• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
I was just thinking about buying Octopath on my Switch the other day too. Thanks Game Pass!

Did Octopath even get announced for the Xbox or did I miss it earlier?

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Octopath Traveler is a nice surprise. Nier on PC though, without the ability to install FAR I don't know how playable it's going to be...

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Seriously wtf
Where did Octopath on Xbox come from?
I'll take it, been in my backlog for a while

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Microsoft buying Nintendo confirmed.

To be honest that is a serious get, I wonder if MS offered Nintendo something for that as I thought the Treehouse did the translation for the game.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
When did Octopath get confirmed for an Xbox release? is this coming to ps4 too?

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
With all the money I save on games thanks to Game Pass, I can just quit my job and play games full time. That's how it works, right?

Also, Octopath on Xbox? Games published by Nintendo rarely end up on other consoles so this is potentially fantastic news. I hate paying Nintendo first party prices.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
It was never broken but it had issues, which are mostly fixed with mods these days. Don't know how nicely they'll play with the game pass version though.
I don't think the main mod will be compatible and yeah, the game was / is broken to an extent. Can it be finished without mods? Yes. Is it a pleasant experience? No.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the FUCK @ Octopath. I had like uh... no clue that was even going on a non-switch console?!

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
Octopath oh shit. That's probably the biggest news on this drop. What's next, FFVII Remake?

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Guess they gonna "officially" announce Octopath for non switch console at the Square event on thursday?

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
With all the money I save on games thanks to Game Pass, I can just quit my job and play games full time. That's how it works, right?

Also, Octopath on Xbox? Games published by Nintendo rarely end up on other consoles so this is potentially fantastic news. I hate paying Nintendo first party prices.
Start streaming stat! It's going to be Clive's Game Pass Emporium. Come all young and old, see the most amazing show on Earth! ;)

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
This month has become ridiculous.

Octopath?! Well, thanks very much for that.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
How did Octopath Traveler get on Xbox but not PlayStation?? This is wild lol.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Octopath was console exclusive to Switch
I don't think Nintendo necessarily get full console exclusives, they just get timed exclusives like everyone else and at that point a lot of the "smaller" titles may not have economical incentive to get ported on other platforms aside from PC, given that late console ports are rarely appealing - unless something like Game Pass comes along and courts them with a nice money deal.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
octopath? nice

and surprise surprise games get added slightly later on PC. just like control, PoE II and outriders will be in a couple of months

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
This will be looked back on as an important month for Game Pass and the solidifying of its place in the market methinks.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Octopath? Well, Xbox owners, enjoy the best OST in an RPG ever. (ok just my favorite one but it's fucking good)