• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
PoE 2 yassssss, there goes another 100 hrs. Anyone know what time period Avowed takes place in this universe?

Also what is the performance like on console (Series X) on this game?

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019
Damn Dirt 5 must've not done so well to be here so soon, at least it will have better exposure on game pass

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
That was my thinking. Shame for Codemasters but I just don't think there's much of a demand for rally style games anymore.

this is why all the doom and gloom around gamepass is overblown. If the game finds a decent audience on GP, there could be a dirt 6.

If all we want to see is AAA (AAAA?) and indie in the future, then ya gamepass is not needed but for AA stuff like this from established studios, gamepass and similar services could be the future.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Oh my god I got exciters seein pillars of eternity but it's not in PC :(

man shame, sure it will come on eventually

Oct 27, 2017
Just bought Dirt 5 before the weekend in the recent sale. I'm happy with what I paid for it but still a slight twinge of pain seeing it appear in gamepass.

I need to 100% it before it arrives to get the most for my money.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I'm down to try Dirt 5. Have been looking for a racing game and Forza 4 is just too much of a messy experience to come back to. Interested to try the 120hz mode for a minute too.

Mostly interested in PoE2: Deadfire though. I'm curious to hear if that will hook me more than the first.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Damn Dirt 5 must've not done so well to be here so soon, at least it will have better exposure on game pass
No. I think people need to stop thinking of sales being consistent over long periods of time. Like, dirt 5 plateaued in terms first month and it's not a game that will get MORE sales as time goes on. There's no word of mouth for racing games. It's a nice genre save for Horizon.

A game that goes to game pass doesn't necessarily mean it sold poorly, it just means it's sales plateaued and there's no harm in it being there

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
if i eventually were interested in getting to know the pillars of eternity universe in anticipation of avowed, should i play both or i could get into poe2 directly?

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Is Pillars 2 a good port? I skipped it on PC due to no controller support, but I'm really longing to play it. Are loading time fine on Series X?

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Oh yeah, Dirt 5. Almost bought it last week so procrastination worked out! :) Also, for folks without gaming PC, PoE 2 is very very good.

Oct 27, 2017
That was my thinking. Shame for Codemasters but I just don't think there's much of a demand for rally style games anymore.

Folks should hold their commentary about an entire genre of games based on the performance of one that is, unfortunately, really not very good. Dirt 5 is another one of these games that's unfocused, not particularly engaging, and is only an "arcade racer" because it tells you it is and is lathered in bright colours.

Wreckfest is the real highlight of this.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Dirt 5 solidifies an idea/theory that I've had for a while: if you ever see Microsoft partnering with a third-party game to regularly appear in their press conferences, almost without fail, it will be on game pass within 6 months/a year of release. Jump force did the same thing, Metro Exodus did the same thing, and now Dirt 5 is doing the same thing. I truly would not be surprised to see Yakuza in the next two months.

This is also the answer to a drum that I have been beating for a while, which is how strange it is that Pillars of Eternity 2 is one of the only games released by an Xbox Game Studio post acquisition that has not been on game pass. Now, that group of titles is almost complete

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So February for Game Pass looked like...
  • Dirt 5 (Cloud, Console and PC)
  • Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age, February 11 (Console and PC)
  • The Falconeer, February 4 (Android, Console and PC)
  • Ghost of a Tale (PC)
  • Project Winter, February 4 (Android, Console and PC)
  • Jurassic World Evolution, February 11 (Android and Console)
  • Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones, February 11 (Android and Console)
  • Code Vein (PC)
  • Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire – Ultimate Edition (Cloud and Console)
  • Wreckfest (Cloud, Console and PC)
  • Killer Queen Black (Cloud and Console)
  • Elite Dangerous (Console)
  • Superhot: Mind Control Delete (PC) ID@Xbox

Oct 27, 2017
code vein is one of those games that i know is going to be sort of trash but i'll still play it anyway, but i haven't bit on any of the sales yet. thanks gamepass!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Will killer Queen Black bee cross play? The community desperately needs it

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Folks should hold their commentary about an entire genre of games based on the performance of one that is, unfortunately, really not very good. Dirt 5 is another one of these games that's unfocused, not particularly engaging, and is only an "arcade racer" because it tells you it is and is lathered in bright colours.

Wreckfest is the real highlight of this.
Yeah maybe. I'm probably just thinking back to the PS1/PS2 days when the likes of Colin McRae were AAA titles. I guess they don't occupy that level these days but that doesn't necessarily mean people aren't buying them.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I literally bought PoE2 for $60 last night. Fortunately MS' refund process is quick & painless. Game Pass is incredible.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dirt 5 was a big disappointment for me, as someone who bought it at launch. Some really bad event types (awful Sprint racing) and lighting issues — that have since been improved with patches. I'm glad it's on Gamepass now because I definitely feel it'll be a better value proposition that way. It might fix the absolutely dead MP population as well.

Anjoys

Avenger
Nov 10, 2017
Awww, I was excited for Elite Dangerous, but it console only :( I had been thinking about buy ED for awhile, would have been nice to try it out on GP first before buy it. Hopefully it does come to PC GP.