• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Thrilled about getting Falconeer. Almost purchased multiple times since I heard the words "Crimson Sky" in relation to it

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I searched online about and it is 30fps on Xbox One, so it'll play at 30 on Series S too. I didn't know about it, didn't expect such old game to run at 30fps.
Yeah it's 30fps on Series S, because it's 30fps on the One S and Series S BC is only One S, not One X.

60fps only on One X and Series X.

Thanks!

I'm thinking of replaying it and 60fps would be cool, but I'm fine with 30fps.

And for people on the fence, FFXII is very divisive for a variety of reasons. I would say if you enjoy exploring, looking for hidden areas/monsters/equipment and customizing characters and battle strategies, it's a wonderful game. It really shines when it comes to the mechanics. However, if you're looking for great plot and characters, it's not bad, but I think you might not like it if you're not into the good stuff I've just mentioned.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally adding more FF games. Still waiting on 13 though. My brother and I want to play 13 again to see if its as bad as we remembered 🤣

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty great for first half of the month.

I keep getting Project Winter mixed up with some other game. There's a more 3rd person action game where you're in a snowy area, and you're both cooperating with other players to take out NPCs, but also competing against them in some way. I've seen it pop up like twice with new previews and it's always looked fun, but then it just disappears from my life. Anyone know what game I'm talking about?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks!

I'm thinking of replaying it and 60fps would be cool, but I'm fine with 30fps.

And for people on the fence, FFXII is very divisive for a variety of reasons. I would say if you enjoy exploring, looking for hidden areas/monsters/equipment and customizing characters and battle strategies, it's a wonderful game. It really shines when it comes to the mechanics. However, if you're looking for great plot and characters, it's not bad, but I think you might not like it if you're not into the good stuff I've just mentioned.

are the plot and characters better than XIII
thats a bare minimum i can tolerate

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Not much for me in this drop. I'm pretty sure Jurassic World was already a GWG title, and I think I'm through starting these Final Fantasy games and then getting fed up with turn based combat, grinding and ridiculous stories. I feel like I may have finally learned my lesson after VII, VIII and IX. Maybe Final Fantasy just isn't for me and never will be.

I've got too much to play anyway, and Yakuza 0 is taking me way too long with how sidetracked I keep getting.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I am definitely in for Jurassic World (my daughter is pumped for this one) and Falconeer. I have never tried a Final Fantasy game - so maybe.

I still have not completely Yakuza 0 much less all the others in the series. There are simply too many games on GamePass that I want to play. This is becoming a problem and may even be illegal ...

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Why is Shadow of the Damned not available for me in Europe/Slovakia?

I think more EA Play titles are actually off the book for me.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
are the plot and characters better than XIII
thats a bare minimum i can tolerate

Coming from someone who actually enjoyed FFXIII, but hated the characters: yes, FFXII characters are waaaaay better. They're not bad, really, I just don't find them very interesting, but they're fine (you might even like some of them). The plot is also OK, and there's a bonus compared to FFXIII: it makes sense and you'll even be able to understand it ^_^

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
Hyped for FF12 and Falconeer! I'm new to the Xbox ecosystem, is there generally one update for the month?

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
Very happy to see The Falconeer coming to GP.
Oh, Project Winter too? This one looked interesting from the trailers. Definitely will check it out also.

Edit: Project Winter was not what I was thinking it was, but it still looks interesting. Does anyone remember the name of the upcoming game where you play as a deer?

Last edited:

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good month. I'm definitely in for Falconeer and FFXII. Really hope Wolf YB makes its way to console soon too.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Hyped for FF12 and Falconeer! I'm new to the Xbox ecosystem, is there generally one update for the month?

There are always two large drops (one every two weeks) like this and then there'll be random games dropped here and there that, for some reason, they don't include on these.

Basically a drip feed of releases and announcements throughout the month rather than a GWG type 'one announcement for the month'.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Why do they release the Final Fantasy games in the most dumb fuck order imaginable?

9, 7, 8, 12?

What then, 10, 13, 10-2, Lightning Returns then 13-2?!

But I am glad they are getting more in. Between FF, Yakuza, and Dragon Quest I officially have way too many games to play.

Wiseguy

Oct 29, 2017
Where's Gang Beasts? My kids wanted to play it and are now asking about it every month. Ugh. And I don't want to buy it in case they do the old play once and abandon trick.

Oct 31, 2017

I wouldn't call a game like FF XII very divisive at all. Like with most games, there's a vocal minority that doesn't like it but it is very much a beloved game since day one.

Really hope Wolf YB makes its way to console soon too.

It's been available for quite some time, son! :P

Oct 31, 2017
Why do they release the Final Fantasy games in the most dumb fuck order imaginable?

9, 7, 8, 12?

What then, 10, 13, 10-2, Lightning Returns then 13-2?!

But I am glad they are getting more in.

FF XIII trilogy and X/X-2 aside, those are all pretty different games so I'm not sure why you're upset? Wait and play them in release order if that's your thing! :D

Oct 31, 2017
I just don't understand the order they are doing it in.

The order doesn't matter for most of those games though! :P

Is there a database somewhere of when games will be leaving gamepass?

I'm using this:

docs.google.com

Game Pass Master List

Master List Complete Game Pass Master List by u/ABattleVet,549,<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19RorxFhWc2lHocg4c9zrVssSwZq1u2nPcpTsAvzdJQw">Playstation Plus</a>,See suggestions tab for color coding,The community can add games to cross play/play anywhere,Public Notes Game,System,...

Jasonofindy

Oct 27, 2017
Do they even mention EA Play on PC or are they just pretending they never delayed it on the same day it was supposed to release and never gave a date beyond "2021"?

I don't know an original source for this rumor, but since the December delay I've read multiple places on Twitter, here, and Reddit that the delay is because the games are meant to use EA's new PC app that is replacing Origin, but it is still in Beta and its completion with the necessary features has been delayed. It might be total BS coming from a single unreliable source that has just been repeated everywhere, but as I said I've read it multiple places. If that is the reason for the delay, it isn't one that Microsoft can really give because it throws their strategic partner (EA) under the bus. It also means MS doesn't have a new ETA until EA says it is ready, so they might as well just stay quiet about it.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Saw project winter and mistakingly got excited because I somehow mixed up project snowblind and cold winter and thought that was being added to gamepass.