbox-Only people, so taking other competitors releases into account isn't incredibly farfetched.

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
Theres so much in the GP backlog that it is not a big deal not to have banger months every month but why in the world do games come in at random times? Why cant they just drop Feb 1 and Feb 15 or something?

I would legit play SMB3 today if it was available

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
Lawnmowing Simulator has been on Series X/S for months, Looks like this is it coming to Xbox One, and Mass Effect coming to cloud. So two new games on Series X. Baseball and American Football. Can't win them all I guess.

The backlog stays the same for now.